collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it bother you if your collection is 'uneven'?  (Read 1741 times)

Carcina

• Trade Count: (0)
Does it bother you if your collection is 'uneven'?
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
It bothers me SO MUCH that sometimes it actually keeps me up at night--And I'm really not sure why!

It drives me crazy that even though I collect all generations, 1/2 of my collection is g4.
(I have 36 ponies and 18 of them are g4--That's exactly 1/2.)

I guess it makes sense that I have more from the generation that's actually in stores cause I have to get the rest off ebay and all... But even so.. It bothers me so much and I always want me to have an equal amount of each group!
 :cry:

Does this bother anyone else, or am I just stupid? Hahaha

Offline candiedapples

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does it bother you if your collection is 'uneven'?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »
I collect G1, G3, and G4 and right now my group is heavily represented by G4. I wouldn't want to keep them all in perfect proportion to each other, but definitely I want to increase my G1 girls because those are the ones I grew up with :) But I can definitely understand wanting to have more equal amounts of each gen.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Summer Daze Swap Wishlist
Banner made by dashesndots

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 01:56:25 PM »
If you are talking about different generations no it does not bother me. I know that some generations are more easy to get and a lot cheaper. The generation that I have the least of are the ones that I grew up with as a kind. G1 that is and its cause they are so much more.

I don't know what to tell ya to make you feel better about it. I bet there are others out there that do feel the same way as you :) 

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »
It doesn't bother me so much, I like to represent each Generation but they're far from equal. I do feel bad for only having two G2s though. :P

What bugs me more is an unbalanced display, spaces that draw the eye with their emptiness. I have makeshift risers here and there and ponies riding on each other just so everything looks balanced. :lol:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »
Nope, not really.  Most of my collection is of G1's and next would be G3's.  I have two G2 ponies given to me by my pony pal CuteyStorm and I have about 6 G4's.  I also have customs I commissioned happy meal toys, tiny tins, ponyvilles and some misc. MLP merchandise.  I just collect what I want.  It does bother me when my cat messes up my ponies.  He knocks them down at night or during the day and chews on their hair.  I had to rearrange where I put my pony shelves several times trying to find a way so he can't get at my ponies.  I managed to fix it so he can't climb over to the top and slide all over them and knocking them down, but he still found a way to get at some from the bottom and he reaches up to get them.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm just happy to have any Ponies!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
I find g4 are more expensive than g3 at the moment and almost all my g1s are bought in.poor condition for not much. The only really saught after one I have is Nightglider I was lucky enough to get in a swap.  Anyway I can sympathise with you - I originally wanted to balance unicorns, pegs and earth ponies in my g1 collection. I would say I have all the good UK and us pegs except taf yum yum , flutterbye, movie firefly and blueberry baskets for that reason :) and I'm looking for those girls too!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:16:13 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »
Doesn't bug me. I am not a completest though. I only grab the ponies I like and keep it at that. If I have more of one Generation it doesn't mean anything to me accept that I like more ponies of that generation.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
That doesnt bother me at all. Having bins of ponies that havent had a spa day drives me crazy. And i have laid awake at night thinking about the dirty ponies :( Its just so hard to spa them with a 2yr old that wants to play with them, steals them when im at work  and pulls the curlers out.... :huh:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »
I don't like it when my ponies are displayed with different generations in the same curio. I have one for my G1 and one for my G3 and of course one for my G4 and NIB G4 ponies. I like to have the same pose together and ponies that are looking the same way. I like them to look neat :)

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »
It doesn't bother me exactly... but I wish I could put old ponies on, say, my Amazon wishlist. As it is, there's no easy way to show my family which G1/2 ponies I'm hunting for, whereas they can buy me G4 things for birthday/Christmas pretty easily.

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 11:35:55 PM »
I kind of get where you're coming from but I don't know that it bothers me more than just weirds me out when ponies I didn't like as much originally (G2 and G4) start becoming a decent sized part of my collection.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
That sounds like some sort of OCD or something. I've never thought that!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 12:22:33 PM »
It doesn't bother me at all - that's the point of collecting!  You are always going to have a goal - something to strive towards.  Once you don't have a goal - whether it's a pony you're saving money for, a shelf you are building, a set you want to complete, etc., IMHO your collection has gone stagnant and you need to ask yourself why you enjoy collecting.  Then you can either put them in storage, sell them, or start working on one of your collection goals! 

It's totally a fluid process - there are no right or wrong answers to why and how a person collects.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »
It doesn't bother me in particular. Many of my g3's are in hiding while the g1's get all the attention. I couldn't even give you an accurate count at this time between the both... What bothers me the most are those sets that aren't complete.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal