collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread  (Read 92847 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1065 on: August 25, 2016, 03:41:08 PM »
...if anyone is interested, I have a few extra dolls lying around that need new homes:

MIB Hat Tastic Apple
1st Wave Holly O'Hair (Missing only purse & ring)
1st Wave Poppy O'Hair...who is around here...somewhere...incomplete stock
1st Wave Hunter Huntsman (Only has shirt, pants, bracelet, & shoes)
1st Wave Ashlynn - Nude

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 27, 2016, 12:20:58 PM »
I don't usually read the Ever After High books but I really want to read the book about Meshell the Mermaid.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:37 PM »
They do look like they were told to smile and hold it... forever. 
these were my thoughts exactly when I saw Epic Winter dolls for the first time last weekend. I was not able to decide whether I liked Apple or not, so I left her there, but Blondie came home with me. for some reason, her smile did not come across that way, probably it's because she doesn't show her teeth. she just looks happy, satisfied, something like that. it's funny how all my other Blondies suddenly look really mean next to her XD

I unboxed her today. oh boy! I remember Raye mentioning in her review that this girl has bad hair, but, well, I never thought it can be this bad :shocked: the thinness is something I could live with, but the haircut looks like the result of a little girl's first encounter with a pair of scissors, straight out of the box! >_< this is an easy fix though thankfully, and I'm sure she will look cute with a somewhat shorter hairstyle, but the thing I really, really dislike is that her bangs are completely yellow, while the rest of the hair (at least the full front) is all blonde. different-coloured bangs can look good, but I guess the difference has to be more distinct. like this, it's just... eww. I will have to add some extra plugs of yellow - didn't expect this much work before I can fully enjoy her *sigh*
(no pics because her current appearance bugs me too much to take a pic of her like this)

I'm sorry if this has already come up before, I didn't have time to read all the way back: is her head really somewhat smaller, or am I imagining things? I didn't yet get to actually try to measure her head and compare it to that of an older version of her, but I swear it is smaller :blink:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 16, 2016, 02:17:05 PM »
I impulsively bought the Winter Pixies (both of them). They are just so pretty. They kind of remind me of my Catwalk Kitties dolls, so I had to have them. And they weren't too expensive.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 18, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »
They do look like they were told to smile and hold it... forever. 
these were my thoughts exactly when I saw Epic Winter dolls for the first time last weekend. I was not able to decide whether I liked Apple or not, so I left her there, but Blondie came home with me. for some reason, her smile did not come across that way, probably it's because she doesn't show her teeth. she just looks happy, satisfied, something like that. it's funny how all my other Blondies suddenly look really mean next to her XD

I unboxed her today. oh boy! I remember Raye mentioning in her review that this girl has bad hair, but, well, I never thought it can be this bad :shocked: the thinness is something I could live with, but the haircut looks like the result of a little girl's first encounter with a pair of scissors, straight out of the box! >_< this is an easy fix though thankfully, and I'm sure she will look cute with a somewhat shorter hairstyle, but the thing I really, really dislike is that her bangs are completely yellow, while the rest of the hair (at least the full front) is all blonde. different-coloured bangs can look good, but I guess the difference has to be more distinct. like this, it's just... eww. I will have to add some extra plugs of yellow - didn't expect this much work before I can fully enjoy her *sigh*
(no pics because her current appearance bugs me too much to take a pic of her like this)

I'm sorry if this has already come up before, I didn't have time to read all the way back: is her head really somewhat smaller, or am I imagining things? I didn't yet get to actually try to measure her head and compare it to that of an older version of her, but I swear it is smaller :blink:
Blondie is my favorite from that group too!  She looks quite cute.  And... I think their heads are smaller.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 05, 2016, 05:23:13 AM »
The new dolls from Epic Winter  (with the exception of EW Rosabella and Crystal Winter) , the last 3 sig dolls (Jillian, Meeshell, Nina) and all dolls released later than that have smaller heads, quite a bit smaller than the original EAH. And smiles, they all have big smiles now.
They are much cuter than I thought they would be but they look much younger to me now too. Still prefer the original ones but I like the new ones too  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 10, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »
I finally got Meeshell. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 12:07:42 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 01, 2017, 07:25:55 AM »
The new dolls from Epic Winter  (with the exception of EW Rosabella and Crystal Winter) , the last 3 sig dolls (Jillian, Meeshell, Nina) and all dolls released later than that have smaller heads, quite a bit smaller than the original EAH. And smiles, they all have big smiles now.
They are much cuter than I thought they would be but they look much younger to me now too. Still prefer the original ones but I like the new ones too  :awake:
ah, thanks for confirming the size Ringlets! :)

I agree about the younger looks, and now I wish there was a better shorter-height match to Blondie than Lizzie (I saw Raye has rebodied one of her Blondies on to a Lizzie body and bought a Sig Lizzie for a similar purpose sometime in early 2016, but the match was just not right for me, so I ended up selling Lizzie :( probably the release also matters though, I know that Maddie, for one, had somewhat varying skin tones :blink: ), I'd love to rebody Epic Winter Blondie on to a shorter body.
...especially because since my last post I still haven't done anything to her, and found that I might not be as happy with her as I initially thought. I still seem to prefer my previous two Blondies, compared to whom this new girl just seems to lack something... some extra special charm that would make her a "necessary" doll to me, other than a doll whom I like, but don't necessarily need. I will be keeping her for now, but I don't know... :shrug:

contrats for getting Meeshell, Ponyfan! :)
I have also got another EAH doll recently: a Getting Fairest Maddie. initially bought for clothes, but I think she has grown on me... oops  :blush: :P

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 04, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »
so... based on an idea I have realised that I might want to buy Justine Dancer. however, Amazon seems to offer her for crazy prices O_o is she rare? is she still available or has she already disappeared from shelves? does anyone possibly have her for sale loose (can be nude, though I like her shoes and tiara)? bad hair is not an issue...
neither she, nor the line in which her doll was featured was available here unfortunately (it actually seems Ever After High altogether is getting discountinued in my country, only a few, non-toy webshops remain that carry a handful of dolls, and I no longer see them in stores either... I bought Blondie abroad, too) -_-

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 05, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
She is on Amazon US for like 10 bucks. I could order her for you.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 08, 2017, 05:49:15 AM »
She is on Amazon US for like 10 bucks. I could order her for you.
oh wow, the differences are crazy O_o
thank you very much for the kind offer! do you possibly know how much it would cost to ship her (deboxed would be ok)? unfortunately that might be the dealbreaker part, as it often is with overseas buying for me...

ChocolatePuff

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1076 on: January 24, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
I just found out about these dolls, and I love them... but I guess I'm a little bit late, I can't find them in the stores. I'm going to Toys R Us this weekend, I hope I can find a Madeline there
(I can't order online at the moment, so I have to find them in a store :(  )

Offline RadiantHero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 30, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
I wish they would make more of the characters... little bo peep in particular and more of the guys. Preferably with real hair. Where's a son of Aladdin? That's not a Disney exclusive. I know a little girl who would love more villains, too. Daughters of the villains in sleeping beauty, Hansel and Gretel, the three bears? What about the red shoes, ten in one blow, elves and the shoemaker?
Faybelle Thorn is the daughter of Sleeping Beauty's evil fairy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal