collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: hypothetical question on brushable accsessories?  (Read 274 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
hypothetical question on brushable accsessories?
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »
Hey, I had a hypothetical question for collectors about the brushables, and the accsessories they come with. Now as most collectors know, most toys from most generations came with standard 'girly' acsessories (example, G1 brush or comb), and nothing that directly tied with the character in question. Now, knowing that many collectors cosider thier ponies blank slates, and love to give thier ponies thier own personalities, I have a question; what would collectors think about acsessories specific to a character's personality or character traits?

Let me give an example; let's say hasbro, for some crazy reason, did decide to a reboot of G1 as both  a toy and cartoon/stoyrline and they started releasing new versions of old ponies- what would you all think of, say, something like Wind Whistler came with a computer gizmo/backpack that snapped onto her back and a pair of 'scientist/tech genius  goggles rather than a brush and 'fashion' acsessories? Or a magic star that actually came with her wand she has on her cutie mark, or a galaxy who came with a little mini-orrey and star chart? Or maybe some explorer gear for North Star? Would this be not 'girly' enough, or define thier personalites too much for collectors who like to give them thier own personalites? Just something I was curious about! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Re: hypothetical question on brushable accsessories?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »
No idea about the G4's, I'm too unfamiliar with them, to really give an opinion. If the G1's were released as G2's, those kind of accessories would be very in-line with the rest of the generation ;) And they would still get the pick/comb at least, as a girly accessory.

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
That makes sense. The reason I considered the question was how the G4's actually have distict personalities/acsessories in the show, but thier toys barely come with anything related to thier show potrayal! Heck, even Applejack in most releases doesn't have her hat! So I was wondering if collectors would like toys that are mroe in-line with the cartoon for ANY generation! :)

Post Merge: April 19, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Hey, this is a legit question :( ! I was just wondering what you thought about the accsessories mtching chacter personalities as presented in other media! (Cartoons, comics, etc)?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:19:18 PM by Firehooves »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:03:48 AM »
Any accessories are good accessories in my mind :)

Although I will admit that I am not really that fussed about the characters in the show - I have seen it, I watch it on the odd occasion but I collect the toys and therefore I dont need the accessories to be relevant to the show. I just like them to be cute :)

However, it would perhaps have been cool if part of what is known as the Movie Stars set - with Magic Star, Buttons, Wind Whistler, Shady, etc - came with accessories which would be relevant to the movie then. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
I think it would've been a cute idea and certainly wouldn't bother the line any or take away from imaginative play.  Other toy lines, like Barbie and AG, come with accessories that are more specific of the character's personality and stories but that doesn't mean you can't explore.

Personally, I'd love Wind Whistler to have a mini laptop and North Star to have a telescope.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
Thanks! ^^ It's nice to get a perspective on this! Yes, that really would have been neat! I just always felt they might have adapted accsessories to the different types of personalities and character professions, to match the diffrent intrests of diffrent types of girls. Like beauty acseessories for a character who's a beautician, or sewing accsessories for a G1 dressmaker, or explorer gear for a pony like north star. It might have given more variety to the toyline than just comb, talibow, wash, rinse, repeat.  :)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 03:14:31 PM »
Well, the comb and barrettes were just there because the MLP as a toy is mostly about hairplay.
But character specific accessories are always great in my book and I don't quite understand why they would be considered "not girly enough". Taking a character and giving them your own story is no girls-only thing. The original G1 Transformers didn't come with character specific accessories either, they just had their back card bio or stats like the ponies had their back card stories.
And when you looked at the commercials they all seemed to be into war and shooting. Save for the rescue vehicles maybe, lol.
And when you watched the G1 TF cartoon you had the same the MLP 'n' Friends cartoon had: characters defined by only one character trait or occupation. I'm pretty sure lots of little boys just took Starscream and made him the leader and Optimus was his best buddy or whatever.

From everything you mentioned I think I would have loved a North Star with explorer gear. In fact I want to get that elusive North Star already so I can make said gear for her :biggrin:

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
a galaxy who came with a little mini-orrey and star chart?

I would give my first born child for this. Not really, but that would be SO AMAZING!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal