collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blythe photos + discussion thread :3  (Read 17219 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Blythe photos + discussion thread :3
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »
I am now excited to say I am awaiting my first Blythe Doll. She ships out tomorrow and is probably going to take forever and a day to get here because that's how my luck usually runs, but I know she will be worth the wait! I will definitely take some pics when she arrives. :)
And I want to thank Vertefae for all her help and answering tons of noobish questions. *huggles*

You are SO welcome!! Congrats love!! She should be to you in no longer than 2 weeks. CCT is pretty good about shipping :)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »
I received an email about post leaving or entering China now requiring an x-ray scan and was told this could increase the shipping time, but thanks for the estimate. I've been given a tracking number which knowing me will be checked at least two dozen times a day. XD And I've already found some clothing items I want to buy her when I get more money lol. I can already tell this is going to become an addiction.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »
I am now excited to say I am awaiting my first Blythe Doll. She ships out tomorrow and is probably going to take forever and a day to get here because that's how my luck usually runs, but I know she will be worth the wait! I will definitely take some pics when she arrives. :)
And I want to thank Vertefae for all her help and answering tons of noobish questions. *huggles*

Congrats :D, please show us some pics when she arrives <3.

My Strawberrys n creamy cute was shipped a day after I paid, I don't think it will take all that long to get her. I'm not sure as I haven't had anything shipped with DHL before. Probably a bit longer than EMS that takes like two days from Asia usually ^-^. Oh and my Simply Guava was shipped very quickly as well :D, yeey  :straw: :straw: :straw: :hearts:

Anyway.. I posted a wanted thread on Blythe Kingdom about wanting sleepy sheep Lalatroop hats, as I have no time to even try getting one :(. And I also want a Mimsy bear hat and Dolly Wardrobe dresses.

Does anybody know how to get one of those Dolly Wardrobe dresses? I can't figure out where he sells them.. And I certainly need at least one of those with stripy arms  :lovey:

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
I'm not sure on the Dolly Wardrobe. Most of the sewers use either Etsy or Artfire.

mickey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 08:09:38 AM »
I love all your pictures of your Blythe dolls!  I have a collection of LPS Blythe that I think are cute! I will try to get a picture of them. 

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
I was a naughty Blythe mom. I sold my two custom gals to fund a grail purchase. I snagged a Prima Dolly Peach with her full stock for a steal. We'll a steal when it comes to limited Blythe dolls. :D

Part of one of sales included a trade for a factory girl with pink and purple hair. So now I have a totally pink Blythe family. Guess my girliness is showing lol

Skitterbug

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
Blythes are one of those things I love in photos - not so much in person, for some reason? So i'm totally glad you're all here posting pictures, haha. I had a fake at one point with the intent to customize her, but it never panned out.

What, exactly, are factory dolls? I'm not... entirely clear on the definition.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »
Factory dolls started out as rejected parts from the factories that we're being sold on the black market. Now they've grown to include fakes that were molded from legit dolls. There's (in my opinion) two types. The TBL which is different enough sculpt that it actually looks fake and Factory girls. Their sculpt still is extremely close to a legit doll. For all I know they are being made from takara molds. They have rather amazing scalps which has given them more of a free pass in the Blythe world than one would normally expect for knock off dolls. The quality is on par if not better than takara. The worst you might have is knees that do not bend, although that's becoming an issue with legit releases as well.

Skitterbug

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
Aah, interesting! I sort of thought something like factory rejects, but that's a bit more interesting, I think. The fake girl I had looked legit, but her hair was pretty terrible. (though, for 25$ therabouts, would have been good custom bait)

I have a huge fascination with knockoffs of various kinds - I've had two fake pullips pass through my hands (COMPLETELY opposite ends of the quality spectrum, lol) along with a few other more expensive fakes - i've even got some monster high fakes incoming.

I bet the factory girls are really popular with customizers!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2014, 02:35:46 PM »
They are, especially since they can be gotten cheaply on taobao.

This is a factory girl

Stormy seas by Vertefae, on Flickr

Vs a legit takara release

For Barbgirl by Vertefae, on Flickr

As you can see there's virtually no difference in their face molds at all

Skitterbug

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
Cute! There's no way I'd be able to tell them apart haha. Maybe after a few hours of squinting?

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »
This beautiful girl arrived today and I am just amazed by her. She is even better IRL <3. Poor thing has been loose in her box during her trip, but she was still perfect, except her hair was a bit messy. She has got that factory greasy feel anyway, so she needs a hairwash. Her outfit is perfect as well. I bought her used. All her eyechips are lovely special ones so I think I might not change them. With this girl I feel a strong need to keep her as recognisable as the stock doll as I feel I can. I mean I will customize her, but only the carving, faceup and eyelids. Right now she can stay as she is. She is just stunning, even with her shiny face. I also got the clothes I ordered from Miema Dollhouse today and she looks fab in the strawberry outfit ;). I have called her Sofie as it's a name I have loved for a long time.

My beautiful :3 by Buzzingbumblebee, on Flickr
New girl and pretty clothes ^^ by Buzzingbumblebee, on Flickr

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
LOVE her! I swear her stock is what makes her so perfect

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »
Congrats on your new arrival, she's a gorgeous girl!  Scrolling through this thread makes me want to take new pics of my trio :heart:

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
Thank you <3. Well her stock is certainly awesome, she has white see through pantyhose under the pink thights and pink knickers as well ^-^. I love the strawberry dress the most. But she is perfect without her stock as well, for me anyway :D.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal