collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay toystorycollector1987 AVOID! Scammer, more IDs *UPDATE AGAIN 11/4*  (Read 6701 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay toystorycollector1987 AVOID! greedy seller *UPDATE*
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Nope, it's the "free" rock trolls she is including whether you want them or not.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 08:52:20 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Ringlets :( Not right of her to do!! And I do wonder why she even mentioned Anna in her Elsa auction if she didn't plan on selling her. Sounds like she's expecting her, but has and had no intention of ever sending them to you! How awful for her to hold your money hostage like that and then just decide not to sell them :mad:

The email I got from UPS said the dolls weight about 4 pounds each so not this 8 or 10 pounds she's talking about XD I sold an Elsa doll (to pay for my other dolls :blush: ) and because it was in an over sized box it cost me $36. I was too afraid she'd get smashed so I bought an extra huge box to put her in :lookround: But she would have been about $15 to ship if not (plus $6.75 insurance) And I only charged the buyer $14.50 for shipping :lmao: I was WAY off :P

Er, anyway, I was hoping this would all work out when I first read this, but it looks like she won't be sending them to you even if Anna does come in :(

Nope, it's the "free" rock trolls she is including whether you want them or not.

:lol: :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »
There is (and I am not making this up) someone selling a sealed Matchbox car from the 1990s, for like , $14.99. Reasonable yes?

Shipping?

$755.

I'm almost positive the seller put $7.55 and borked on decimal placement. No one is THAT insane are they?

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 04:16:46 PM »
:lmao: what is it with people and crazy postage

Yeah maybe it is free ice bricks :P

Well i suppose the only gd thing is at least you got your money back but grrrr at her. She doesn't live that far from me by what it says on ebay..... Shame i dont no her address.... :P Lol

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Lollypop- Pony Ninja- :ninja:
:socks:   :frog:

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »

Yeah maybe it is free ice bricks :P

Well i suppose the only gd thing is at least you got your money back but grrrr at her. She doesn't live that far from me by what it says on ebay..... Shame i dont no her address.... :P Lol

Oh, it's not just crazy postage. I've seen a seller selling fairly common, easy to find items that others have for $1.50-3.00 for $100.

And they sold! Multiple units! And got positive feedback!

Are there refunds? Drugs? What am I missing here, and how can I get in on this racket? Because if I could get people to pay $150 for a regular, rainbow power Pinkie Pie, I'm SO there.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 06:21:11 AM »
I have to say regarding the postage £85 is way too much, even with tracking.  Last week I sent out a box to USA from UK weighing 2.5 kgs.  Without tracking it costed me £38. With tracking would have been £68.  Now I am guessing that these dolls are kind the same weight as a barbie or MH doll or something like that? 2 of them in box with tracking would definitely not come to £68, much less the £85 this person has claimed.

Ebay really should do more to stop greedy sellers like this...

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
shenanigans  you are right - the doll weighs about half what this seller claims them to weigh. 2.5 KG at most with extra packaging and a ton of tape as well as original cardbaord box.  I know cos  I recently sold my extra LE Rapunzel wedding doll (to partly cover the cost of this set of dolls :rolleyes: )

Of course! why didnt I think of that?   :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Oh, it's not just crazy postage. I've seen a seller selling fairly common, easy to find items that others have for $1.50-3.00 for $100.

And they sold! Multiple units! And got positive feedback!

Are there refunds? Drugs? What am I missing here, and how can I get in on this racket? Because if I could get people to pay $150 for a regular, rainbow power Pinkie Pie, I'm SO there.

:rofl:  I must be missing something too! hey if you find out the secret to that, tell me please! I have some common pony extras i could do with selling with £100 postage (provided of course that you also uncover the sekrit to getting positive feedback and top star ratings included  as well )  to cover the cost of buying another set of these blinking LE dolls! :faint:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 07:28:56 AM »
Now I am guessing that these dolls are kind the same weight as a barbie or MH doll or something like that?

They're much heavier than that. I sent out the pair in a sturdy box with plenty of bubble wrap and the box weighed 10 lbs even.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 07:35:52 AM »
*nods* yes they are much bigger and heavier than the standard barbie or MH type dolls. But this seller is only selling one of them in that particular auction , and she is saying one doll on its own weighs 4KG.  and she is charging more shipping on that one doll than she was charging me for two dolls!
 I believe they weigh approx 2.5 KG each  all packed up. (Sorries Hannaliten I dont know what that would be in lbs :blush: )

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 07:38:16 AM »
*nods* yes they are much bigger and heavier than the standard barbie or MH type dolls. But this seller is only selling one of them in that particular auction , and she is saying one doll on its own weighs 4KG.  and she is charging more shipping on that one doll than she was charging me for two dolls!
 I believe they weigh approx 2.5 KG each  all packed up. (Sorries Hannaliten I dont know what that would be in lbs :blush: )

10 lbs is 4.5 kg, so 2.5 kg for one sounds about right.

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 07:39:36 AM »
Lol well... I was just weighing up some hair & makeup products the other night to send to Australia that came to 2.5kg but i could go for 3kg and that would cost me £30.79!!!!!! So she is going loopy with that postage lol. If i can send it cheaper to Australia than she can send to us here in the uk lol.
Btw she never replied either :P

Lollipop

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
I'm sooo not surprised :rolleyes:
Unfortunately she still resold my doll  to someone else for £320 + £35 shipping *sigh* and still no further news from ebay :( 

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »
Aww :( annoying that ebay didn't get bk to you :hug:

Lollipop

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 04:00:37 AM »
yep, very annoying , but still not surprising.  ^^   Thank you Lollipop and everyone else who replied in my thread for all of your support and advice  (and the LOLs too )  :hug:  :lovey:  :hug:

Anyways lets finish this thread off on a positive note  :good: .  After checking a certain tracking number, I am waiting on a letter or card from PO today or tomorrow. I just have a pay some customs fees.... and then maybe I'll "let it go"  ;)   . Afterall that seller did wish me luck in finding another set of those dolls for a good price.....  (hehehe even if she was being sarcastic at the time :lol::bateyes:
 So the greedy seller thinks she got away with her nasty trick for now but everyone knows that it will come back and bite her on the butt one day. soon hopefully. It always does :nod:
and I will get my dolls anyway, whatever happens to her.  The whole thing was upsetting for sure but now i know what she is like  I'm glad my money went to someone more deserving.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal