collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling on eBay~ What Do I Need To Know?  (Read 640 times)

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Selling on eBay~ What Do I Need To Know?
« on: April 08, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
I haven't sold any items on eBay in years. I haven't really needed to since I discovered the Arena. (My ever grateful devotion and thanks!  :thumb: ) But I have some Breyer models I want to sell and no real outlet for them, so I think I'm going to bite the bullet and put them on Evil Bay! I know the basic fundamentals from years ago; take good pictures, have a good description, blah, blah, blah.  What else do I need to know? I do have some questions, but maybe you can tell me a few things I haven't thought of.

First off, can I use my Photobucket account for the pictures? How does that work?

I use Paypal all the time, so I'm familiar with it, but is it true that eBay holds your Paypal funds hostage until you receive feedback from the buyer? Can someone fill me in on this?

Any help, tips, advice, words of caution, ect. would be much appreciated! :) 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

ramblequeen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Selling on eBay~ What Do I Need To Know?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
I upload my eBay photos directly from my phone or computer, no photobucket needed :)

They do not hold your funds hostage at all. There are some phone selling apps I've seen that do practices like that (Poshmark, Vinted) but eBay doesn't do that <3

UnicornCandy

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »
You'll have to save you're pictures to your computer and upload from them there.

I've sold many things, and paypal has never held my money from me! :D

They have introduced new taxing and fees on ebay though. Check it out before listing items. Paypal have also charges! :) x

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
Clones I have lots of advice but I will send it in a PM  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »
they do hold funds for 21 days if you are a new seller, they don't release the money even if the buyer has left feedback they only do so when the 21 days is up.

Things do sell very well on ebay thou :)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »
they do hold funds for 21 days if you are a new seller, they don't release the money even if the buyer has left feedback they only do so when the 21 days is up.

But she says she has not sold in years but she has sold on eBay in the past, so I think she will be OK. I had sold before on eBay but hadn't sold in years and then I started selling on eBay again about a year ago and I had no problems with them holding funds, so I think you will be OK.

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »

But she says she has not sold in years but she has sold on eBay in the past, so I think she will be OK. I had sold before on eBay but hadn't sold in years and then I started selling on eBay again about a year ago and I had no problems with them holding funds, so I think you will be OK.

Okay! That's good to know. I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined the whole thing about fund holding. I wouldn't be in a rush for the money anyway, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into first. ;)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
Yeah it just bites some times cause they even hold postage money for new sellers so you need to use your own money.
I think as long as you have had over 25 domestic transactions, been a seller for more than 3 months (which you clearly have) and have 100% feedback your all good : )

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »
You may not need to use photobucket since US ebay now offers 12 images (the max possible) be uploaded for free  :) I remember when I started you were only allowed to upload a couple of images for free and I would have to upload the rest to photobucket, get the html code, put it in the listing and then resize it to fit... It was quite an ordeal! I find that the 12 free images is more than enough for most listings.

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 05:14:03 AM »
You may not need to use photobucket since US ebay now offers 12 images (the max possible) be uploaded for free  :) I remember when I started you were only allowed to upload a couple of images for free and I would have to upload the rest to photobucket, get the html code, put it in the listing and then resize it to fit... It was quite an ordeal! I find that the 12 free images is more than enough for most listings.

Aha! That's what I talking about! Well that's great. I was thinking it was going to be a lot of work to get around all of the extra photo fees. Thanks! :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:34 AM »
I think you've had some great advcie here already my friend and I'm sure Ponylady will fill you in on anything else you need to know :hug:
yep you can upload the 12 pics for free right from your computer so its much easier now. I dont think they will hold your funds if you've been on there a long time and sold quite a bit in the past - I took a break myself and then recently started selling again and no funds were held for me :)
Always decribe everything as if you were describing it to someone who knows nothing- every little mark, any fault in the least... and dont use collector terms for faults since not everyone will understand (for instance.. i know you're selling Breyers but an incident happened not too long ago where someone was selling ponies and mentioned pony cancer - and a potential buyer threw a fit about it and got offended because a family member had cancer and she thought it was really inappropriate :yikes:  )
hmmm.. what else?... Breyers need very careful packaging - make sure they are reeeeaaally really well packed as they break easily and you dont want potenital buyers on to you about breakages that happened during shipping if the postie decides to throw a heavy object on top! This will of course effect the cost of shipping - but you can mention in your listing that the item will be really securely packed in a box etc to avoid damage in post  (if you want to see how I do it you can have a lookie at my current listings. Ponylady probably told you all of this already though :P )
oh and do mention in your listings that the item comes from a smoke free home - but you'll also need to mention that you have pets since some people have severe allergies  (also see my listings if you wanna see how I do it   - I'm steve_toys_games on ebay BTW incase you didnt know . Named by my hubby of course :rolleyes: )
Hmmm I think thats it for now? except for wishing you all the best with your sales of course :lovey:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »
I sold a few art supplies and some used textbooks back six years ago when I got out of college, and then just recently I sold a toy on ebay and they did hold my funds. So just a heads up, even if you're a long-time member with 100% positive feedback, if you haven't sold in a few years they still might hold your funds for 21 days. :)

@ ponylady - I don't mean to impose but do you think you could pm me your list of advice as well? My step-mom wants to start selling doll clothes she makes on ebay and she is asking me for advice since I've sold before and she hasn't. I'd love to review your list before I talk to her. :) *hugs*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal