collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Dolls Thread #2  (Read 83992 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Dolls Thread #2
« Reply #1395 on: November 30, 2016, 09:32:14 PM »
I was surprised with Moana today for very early Christmas. Is she supposed to have these huuuge bags under her eyes or is she misprinted? I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know if its part of the character/movie or anything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Congrats on getting her.  :)  Which version is she?

She looks pretty close to the movie version from that angle, in any event.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #1396 on: December 03, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »
Thanks, I'm really happy with her :) She's the Classic Disney Store version. I was a little meh on getting her and almost passed her up but I didn't want to regret missing the nicer first release. I'm so glad I caved! I don't know what the other Moana dolls are like but this one is so high quality. I love everything about her. The stock photos do her no justice at all.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 16, 2016, 02:57:56 AM »
Yours looks perfect :heart: her eyes aren't misprinted :)  that's a very cute pic BTW ! I agree she is much nicer IRL. Hubby bought me the classic and  singing versions from Disney Store too and I think she is adorable  :lovey:
here's my loose classic one (don't think you can see her eyes close up enough, but she has the same eyes as yours does, so does the singing one)  - I added the flower

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 16, 2016, 03:31:01 AM »
I haven't seen Moana but I want that classic doll so badly. I might order her today. I'm so tempted.

I have a question for you Disney collectors though. Does anyone have animator Boo from monsters ink? I've seen her stock photo but I'd like to see more photos of her. Pics with her next to a standard size doll like a barbie would work. I'm really really wanting her but I'm on the fence. How are the quality of the animator dolls? Are they super heavy/clunky? She's the only one besides Aurora that really stood out to me. I'm not a fan of babydoll types of dolls but I just really really have my eye on Boo.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #1399 on: December 16, 2016, 04:40:07 AM »
Thank you Ringlets! I thought it looked intentional but its always best to double check. I love the flower you added to your Moana.

karrie91, Moana is gorgeous! I totally recommend her :D First release is always higher quality and Moana really surprised me with how nice she is.

I don't have Animators Boo but I was able to find a couple comparisons. This is a great one with tons and tons of different types and this one, an Animators doll with a Little sized Lalaloopsy. Animators dolls are pretty big!

My outfit by Suriya S., on Flickr

I have two Small World Animators dolls and I adore them. The quality is overall good but I was disappointed with a few things on my girls' outfits based on the stock photos. I don't think they're particularly heavy but if you're used to only/mostly small dolls the size can be a bit of a shock and they might be heavier to you. My only real complaint is that I find them awkward to store/display because of their size. (Which is an issue with all big dolls/ponies in my setup.)

Overall I'd definitely recommend them, even more than the Classic dolls. I've personally had and heard of so many issues with Classics over the years but I haven't heard similar about the Animators. They have a devoted fanbase so if you want more clothes, owner photos, etc they're not too hard to find.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 16, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »
Ugh I want her so much more now. I'm so tempted to just get her. I'm still on the fence though because she's more like a baby doll then a fashion doll and I don't collect these. But I absolutely love her. They seem to be made really well. Most of the Disney dolls are.

Speaking of Disney dolls.. Hasbro is making the Princesses now? I don't know how I fell about them. Their faces aren't really doing it for me. I like the change but they all look so bland. I saw them at Walmart this morning and I really really did not care for the oversized heads.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 16, 2016, 09:46:22 PM »
^^^ that Moana doll looks so good! I can't believe that she is just the classic Disney store release, I almost mistook her for a LE doll because of the clothes. I saw a Moana doll at Target yesterday, and there were no layers on her skirt or anything, it was just printed. I thought it looked awful even then, and now that I am seeing the classic Disney store one, the target one looks even worse!

It's probably cheaper then the DS one, but come on!

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:09 PM »
^^^ that Moana doll looks so good! I can't believe that she is just the classic Disney store release, I almost mistook her for a LE doll because of the clothes. I saw a Moana doll at Target yesterday, and there were no layers on her skirt or anything, it was just printed. I thought it looked awful even then, and now that I am seeing the classic Disney store one, the target one looks even worse!

I saw some at walmart that looked just all wrong. Cheaply made, really thin. Moana is very curvy and I'm really disappointed in the regular toy lines. Disney however has done a REALLY good job. I haven't seen the movie and I still want the doll.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 17, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »

The Hasbro one isn't bad for a $10 doll. I guess you really do get what you pay for. It's a nice option for families who can't afford the twice as expensive DS one (that's not even considering they might not have a DS nearby and might have to order online as pay for shipping).

Personally I really like the little figures better than the dolls.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #1404 on: December 17, 2016, 04:58:45 AM »
Ugh I want her so much more now. I'm so tempted to just get her. I'm still on the fence though because she's more like a baby doll then a fashion doll and I don't collect these. But I absolutely love her. They seem to be made really well. Most of the Disney dolls are.

Speaking of Disney dolls.. Hasbro is making the Princesses now? I don't know how I fell about them. Their faces aren't really doing it for me. I like the change but they all look so bland. I saw them at Walmart this morning and I really really did not care for the oversized heads.

I felt similarly but I'm super happy with my Animators girls! They're the only kid/baby dolls I have (aside from antiques). They're so unique its easier to think of them more like "Disney dolls/merch" instead of "baby dolls". I don't think I'll ever get super into them but I'd love to add a few more to my collection.
But now I mostly collect AG so take this with a grain of salt xD

Unfortunately yes ): They were horrible under Mattel (the generic Frozen dolls are terrifying) but Hasbro is so awful at dolls. It just sucks. I wish they had half decent alternatives to the DS versions, but that would cost them sales so they won't do it.

The DS Classic one is only so nice because its her first release. The next Moana Classic is gonna be muuuch lower quality. That's always how Classic dolls work, unfortunately. They get cheaper and crappier the more releases they have. I have all the Merida Classics except 2016 and the difference between her releases is ridiculous, and her first release wasn't even as nice as Moana's. I decided to stop collecting the Merida Classics because of the constantly plummeting quality. They're just not worth it anymore.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 17, 2016, 05:21:41 AM »
 I don't collect toddler dolls  but I love the animator collection from DS so I have the large version and the mini versions of my fave characters in those  :)  :awake: 
I only got a few Hasbro dolls TBH (the ones you can buy in supermarkets like Walmart  or in places like TRU etc) for my Frozen and Tangled collections but I passed  up on all the others. While some are ok like Pocahontas, Belle and Cinderella , I'm really not impressed with Hasbro's cheap quality, giant heads and odd looking faces, and odd body proportions  :(   Plus Elsa looks like Anna's mom in their classic version cos they made Anna look so young and Elsa so old!  :blink:  Merida... oh dear *shudder* and what happened to poor Snow and Ariels faces?  ( I  love the "little Kingdom" ones though. Those are all cute :heart:
 I do  get every new release of those characters I collect from Disney Store (plus any new characters - Moana , who is fantastic, and Elena - the  Elena of Avalor DS classic doll is gorgeous too)  as the quality is always lovely and they are articulated.
 Plus well... I don't know the price difference of the Hasbro version compared to the Disney Store version in the US, but here in the UK the Hasbro ones cost as *much* as the DS ones, and the singing Hasbro ones cost *more* than the singing DS ones  -but without the quality!!   :faint:

I agree about the Merida DS classic doll-  I liked the first few although it would have been better if she had been curvier, but this year the quality went waaay downhill on her. I have them all up until this years too, then it was a pass. :yikes:  The first release is always the best in most cases, but Rapunzel for example has a much prettier doll release this year and last than the original one. The dress and hair aren't as good as the original but the doll herself is better IMO , and the dress is pretty close :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 17, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »
There were some mattel Disney dolls that I didn't mind. Some of them were pretty terrible though.  -_-

I love the disney store. I always kick myself because I'm always wanting dolls from there but never get around to ordering them. I don't have one I can go to in person so I'd have to order offline. By time I go to order, what I want is usually sold out. I love villians and I wanted the villian classic dolls but they sold out before I could. I'm hoping they release another line of them soon.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 18, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

I felt similarly but I'm super happy with my Animators girls! They're the only kid/baby dolls I have (aside from antiques). They're so unique its easier to think of them more like "Disney dolls/merch" instead of "baby dolls". I don't think I'll ever get super into them but I'd love to add a few more to my collection.
But now I mostly collect AG so take this with a grain of salt xD

Unfortunately yes ): They were horrible under Mattel (the generic Frozen dolls are terrifying) but Hasbro is so awful at dolls. It just sucks. I wish they had half decent alternatives to the DS versions, but that would cost them sales so they won't do it.

Tbh you can't really judge Hasbro's doll making ability by Equestria Girls because those varied a lot. Some were cheap and awful but there were a few deluxe lines that were great. Anyways the Descendants dolls are great quality and the the only thing I don't like about their Disney Princess dolls is those bodies and by extension the head:body ratio. Their dresses are really cute (Hasbro is really good at clothes when they do do full fabric outfits) and the heads actually look good rebodied onto other doll bodies. Even Moana's skirt looks good for a single layer skirt since adding an actual "grass" skirt layer would have probably pushed the doll up into the $20 range.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 17, 2017, 08:52:18 PM »
Anyone else stay up until 3:30am to get the new LE live action Belle doll? I wasn't sure how popular she would be, and I didn't know if I could make to to the mall and to work on time, but it looks like she still has some left and the adrenaline rush of hurrying to buy her was unneeded. Now I have to anxiously wait for her to safely arrive through the mail, so I think in the future I will risk going to the store. Anyone have pictures to share if they got her today in store?
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 17, 2017, 06:05:45 AM »
Here's my Disney doll list:

Disney Store Snow White

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs

Disney Store Evil Queen

Disney Store Cinderella (articulated version for when she slaves away and in her iconic dress)

Disney Store Prince Phillip (need to get the updated version because the eyes on the one I've got are scary)

Disney Store Ariel (head on a Barbie articulated body with the feet that can wears heels or flats)

Disney Store Belle, Gaston (both came in the deluxe doll Beauty and the Beast set)

Disney Store Beast (the one that transforms into the prince, I kept the Beasts clothes from the deluxe doll set and sold that Beast with only his blue coat on)

Disney Store Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar, and Genie (Aladdin deluxe doll set, Jasmine is on articulated Nikki doll that can wear flats)

Disney Store Mulan

Disney Store Shang (with real hair)

Disney Store Rapunzel, Flynn, Mothe Gothel, and Rapunzel with brown hair.

Disney Store Coranation Anna

Disney Store Elsa and her singing version

All of the ones I mention have filled up two storage boxes (not the ones you can see through)

Gotta to get the rest and I think they'll fill up another two boxes.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal