collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Fair and Conventon- What You Need to Know  (Read 1152 times)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
MLP Fair and Conventon- What You Need to Know
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »

We have so many exciting games, contests, and events planned for this year’s MY LITTLE PONY Fair! We can’t wait to see everyone this summer on July 12th and 13th in Nashville, Tennessee to celebrate the MY LITTLE PONY brand. To keep everyone informed and up-to-date on the newest Fair happenings, we’ve compiled them below.

This year, our event will be held at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs Hotel. We have expanded our space this year to include 6 event spaces all conveniently located together in the same area and main level of the Hotel. Attendees will be able to enter directly into the Hotel via a special Convention Area entry that is directly connected to the Hotel’s parking lot. This should make load-in much easier for vendors this year. The Hotel has sold out of rooms in our room block (4 times) and are unable to add additional rooms to our discount room rate. We’ve been told they do have rooms available at this time (just at a higher rate than the room block rate.)

TICKETS
Tickets for the 2014 MY LITTLE PONY Fair can be reserved through our Eventbrite ticketing system: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/my-little-pony-fair-2014-tickets-5341207696. Currently we have Adult Weekend General Admission Passes and FREE Child Weekend Admission Passes (Child Passes must be reserved through the ticketing system) available. We also still have 3 Dinner Tickets still available for our Friday night MY LITTLE PONY Fair Celebration and Hall of Fame Ceremony. Other merchandise can be ordered through the website including shirts, pins, posters, mugs, etc. Event tickets will be available at the door, but will not include the special MY LITTLE PONY Fair tote bag.

SPECIAL GUESTS
Liz Knight, designer of many classic MY LITTLE PONY characters (including Applejack and the Sea Ponies!) will be a special guest this year. Ms. Knight will be signing autographs, giving a presentation, and leading a small group (sign up and details to come) during the Fair. MY LITTLE PONY creator, Bonnie Zacherle, will be joining us again this year to sign autographs and spend time with fans. Also joining our guest list is Jenn Blake, IDW comic artist. There will be several opportunities for autographs throughout the weekend. Autographs vouchers will be $5 each, or $10 for an autograph voucher and a special 11x 17” print created exclusively for the MY LITTLE PONY Fair by each guest. All proceeds from the sale of the vouchers and prints go directly to each guest.

GAMES
For the first time, we will be introducing blocks of time designated to playing many of the MY LITTLE PONY Fair’s games. During these time windows, many different games will be going on at the same time allowing attendees to have a chance to play as little or as much as they want.  We hope that this will make it easier for vendors to participate. In order to accomplish this, the Fair Staff will be asking for volunteers to run games. In exchange for time volunteered, the MY LITTLE PONY Fair will be giving out special edition pins only available to Fair volunteers. A familiar face to many, RuthAnn (aka SpottedSlug), has stepped up to be our Fair Game Coordinator. She will be in charge of scheduling volunteers to work ½-1 hour game shifts throughout the weekend. More info will be available soon on this project, so keep an eye out for updates on how to volunteer.

MLP Pajama Party Sponsored by SHOUT! Factory Kids
On Saturday night, at 7pm, we will be holding a pajama party movie night for Fair attendees. This event is free for all Fair attendees and will include free popcorn! SHOUT! Factory Kids will be showing the yet-to-be released MY LITTLE PONY Friendship Is Magic, “Keys of Friendship.” Attendees are encouraged to wear their pajamas and bring along a Pony plush to earn additional door prize tickets. Door prizes will include SHOUT! Factory Kids MY LITTLE PONY DVDs. Drinks will be available for purchase from the Hotel staff.

EVENT PROGRAM BOOKLET
As the MY LITTLE PONY Fair continues to grow, so does our programming. We can no longer fit all of our necessary event information on a tri-fold brochure and have decided to make the leap to creating a convention booklet for 2014. In addition to our rules, policies, and schedule of events, we will also be including guest bios, art by Jenn Blake, and sponsorship opportunities for vendors and artists in the community. Details on how to advertise your business/products in our program will be shared within the next two weeks.

HASBRO and BRAND LICENSEES
The MY LITTLE PONY Fair is the only officially contracted MY LITTLE PONY Convention. We are very fortunate to be affiliated with Hasbro. In addition to allowing us to offer a special edition MY LITTLE PONY figure, creating Fair exclusive art designs for our logos and event posters, and donating products for giveaways; Hasbro has committed to being at the Fair this year to answer questions and interact with fans. As well as having Hasbro’s support, we will be hosting many MY LITTLE PONY brand licensees at this year’s MY LITTLE PONY Fair including: FUNKO, EnterPlay, SHOUT! Factory, Build-A-Bear, and Fashion Angels. Other licensees have also shown interest in attending and will be announced once they are confirmed.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Please follow MY LITTLE PONY Fair (@MyLittlePonyCon) on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook to get the newest Fair updates delivered straight to your news/Twitter feeds. Also, help us get the word out about our awesome event! The more people we can get involved in the MY LITTLE PONY Fair, the more activities, guests and events we can offer attendees.

Please keep an eye on this thread as additional Fair details will be added here as they become available. :)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: MLP Fair and Conventon- What You Need to Know
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
Woohooo more pony exclusives come on Funko lets see some epic characters!!! Too bad I can't go too far away, but still excited to see some pictures and new stuff!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
ooh sounds awesome
and I await info on advertizing space
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »
Here's a little bump and stalk

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
CANNOT WAIT!

Summer, you truly outdo yourself year after year. I am so impressed with the level of effort and organization you put in. :hug:
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
Awesome!! It's hard to believe the 2014 Pony Con is less than 3 mos away now! It seems like I just attended last year's Fair and my how the time does fly!  :whoa:

I'm so excited it's in the Midwest again and I can travel easily by car. I live in IN so it's not as close as Indianapolis was (only a 45 min drive for me hehe) but still doable for me. It sounds like this year's Fair will be better than ever before and I'm looking forward to it especially since Hasbro didn't make it last year to the Q & A panel. :silly:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
Sounds wonderful!!!

For the $10 autograph voucher & print...Will this be the same as last year's print or will it be a new one?

Thanks for the hard work!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »
Sounds wonderful!!!

For the $10 autograph voucher & print...Will this be the same as last year's print or will it be a new one?

Thanks for the hard work!

It will be a new one from Bonnie and Liz and Jenn will also have their own designs as well. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal