collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You guys won't believe what my boyfriend bought me...  (Read 2250 times)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: You guys won't believe what my boyfriend bought me...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 06:20:13 AM »
Rest assured that if I ever put her up for sale, the problems and modifications with her will be clearly noted.   :/

But! I don't think I will be letting her go for some time :3

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
Congrats! That is so sweet, and now you have the most beautiful pony ever! ;) Good luck fixing her up, either way she is gorgeous!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Ooohhhhh, how funny it is that you got that pony!

Honestly, I would stay away from using toothpaste in the hair. When I was first collecting I had a very nice Bunny Hop with white hair. Since I was a new collector, I had no idea that her hair was supposed to be pink. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed that white tail to try to get out that last bit of pink in the end, which I was so sure was rust stains. It turns out that I ruined the tail. :sad:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
EDIT: read the old threads. OMG, what crazy luck! :O l think its awesome you have her and she can be restored! Poor girl looks like she has been through heck and back, glad she is in great care! ^อบ^ Congrats, I really like Night Glider! Clay is an easy fix for her ear! Stupid evil ebay sellers.... and poor Night Glider! Shes in good hands now though!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:23:11 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 03:45:57 AM »
oh wow thats definitely funny you ended up with *that* particular Nightglider! :lol:    lovely gift, great price, shame the seller didnt get a neg though :awake:   I'm glad you're still happy and you can give the poor girl a make-over :hug: 
TBH that sort of cancer - the brown dark spots - wont usually come off with sunfading. I have managed to do it with some yellow and white ponies but usually you cant get rid of it...plus blue is a toughie colour  and TAF ponies are harder to sunfade for the long times - you have to cover all the paintwork to stop it fading. the dark brown spots .... they are usually permanent. If they have a tiny dark dot in the middle, those kinds can usually be faded to some extent by a Vanish Oxy action bath / oxyclean bath (then a sunfade)  - and the mold can be stopped from spreading that way too (the bath, not the sun) . For example I bought a couple of ponies some years back with the same issue, gave them an oxy bath and the spots didnt get worse, they didnt change or spread either.
Tail rust can easily be removed with toothpaste -  you do have to be careful how harshly you scrub at it so that you dont make the hair frizzy. Normally its very safe to remove rust with toothpaste  though . I've done it a ton of times and you'd never tell  on the ponies ;)   if the pony has rust coming out through her mane as well as the tail , then the rust has spread from the tail washer throughout the pony's body inside. Dont worry - its easy to clean out - but you will need to take the pony's head off and clean it all, not just the hair from the outside or it will get worse/keep coming back
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 04:20:57 AM »
Unfortunately the brown marks are plastic break down issues [think of them along the same lines as the pink regrind spots we see on Party Time, Pinwheel, etc]. There is no way to completely and effectively remove them in such a way that they will not simply come back. Nightglider is very prone to these; I have had a couple with what looked like white chicken pox over the years.

It was a lovely thing of your partner to buy and with some general clean up she will look lovely on display I am sure. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »
glad she got a good home :) I love the idea of making her more TAF to cover the spots :cool:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
She's such a lovely pony. You've had some wonderful suggestions for cleaning her up. If that chew isn't through the front of her ear I'd leave it. You can easily style her hair to cover it up. :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
Her neck is sealed so I'm a little weary on opening her! But once I get my exacto back from my grandmother, I'll do it. I'm keeping her for quite a long time so I don't mind to. Thanks for all of the advice everyone! Cleaning up her tail, filing down the bite mark and MAYBE sculpting over it (or find something cool to do, like a star earring), and giving her more TAFness is sure exciting!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 07:39:39 AM »
Have you tried opening up her head without the knife? Its always safer for the plastic and going to cause you less damage to the plastic as well as the plug, if you try a hair dryer/boiling water soak or even acetone on floss in order and then some brute strength to get the head popped off. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal