collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok Silly question time....  (Read 792 times)

Offline Hope1989

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hope's My Little Pony Collection
Re: Ok Silly question time....
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:33 AM »
Well... It depends ;)

If I bought NIB (any gen) I just put them on the shelf - but first I watch them really close ;)

If they're G4 in MINT condition - I brush their hair and put them with others G4s

If they're G4 which need some TLC or G1-G3 - I'm doing them spa day before they go to the herd ^___^ I wash them with nice smelling soap (or use nail polish remover if needed), then I was their hair, use conditioner, wait few minutes and wash it off, and then I do their hair ^U^

I just had silly situation with Good Morning Sunshine - when she said "can I have a kiss?" I just couldn't resist of giving her a kiss  :blush:

And if it's my grail pony I just can't resist of hugging her/him ^^'
WTB! Sdcc 2013 Exclusives My Little Pony DJ Pon-3
Have 2 Crystal Empire Promo Packs NIP for sale! Interested in? Write me ^^
My collection: old thread 1 , old thread 2 NEW ONE:happy:
FB page
Wishlist

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:28 AM »
I have a very basic practice for mew ponies

get package - smell pony (if pony smells in to garage/put outside till smell goes) - spar for pony (regardless of condition unless MINT or has come from swap as they are already sorted) -  then store/display.

they got no formal introductions here sadly for them it is everyone for them selves but Ilike to think that the other ponies in my collection are friendly enough to cover that side of things haha

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 06:49:41 AM »
I always give them a kiss. And they stay on my desk for a while as I decide where she belongs on my shelves.

hehe… gald I'm not the only one who does this…  :lol:
  YEAP ! I'm with you guys, they stay on the desk beside me ,after a while they go and find their friends , mostly  by color or maybe if they are from the same set release ,or pose ,or  just space to showcase her/him better :)
they hang out with me  until there are new arrivals :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 07:57:29 AM »
My new ponies stay in my craft room for awhile so I can enjoy looking at them when im crafting, then they get cleaned up and put in the pony room.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »
If it's a pony I just picked up brand new from the store, I MUST sniff them as soon as they come out of the plastic, hoping for that heavenly G1 smell (strange note... at least the most current generation or series or whatever of Skylanders figurines smell exactly like fresh-off-the-card G1s <3 ).  After that, probably 98% of my new (or new to me) ponies end up going either in a box or if I have an open shelf just haphazardly crammed in there.  I wait until I've got somewhere around 30 or 40 new ponies and then dedicate a full day to spa day.  This spa day always holds over for a couple days as they all dry off and then when they're good, I carefully comb their hair out, note any flaws they may have for my files and photograph them to add to my personal pony dex of sorts.  Only then are they allowed to join the collection herd :)

EDIT TO ADD: That is all true, except for times when the pony in question is intended to be baited.  Then, they almost always have their heads ripped off immediately so that I don't get them confused with the ponies in my collection, just in case I randomly decide to reorganize my shelves.

G1love

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
My best friend and I FaceTime when I get ponies in the mail, I open them all up and give them a spa day and then kisses, then I put them on my shelves

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »
I think I must be a cruel My Little Pony Mummy :P They get added to the shelves and they need to mix it up themselves...no introductions offered!

Same!  Once they're decontaminated and elegantly coiffed, they're on their own. 

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »
My ponies usually go straight to spa, then they get to hang out on my desk for a while until I'm ready for them to join the herd.. unless it's a big lot, and then they go straight to the collection after spa time... I don't have that much room up here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »
...have them give my husband a little kiss on the cheek, etc. :P
this! I do this!
(hubby hates it though XD )

also, sometimes, when I'd have them go to the spa during the evening, I wait with the spa until after my own bath time and bring them in with me to take a shower - and give them a proper cleaning only after that  :blush: ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal