collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (Resolved, thanks!)  (Read 1671 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
(Resolved, thanks!)
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
I had put up one of my Grandmother's barbies for sale on ebay. I dont mind selling them for a small price as long as they get to a good home.

However, the person who won the bid was really unfriendly and rude. I had asked her to pay for paypal and I would reimburse her wheb we meet but she refused, saying that she would just pay me in cash. I told her that I was not sure how to charge the system then do I just mark as paid? ANd she made many snide remarks.

Paying through paypal ensures a fair exchange rate in contrast to paying in cash as the listing was in USD but she will be paying in SGD.

I dont want to sell her the barbie anymore, as she is not the kind of owner I'd like for them. Since she has not paid, can I cancel the transaction?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:42:11 AM by FluffleNuff »
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Person won the auction but I dont want to sell anymore. Possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:39:27 PM »
Well, you would need to file a NPB claim.  When did the auction end?  She has a certain amount of time to pay before you can open up a case against her.  I am also confused as to the terms of payment.  If she won on eBay she should be able to pay in full through Paypal.  Are you planning to meet her locally instead of shipping the Barbie?  The story details are a bit fuzzy.  Not to say that you are right or wrong, just that I am having a hard time understanding what is going on and am therefore unsure how to help.  I hope you are able to get things sorted quickly, politely, and professionally. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 02:35:15 AM »
I'd also be a bit cautious paying by paypal for a pick-up, but more so if I was the seller, she could take the item and file an item not received, and you'd have no proof of delivery unless you had them sign something. Also I'm super confused as to why you'd re-imberse her - wouldn't she just hand the cash straight back? Not to mention - no paypal, no paypal fees.

If you pull up a currency converter, give her a SGD quote, maybe even include a screenshot, and then that's the price agreed upon. Then once the transaction is done, you just click the drop down arrow to the right of the item in 'sold', mark as sent, she marks as paid, and you both leave feedback, it's really easy.

Back to your question though, yes, you can cancel if it's mutual, or you'd have to go through the dispute centre. But I'd be super annoyed if someone filed a UPI on me when I was happy to finish the transaction, and it was no fault of my own that I couldn't pay. I'd request a cancellation.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
Was this transaction through ebay?

I would not file a NPB as your buyer will be able to front up email communication to ebay to show it was cash on arrival transaction and that they were happy to pay. You would be better coming up with a mutual agreement to cancel the transaction - I would suggest you see if your buyer will go that route with you.

While I can understand you wishing to back out of a sale, unfortunately your buyer would be able to leave negative feedback and they would be well within their right to do so. It really is unfair on your buyer to back out of the sale.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
I wouldn't meet her (or anyone, actually) in person. I think it's safer to mail things, even if she lives in your town. However, I think you have to sell it to her since she won and it's a binding contract. For you to back out is unfair, and it can get you put on a bad sellers list. Also, she can leave you negative feedback if you cancel the sale. Rightly so, IMO. Why don't you insist on mailing her the doll after she pays via PayPal, and then block her?

If you must meet her in person to complete the sale, do so in a public place. Maybe you can meet at a mall or in a busy store. I guess I watch "Unsolved Mysteries" too much because I do not trust strangers...especially not rude ones.

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »
If you must meet her in person to complete the sale, do so in a public place. Maybe you can meet at a mall or in a busy store. I guess I watch "Unsolved Mysteries" too much because I do not trust strangers...especially not rude ones.

Honestly, I'd meet in a public place no matter what. A person could be super nice online and be a scam artist in real life. Also, do bring a friend. Anyone who's not willing to meet with you at say, a popular fast food place at lunch hour is NOT someone you want to do business with.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 10:46:44 PM »
Was this transaction through ebay?

I would not file a NPB as your buyer will be able to front up email communication to ebay to show it was cash on arrival transaction and that they were happy to pay. You would be better coming up with a mutual agreement to cancel the transaction - I would suggest you see if your buyer will go that route with you.

While I can understand you wishing to back out of a sale, unfortunately your buyer would be able to leave negative feedback and they would be well within their right to do so. It really is unfair on your buyer to back out of the sale.

I agree with Cat.  And when I suggested opening up a NPB case, I meant only if she doesn't pay within the allotted time frame.  So far it sounds like her only crime has been rudeness, which stinks, but it is what it is. 

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
To me, it sounds like a potential scam, because A) this person may be trying to 'game the system' by cheating you out of the proper conversion rate, and therefore pay less than she is supposed to, B) this person might try to 'talk you down' in person and say "oh, this flaw wasn't in the auction, let's take X dollars off" and bully you into accepting less money, or C) they might pay, then go home and file an 'item not received' report with eBay. Ultimately, the whole thing sounds shady and untrustworthy, and their reaction (being rude and demanding that you do what they want) cements it for me. If you want someone to do something for you, you usually try to be polite and work out a compromise - not be rude and bullying.

For those reasons, I would state that she should pay via Paypal, with the proper conversion rate, and if she refuses to, then refuse to sell to her. Paypal is your protection as much as it is hers, and if she claims you never sent her the item, you will have zero proof with Paypal if you accept her cash, and she may be able to neg you. 

For those reasons, I think you have valid concerns, less so the 'she is rude so I don't want to sell to her' angle. It's not pleasant to deal with rude people, but you can't cancel sales for rudeness.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »
When I'm selling with pick-up, I won't accept paypal - as the buyer can then say item not received, and you have no proof of shipping, because you handed it to them! You're definitely better off with cash when doing pick-up sales, as there's zero seller protection there anyway! (and you save on paypal fees, but that's not the point)

edit: They also can't file 'item not received' when they pay cash because they have no record of payment.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:26:25 AM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »
When I'm selling with pick-up, I won't accept paypal - as the buyer can then say item not received, and you have no proof of shipping, because you handed it to them! You're definitely better off with cash when doing pick-up sales, as there's zero seller protection there anyway! (and you save on paypal fees, but that's not the point)

edit: They also can't file 'item not received' when they pay cash because they have no record of payment.

Ohh, I hadn't thought of that! There isn't any way to file an 'item not received' claim with eBay outside of Paypal? I haven't done a lot of cash pickups, I just imagine it would be problematic. D:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 06:41:46 AM »
Problem has been solved! She paid through cash and I met her in person, I got a proper conversion that she agreed to and it went pretty smoothly. The thing that pushed me the most was pics of her Barbie collection that she sent :P That helped to ease my worries. :)
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal