collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread  (Read 92887 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:24:23 AM »
I know this is talked about on the MHArena, but as many people over here aren't also over there, I thought I'd start a thread about these dolls here. (Mods: if that is not okay, I completely understand)

This stems from a conversation we were having in the Disney Dolls thread:
Rayedelsol - is that the EAH Blondie Lockes doll in your avatar? She looks gorgeous with that dress on :) I saw her at Wal-Mart for the first time last week but didn't have the money XD Another doll I'll be buying on the first ;)

Totally off topic, please forgive me :)

That is the EAH Blondie Lockes doll! She is my absolute favorite doll right now. I am in LOVE with the EAH line (like seriously obsessed more than I've ever been over something).

Thanks for the compliment on her dress! Would you believe it was made of paper? We were doing a photo challenge on the MHArena for making clothing out of unconventional materials, and I chose scrapbook paper.

If you have a chance, I would totally recommend getting her!

Im also going to be a little off topic- I did notice ypur avatar too and wanted to ask if that was the first release Blondie!? <3

This is the first release Blondie, yes. I'll start a thread (or bump one up if there is one) to talk about it more, how does that sound??

I have comparison photos of the first and second edition Blondie Lockes dolls:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

3 Blondie Lockes by reidelsol, on Flickr

The first edition is in the middle with the second editions on the outsides. Although I own 3 Blondie Lockes dolls, they are all the first edition. I'm tempted to get the second edition, but I haven't had $$ to grab the second edition.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
Wow, I would have never guessed it was made of paper! :whoa: It looks awesome, you did a great job :D

I love the line as well!! Right now I only have Apple White, Maddie, and Ashlyn Ella but I want more for sure. Especially Blondie!

What's the difference between the first and second release Blondie? I'm totally missing it lol XD
My Wish List

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
I REALLY want to love these dolls, but... I don't know, maybe I'm still a bit bitter about the changes they made to cupid. I do still quite like them, don't get me wrong, but I have to be exceedingly picky about who comes home with me! I don't have a lot of space in the house. I'm hoping that further down in the line, we get some more face molds. They all feel very similar at the moment, and.. I'm not sure, I feel like something was lost in the translation from art/animation to the doll itself.

I LOVE their clothes though, and sincerely hope Cupid gets some fashion packs so I can steal them for my MH Cupid (I think they will fit? The EAH dolls are a bit wider, aren't they?)

And, as weird as this is, I think their packaging is GORGEOUS.

(rayedelsol, i'm totally living through your pictures until someone tempts me enough to bring home ;) Cedar has come pretty close. If I find her on sale, she might just end up in my shopping cart!)

Offline Mirrordust

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:28:35 PM »
I'm in love with EAH too. I have a Maddie (1st ed), and I'll have to decide between her and my Pullip to take to Anime North. ^^; I know one member of the EAH team so my buying Maddie was my way of supporting their good work! ^^
Mirror image, mirror image, which one of us is the reflection?

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »
I really want to like them too but I really can't stand the super round head/faces. :(

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »
Wow, I would have never guessed it was made of paper! :whoa: It looks awesome, you did a great job :D
Thank you!!

What's the difference between the first and second release Blondie? I'm totally missing it lol XD
The first change I noticed were her bangs. The first release Blondie has triangular bangs (They are rooted from the middle of her head and come forward). The second release Blondie has curly-fronted row bangs (They are rooted along the front line and make a dramatic curl)

The other major difference is the printing her face. I can't describe what is different, but there is something really weird with the second release Blondie's eyes.

Also, I just got the Hat-tastic dolls in. Check out my website (see signature) for full review :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
Ah, I see :) I think I like first edition Blondie's bangs better. Is there any price difference? Would I still be able to get the first edition in stores?
My Wish List

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »
Ah, I see :) I think I like first edition Blondie's bangs better. Is there any price difference? Would I still be able to get the first edition in stores?

They both ring up the exact same (I'm pretty sure they have the same UPC and everything).
Many people are still reporting seeing the first release in stores. (I think the second release is the rare one right now) Check Target; they've been my best bet for finding Blondie and Cerise. Justice may also have them, but my Justice tends not to restock very well, so that may or may not be an option for you.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »
I love the comparison photos! Is the first release Blondie still in stores? I like her a lot :-)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »
I don't have Blondie Locks but I have Apple, Briar and Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Huntsman so far. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »
I love the comparison photos! Is the first release Blondie still in stores? I like her a lot :-)

She is! I think most stores have her. The second release (I'm nicknaming her 2.0) just came our in the states. My Target just got her in 3 weeks ago.

Can I just add some photo spam?? :)

This is the new Hat-tastic Apple White in the Legacy Day Apple White's dress.

Apple White by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 05:55:27 AM »
I Madeline Hatter, Apple White, Cerise Hood, Cupid and Blondie signature dolls.

I got Blondie because she looks like Alice in Wonderland (to me) and I love Cupid, I prefer her EAH version to the MH version to be honest. I think she looks better but that's just me, her accessories are certainly better.

I plan on getting Raven at some point but am more focused on MH at the moment (two new I Love Fashion dolls to get)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:08 AM »
They are certainly very pretty, and I've been considering buying a few of them for my daughter for when she gets older. The only reason I'm hesitant though is because I've been burned by Monster High's terrible doll hair before, so I will ask: is glue seepage an issue this time around? Which dolls have it? How does the hair hold up to repeated brushing - does it get frizzy and splintery fast like kanekalon, or stay soft and silky like saran?

The outfit details are to die for, and I definitely like the slightly shorter, wider bodies compared to MH, but bad hair is a deal breaker for me when it comes to dolls x_x

Offline dori86

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 04:59:04 PM »
I bought Cerise yesterday!!! And I love her face!!! She was quite hard to find in here lately- short story: EAH dolls showed up in store, first thought noooo, they faces are too round, stay with MH ,but then I spotted Cupid and why not, probably she will be HTF later on sooo I grabbed one!!! There was also lots of Cerise on the shelf, but hey Cupid, right??? few weeks later Cupid still on shelves no sign of Cerise  :/  and now ,when I really wanted her.... after few days checking all toy stores around I finally found her and I'm super happy!!! Yay!! And she is the 1st release;) also have   Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Huntsman :D

; D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:53:36 PM by dori86 »

Skitterbug

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »
I reaaaally want cupid's stock at some point... I think it would look really nice on MH Cupid. But what would I do with the doll? Is there a market for nude EAH dolls?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal