collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: opinion question/challenge: A Generation One Mane six  (Read 682 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
opinion question/challenge: A Generation One Mane six
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Okay, this is a question that has been asked before, but I'm going to ask it again, a little challenge for all of you; Let's say that it were up to you to create the next MLP show, and you had to choose a core cast of ponies to be the stars; which six would you pick. Now, this isn't just about picking your favorites, this is something of a G1 reboot (think Transformers animated or transformers prime), and there are several factors you have to consider:

-only G1 ponies
-colors have to all be diffrent and compliment each other (no two ponies same color, so kids can tell them apart)
-two of each kind (Pegasus, Unicorn, earth pony)
-each have a diffrent personality/profession/'thing'- (the smart one, the tomboy, the magical one, the dressmaker, the cook, the comic relief, etc.)
-would be appealing toys for girls and collectors

Please read and consider the terms- I don't want to see Fizzy and Wind Whistler (both blue) or a whole group of Pegasus (Skydancer, Flutterbye, Heart Throb)  slammed into the list just 'becuase they are your favorites'.

Okay, let's see what you all can come up with! ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: opinion question/challenge: A Generation One Mane six
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
o.0 Fizzy is green and Wind Whistler is blue. Plus one is a unicorn and one is a pegasus. Plus they are polar opposites for personality. I think if ANY two G1 ponies would be part of the show, it would be Fizzy and Wind Whistler!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »
Night Glider - Blue, earth pony, the wise one
Star Hopper - Green, unicorn, the clumsy one
Firefly - Pink, pegasus, the adventurous one
Tickle - Purple, pegasus, the shy one
Scoops - White, earth pony, the gentle / kind one
Gypsy - Orange, unicorn, the fun-loving one

Kind of a weird mix I guess xD
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »
Ooooo, this sounds like fun :D *and gets me out of cleaning my pony shelves for a couple of minutes lol*

Ok, here's mine:

Earth:

Magic Star - Not her TV personality but more along the lines of some of the old G1 books. She was far  more reserved in those and could do very strong magic but no one knew she could.

Ice Crystal - Why? Because a boy pony would be a great addition to a group of mostly girls and i recall him creating a huge ice slide in one of my old pony books so i always thought of him as a little bit silly and playful.

Pegasus:
Flutterbye - Because i remember reading a story about her in the books in which she was quite arrogant about herself. Of course she came around in the story, but i think it'd be a nice personality to add to a group dynamic.

Princess Tiffany - Her story could be about her as a princess in training and learning to respect others. I know she changes her attitude in her TV special, but it'd be nice to have an on going thing in a tv series. Plus i've always loved her all white colour scheme and she even comes with a dragon to replace spike lol ^_~

Unicorns:

Sunbeam - Because she always seemed to have control on the weather in the annuals and that in itself would be cool. Plus she's blue and i needed a blue pony in all this lol XD

Hule Hula - Why? Because my group needed a pink pony and her colours are crazy wonderful. Plus with her symbol she can be my crazy, athletic, sporty one of the group lol :D

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »
o.0 Fizzy is green and Wind Whistler is blue. Plus one is a unicorn and one is a pegasus. Plus they are polar opposites for personality. I think if ANY two G1 ponies would be part of the show, it would be Fizzy and Wind Whistler!

Ehh, I was going by the show, I considered aqua to be to close to blue ><

But, okay then! Those two are good choices! ^^
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:11:02 PM by Firehooves »

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
  • Minty (Sugarberry's Pose): Loyal, generous
  • Posey (same pose): Cartoon's character
  • Starshine (Lofty's pose): Fearless, i.e. Firefly's personality
  • Blueberry Baskets (same pose): Fickle, troublesome
  • Pinwheel (same pose): Adventurous, playful
  • Powder (Button's pose): Sensible, wise

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »
no two ponies same color, so kids can tell them apart
Sorry to ask, but is this a genuine problem with kids?  'Cause I can honestly say I would never have had this problem.

I might give this a go after more thought though, but we'll see.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »
Sorry to ask, but is this a genuine problem with kids?  'Cause I can honestly say I would never have had this problem.

I think it just has to do with diversity. Especially in a toy line where all main characters share the same body mold. More colors means more kids will find their favorite color in the line-up.

As for the question, I fear I can't answer it. But I know that I would love to have Gusty, Twilight and Sparkler in the line-up. One of them would have to be de-horned XD

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »

I think it just has to do with diversity. Especially in a toy line where all main characters share the same body mold. More colors means more kids will find their favorite color in the line-up.

As for the question, I fear I can't answer it. But I know that I would love to have Gusty, Twilight and Sparkler in the line-up. One of them would have to be de-horned XD

Soooo this! I was talking more of the businsess line of thinking that 'kids can't tell them apart!' but more the idea of color deversity for diffrent color toys to buy. As to my pony choices:

unicorns:
Gusty- Tomboy with aggresive wind magic
Fizzy- Ditzy Comic relief

Pegasus:
Wind Whistler- Genius/smart pony
Masquerade- serious pony, master of Disguise

Earth Pony:
Shady- glum depressed earth pony, physically strong

Aaand I dunno my last earth pony, magic star is yellow, and I hate losing both her and Galaxy, but what ya gonna do? XD

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 04:18:02 PM »
I really like the idea of having aggressive, loud or funny unicorns in the line-up. Nothing against the G4 unicorns, but originally unicorns were thought to be many things and that included being beastly and dangerous (come on, they have a weapon on their heads). The unicorn is often "typecast" as a beautiful, gentle and wise creature. It's why I like Gusty a lot. She breaks the mold *g*

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 02:43:58 AM »
Earth Ponies
-Cotton Candy: The 'blank slate' and main character, maybe with a sweet tooth to fit her name
-Munchy: I like to imagine her as a waitress in a restaurant. She is in my main six to teach girls about working hard and that fame isn't easy to obtain. I don't like when toy lines for girls are all about fashion, or singers... So Munchy would be the 'hard working' one, maybe a bit clumsy and/or lazy too

Unicorns
-Mimic: Despite her name and symbol, I imagine Mimic as a mute character. Maybe she would have a pet parrot to speak for her... she would be like a more adventurous version of Fluttershy
-DJ: A G1 version of Vynil Scratch? I see her also as a surfer girl...

Pegasi
-Starshine: A little rainbow dreamer, the youngest in the group. She and Starglow would be sisters (they almost share names).
-Starglow: She would prefer to be awake at night. A quirky pony who at first isn't accepted, but slowly she'll be part of my main six.

Oooh, I like this idea! Maybe I'll post another 'mane six' when I come up with ideas...

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 03:55:30 AM »
Fizzy - Green, unicorn. "Comic relief". A clumsy but fun-loving pony who likes making others laugh. Works as a server at a diner despite her clumsiness, and does very well!
Sparkler - Blue, unicorn. She's a rough-'n-tumble adventurer -- a gem hunter to be precise! She disappears for weeks at a time to go on gem-scouting missions. Sells whatever gems she's not hoarding to collectors for a living.
Tall Tales - Yellow, pegasus. As her name would suggest, she's a big talker prone to over-exaggerating, especially about herself and her skills. It gets her and her friends into trouble.
Lavender Lace - Purple, pegasus. A soft-spoken cosmetologist. She can sometimes be a bit of a diva but overall means well. Runs a beauty shop. Does not enjoy flying as the wind and speed messes up her 'do.
Princess Primrose - Pink, earth pony. She is the leader of the group -- a princess looking to live a life outside of the castle with her friends. A bit of a blank slate that the audience can project themselves onto.
Sugarberry - White, earth pony. A shy, hard working strawberry farmer. She is reluctant to join in on adventures with the rest of the girls. Tends to be the voice of reason.

I picked some ponies off the top of my head. I know a lot of these don't match up with canon depictions.

That was fun! I want to make a bunch of mane sixes now haha.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:59:45 AM by Ice Crystal »

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 06:30:36 AM »
I have no clue on characters I am afraid :P But I would love to have seen

Cotton Candy
Bow Tie
Masquerade
Honeycomb
Gypsy
Buttons

I like that line up :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 09:01:03 AM »
Hmm this sounds fun! I haven't watched the show in years so I can't remember personalities. Here's my list:
Earth: Minty and Posey
Unicorn: Glory and Sparkler
Pegasi: Medley and Whizzer

I picked them based off which ones I feel would do best in a reboot.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
Ooh, this sounds fun! Hm.. going off the chars that were in the series, I'd go for:

Earth ponies
Sweet Stuff - incredibly sweet and friendly, almost to a fault
Tex - a cowboy pony, daring. Mostly because I think it'd be nice if there was a male pony as part of the 'main characters' for once. :B Although if I had to pick a girl pony instead, I'd go for..
Shady - somewhat whiny, a bit of a hypochondriac ("Maybe we'll get all wet and catch pneumonia!")

Pegasi
Wind Whistler - highly intelligent, occasionally snarky
North Star - good at navigating, can't stay in one place for too long

Unicorns
Fizzy - ditzy and silly, very empathetic
Gusty - very confident and daring, a bit of a jerk at times

:D I love questions like these, they're fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal