collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay Photo Quality?  (Read 421 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
eBay Photo Quality?
« on: April 19, 2014, 07:22:09 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with an eBay issue. I sell on there quite a lot, but recently I've noticed that as soon as I've listed a pony, the photo I upload isn't half as good as the original. I'm taking very clear photos on my DSLR, and they're coming out grainy and small on my auctions. Here's an example of a current auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181385881621?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The picture SHOULD look more like this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Does anyone know what the deal is with this, and how I can get better quality photos on eBay? It's really frustrating!

Thanks so much for any advice,

XTic_Tac_Toex

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Photo Quality?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »
It might be a re-sizing issue. Can you upload smaller ones to Ebay and then maybe link to larger ones in the description?

Also - your photos are much clearer than 99% of sellers on ebay :lol: even the grainier ones.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:16:10 PM »
Also - your photos are much clearer than 99% of sellers on ebay :lol: even the grainier ones.

I 100% agree with this. If you have photoshop, it might help just to lighten it up a bit, too. I've been working with print media for 15 years and I have worked with photoshop as long (I have had to tone photos). We have to make sure photos look great online and on print and they have to be toned two different ways for each. They need to be lighter for online and a little darker for print or they will be washed out.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:16:11 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 05:59:47 AM »
I have to agree with Cupid on that it looks like it's a resizing issue or it could just be eBay acting up.

Otherwise, I think your pictures look wonderful.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
Sometimes it depends on the file type as well as if you are uploading to ebay or linking to a sharing site? It looks like its a JPEG so that's probably not the problem. However I would be tempted to try some different settings in case its a problem ebay is having with too high a resolution on the image [there is a max file size and sometimes instead of rejecting the image and saying its too big ebay simply downs the resolution] or similar. Also are you uploading the pictures from your desktop to ebay or are you linking to images on another site?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
I have actually noticed that pretty much all of the listing photos on eBay UK are small and reduced in quality. In addition they don't have a zoom feature. I'm wondering if higher quality images and zoom are advanced features you have to pay for? I don't list on the UK site so I am unsure how that works.

What you can do is get a photobucket account, upload listing photos and then insert the html code into the body of your listing to allow buyers to see higher quality images besides just the ones eBay is compressing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal