collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay toystorycollector1987 AVOID! Scammer, more IDs *UPDATE AGAIN 11/4*  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
So I have a new update and warning for anyone thinking of risking dealing with this person.
I have had information come to light that this person is a known doll scalper and scammer who plagues Disney boards requesting to buy cheap then sells the dolls for crazy monies.  They also agree to many sales and then not go through with them  for various reasons (as in my own case :(  )   The other IDs this person goes by is Graemecookie  and Candymcook
Please AVOID dealing with this person.

New Update
Sooo after refusing to send my dolls, and  her rude message claiming  she hadnt got Anna and didnt intend to sell her on ebay then her final parting comment " Good luck getting them at that price again" - which if you read the message quoted a bit further on in this thread - is sarcastic and nasty, i reported her to ebay and still hadnt heard anything from ebay but I;ve kept an eye on her listings.
Guess what? just checked toystorycollector1987 s  current listing and now she has BOTH elsa and Anna up for sale  seperately at ridiculous prices!! :mad:

I have contacted ebay again. I know I found another set of these dolls now (and certainly a lot cheaper than those prices! :faint: ) but this seller should not be getting away with this  :(

ELsa

Look up on ebayUK : Brand New March 2014 Disney Frozen Elsa Limited Edition Doll 5-000 SoldOut"   

and  Anna

look up on ebay UK   : March 2014 Brand New Disney Frozen Anna Limited Edition Doll Sold Out 5-000

(link again to original auction I won
Link to Auction I won

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limited-Edition-Disney-Store-Anna-And-Elsa-Frozen-Dolls-5000-Worldwide-/390774818198?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=g%252BSlKpDJ9NZpbU2d%252BENfVVH94Xs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_215wt_1190

)

UPDATE:

Guess what? I was spot on with my prediction. This morning, one morning after she refunded me and closed the case, She has my dolls relisted on ebay seperately - with pics of actual doll (elsa) and says she has Anna for sale too , listing soon - to try and get more money after she realised that the values had gone up since I won her presale auction last month -  and so she no longer wanted to sell to me  :mad:
I have called ebay and reported her , they are going to check our correspondance, and I have also left her a negative feedback

Link to Auction I won

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limited-Edition-Disney-Store-Anna-And-Elsa-Frozen-Dolls-5000-Worldwide-/390774818198?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=g%252BSlKpDJ9NZpbU2d%252BENfVVH94Xs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_215wt_1190

lMy elsa doll is now relisted for sale , with mention of Anna doll for sale to :(

Orignal post:

ok..I'm normally here giving advice lol, but I think I need some help from you guys today. I dont think there's anything i can do.... but I'll tell you my story. You may also want to be wary of buying from this person :(

I won a pre-sale auction from UK seller toystorycollector1987 on 21st February for Disney Frozen limited edition Anna and ELsa dolls . They were due to be released  from disney Store on March 18th.  They were sold as a pre-order in US on January 10th, this seller got her order confirmed and then listed a pre-sale auction on ebay UK, which I won  (on feb 21st as mentioned) - both dolls together for £310. She said she would ship once she got them from US, so after March 18th. Good communication, no issues so far at this point.
but it didnt stay that way.  Yesterday ebay advised me over the phone to open a case since my seller stopped communicating with me on March 19th, no dolls, no nothing, and my time frame of 30 days getting close. So I opened the case.

Here is parts of a message I sent to ebay explaining what happened after I found that my case closed right away with a full refund.. parts are added to show you guys what happened too (its not as straight forward as a item not recieved case BTW so bear with me. I didnt send ebay any smilies in my message, I'm adding them so that you dont see a wall-o-text!! :P

hello, I just noticed my case closed without contact from the seller. She gave me a full refund. I did not ask for a full refund when I opened the case. I asked for tracking information on my missing doll and to still recieve the one doll she already has at her home - and that I still wanted both my dolls. Seller had already told me she had one of the dolls I bought and she had tracking on the other one. I told her in the case and through messages previously that even if she had not got the second doll, I still wanted the Elsa doll with a partial refund for the missing doll "
( Just to add that on ebay UK, asking for a partial *is* still one of the solutions that can be chosen as your preferred solution to a case  ;)    )

" Here is my concern. Disney Store sold these dolls Limited Edition as pre-order in January in USA, and then were supposed to sell them online here in the UK on 18th March. My seller had confirmation of receiving her order for both dolls (Anna and Elsa) from USA, and listed a pre-order auction in February (she listed in the auction that her order is confirmed so she would get the dolls) , which ended on 21st and I won the dolls for £310 with £40 shipping. I asked her on 17th March when i could expect the dolls and she told me that my Elsa doll had already arrived to her from US, she was just waiting on Anna. She had previosuly offered to also sell me a second set of these dolls as well for the same price I won the auction for. I refused at the time, but I asked about them later when I discovered what had happened in regards to disney store UK.
On 18th March Disney Store UK made a huge mess up and no-one in the UK got chance to buy any dolls from them. This made the value and demand in the UK increase rapidly :( . After this date the seller contacted me for the last time (march 19th) and wanted to give me full refund as she claimed one doll was missing (although she had order confirmation and tracking from Disney store US) She had already told me she had my other doll in hand on 17th March. I said no , I would wait, and even if the Anna doll never turned up I still wanted the Elsa doll, but I asked her to check her tracking on the anna doll again and to contact Disney Store US to find out when to expect delivery. seller stopped responding to me  :cry: .
I sent her further messages but no response. I opened a case this morning saying that I didnt want a refund, I wanted either the one doll she definitely has (Elsa), or I still wanted both dolls if possible and to let me know whats happening with the tracking on the other doll. Seller still did not respond and just issued a full refund to close the case without contacting me or getting ebay further invloved"  :yikes:
 It is my belief and concern that the seller wanted to back out of this sale from 18th March when she admitted to me she knew what had happened with the Disney Store UK and that no-one in the UK got a chance to order them. I believe that she stopped contact and issued a full refund right away as she wants to resell these dolls(and the second set which she also offered to me originally via messages) to someone else on ebay, either through her current ID or another account she might have, for a lot more money now that she knows the value has gone up dramatically since I won the auction  :|  . I am very upset about this situation, and as the seller has issued a full refund she is hoping ebay will not see her messages or take any action    >_<
 Could you tell me if there is anything I can do about this? :what:  I cannot force her to send my doll that she definitely has, but surely its breaking rules if she cancelled my sale only to resell my items for more money later? She also offered to sell me a second set of these dolls(not listed on ebay) for the same amount as the set I won ( its definitely against ebay rules to sell without listing) , and communication was great up until the point where she found out what had happened in the UK Disney Store and that the dolls that she sold me had at least doubled in value   (- if you check the listings for these dolls now you'll see what I mean!The (elsa from frozen limited edition) doll I won and that she admitted she had in her possession is selling on ebay for as much or more money than I paid for both dolls together in the auction I won in February!  :whoa:   :faint:  )

Can Ebay  check our correspondance and is there anything that can be done about this seller's behaviour?  :what:  I did send a message (parts of which are included here) to ebay this morning about the situation, but they just send me an automated email telling me to open a case for money back - when the case in question had already closed :facepalm:  I was hoping someone from ebay would investigate!  is there anything else I can do other than accept she refuses to send my dolls? sorry if this message gets a little confusing, I'm just feeling very upset and disappointed right now :sad: .
I'm tempted to leave bad feedback too.
 I've tried ebay support but getting no joy contacting them ATM by phone or email :stressed:

I would be very grateful if you all could give me some advice on this situation please   :bateyes: Its easy to remember the rules and advise others , but when its closer to home, it can make your mind go crazy! :drunk:
Thanks in advance! Oh and I think you guys need cookies and chocolate and coffee and ponies for getting through all of that!  :grouphug:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:18:53 AM by Ringlets »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay issues with toystorycollector1987 (UK, doll purchase) advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
Ouch, poor you :(

This is why I am wary of pre-ordering anything.  There's no guarantee it will happen. It sounds as if you've been really messed about on this one, but I am not sure that there is anything much that you can do.  She's given you a full refund so as far as the seller is concerned, transaction is over. Which is unfair since you really wanted the dolls, and from what you said, you were probably willing to wait some more time for them.

An unexpected refund has happened to me as well.  I bought a MLP G1 annual on BIN and after 3 weeks, no delivery so I opened a case (was UK to UK so it was a very long time in transit) and got a refund without asking for one. I messaged the seller and asked what was going on and was told that the book had been damaged.  I left neutral feedback due to lack of communication - they hadn't told me about the damage, just ignored it and hoped i wouldn't notice, I only got a refund AFTER I put a claim in.

I would be tempted to wait and see if she relists these dolls with a price hike up. Then leave feedback saying you'd originally purchased them, but the sale was cancelled by the seller to sell them at an increased price.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »
Hmmm ... I am going to tlk to mum about this in a sec she should hopefully know (just about to run out the door now)

I am pretty sure ebay can see your messages to each other if you ask them to (think it also happens when you open a case) only messages on ebay though.
Best bet (when you can actually get through to them) is to talk to someone on the phone, explaining the situation & letting them know that she offered you a second pair without listing them as this is a big no no for ebay.

If your messages were off ebay you can send them copies of your messages.

I will see what mum says, but there must be something you can do about it....

To me it sounds like she knew they were worth more so didnt want you to have them so she could sell them for more...cheeky so & so...  >_<

:hug:

Post Merge: March 25, 2014, 11:59:20 AM

Mum said there isnt a lot they can do about her giving you your money back, but it is worth contact ebay telling them the whole situation, the main bit they will probably focus on is her trying to get you to buy the other 2 off ebay. But it is worth you saying that she has refunded you because she wants to sell them again & that she did not contact you saying she was going to refund you or why.

Hopefully they will do something.

:hug:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:59:20 AM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
*hugs* my baby girl.  :hug:

Unfortunately I am not sure what you can do, especially since you were issued a refund. This is from eBay dealing with their policy on selling pre-order items though:

Policy overview

Presale listings generally consist of items that are sold before they're available to the public, such as video games, tickets, and custom-made items. (For the rules on magazine subscriptions and certain promotional items and events, see Additional information.) These items often aren't in the seller's control or possession when they're listed.

If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.

Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

I am guessing and only guessing because I have not seen the listing in question, that they made it known it was an item they did not have in hand. I would maybe call eBay to clarify the actual guidelines concerning what I quoted.  Also there is no proof she actually received these dolls if they have not been relisted or popped back up on her account, it's your word against hers at this point.  I am not saying it's not shady since this dolls are obviously hard to come by but eBay can't force her to ship to you, unfortunately.  :huh:

It's a bad situation and I think your only repercussion is to leave honest feedback.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think there's much you can do if you've already been given a refund. As far as ebay sees it, you're not out any money, so they can't force the seller to send you anything :(

I've been in the same position before, ordered something, and then was refunded by the seller because the item was "damaged". I later saw the seller relist the same item for a higher price than I had paid. I hadn't left them feedback at that point, so I then left them negative feedback. I don't think there's anything else to do though, if you see them relist the item for higher, you can definitely leave appropriate feedback to let other buyers know what happened.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:14 AM »
Thanks for your support and info everyone :hug:
SOOOOOOO
Guess what? I was spot on with my prediction. This morning, one morning after she refunded me and closed the case, She has them relisted on ebay seperately - with pics of actual doll (elsa) and says she has Anna for sale too , listing soon  :mad:
I have called Ebay and reported her , they are going to check our correspondance, and I have also left her a negative feedback

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:17 AM »
Naughty...naughty..... :mad:

I hope eBay is able to do something for you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay toystorycollector1987 AVOID! greedy seller *UPDATE*
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:36 AM »
Naughty...naughty..... :mad:

I hope eBay is able to do something for you.

Me too! I am furious!  :enraged:    she deserves some payback for this! I hope ebay can sort her out not only because of what she pulled on me with this auction, but also by originally offering me a second set too (ha what a joke!) without going through ebay. I'm sure they'll have fun with those messages.

BTW here again are links to the auction I won and her new listing. I added them to my original post too

the auction I won

relisted Elsa with mention of Anna for sale in description

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390805796940#ht_158wt_1141

Avoid this greedy person.
I will also avoid presale auctions in future too if this is what is likely to happen again :(

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 06:03:27 AM »
And the shipping went up 10 pounds since the last auction?
:socks:   :frog:

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 06:11:42 AM »
What a disgrace!  :mad:

It would serve her right if they didn't sell.

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
OMG! what a horrible *^%$£ $%^&* >_< :enraged:

Hopefully ebay can now sort something out for you now tbh.

Because you never asked for a refund, you still wanted them you just asked for tracking....

Just make sure you keep contacting ebay as its only 3 days left of her Auction, you want this sorted before then.

She now definitely ignored you because she wanted to sell them for more money, ebay hopefully will see this. Just make sure to keep pointing it out to them on every call you have with them

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:10:12 PM by Lollipop »
Lollipop

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »
And the shipping went up 10 pounds since the last auction?

*nods* yeah somehow it got more expensive to ship one doll, than to ship two :rolleyes:

What a disgrace!  :mad:

It would serve her right if they didn't sell.

Mmm that would serve her right, but unfortunately the price is increasing fast as more UK collectors bid. Problem is that after disney store's mess up on 18th March, no UK collectors got to buy one online - the site totally crashed and the dolls never showed for sale. After that when the site came on, the dolls just showed as sold out,  but disney store facebook page was filled with angry comments and showed no-one got one online., and very few were available in store (which most went right on ebay!) :( sooo people keep bidding.
OMG! what a horrible *^%$£ $%^&* >_< :enraged:

Hopefully ebay can now sort something out for you now tbh.

Because you never asked for a refund, you still wanted them you just asked for tracking....

Just make sure you keep contacting ebay as its only 3 days left of her Auction, you want this sorted before then.

She now definitely ignored you because she wanted to sell them for more money, ebay hopefully will see this. Just make sure to keep pointing it out to them on every call you have with them

my thoughts exactly  and it gets better , wait til you see a message she sent today in answer

what a lovely lady

Dear steve_toys_games,Right first of all I have not replied cos I have a job and not constantly attached to my phone or eBay as there are more important things going on in my life. Second it's not bad business practice as I am not a business. Thirdly I don't  have Anna yet as it states she will be here soon if I ever get a replacement from disney.  Anyway I am not selling Anna on eBay so besides the point. U leaving negative feedback is hardly going to affect me or impact any future sales so i am not bothered. Why would I send one doll when the auction was for 2 ? If I can't supply both dolls i will give a refund . At the moment I can't supply both dolls and didn't want to hold onto ur money so that's why I refunded. Also I have another set coming from my friend in America who surprised me last night and said he was sending so I was going to contact u about the original offer but I don't think I will bother now. Good luck getting them for that price again.- toystorycollector1987 

Ok. so she has a job and is not tied to ebay etc so she didnt respond? well its funny she had time to take pics and make a listing then huh? :huh:   and she had time to keep responding and talking before the DS UK fiasco too when she thought she was getting a good price from me.
next .. she is selling ..so um ..yeah what she pulled on me *is* bad business practise.
third - wait, what? she says she doesnt have Anna and is not selling on ebay?  well... whats that you said in your auction then?
(direct quote from current elsa auction)
This is for the march 2014 frozen limited edition elsa in her coronation outfit . I have this in hand and ready to ship. She has not been taken out her box.
I do have snow gear Anna to which will be available soon.
I can ship worldwide but please be aware of customs charges which are out of my control and be down to ur own government. shipping charges will be high as I need to insure her and she is heavy at nearly 4kg all boxed up.

Any questions please feel free to message me
Posted with eBay Mobile

plus she listed with ebay mobile? while not tied to her mobile or ebay and having better things to do ?  and while we're on the subject, since when did one doll weigh 4 kg? is she shipping her in a lead box? :what:  :blink:

An now suddenly she has a US friend who is sending her a set of HTF and expensive dolls just to sell on ebay? really? *is not convinced*   and she *was* going to contact me about it but she isnt going to bother now. Yeah right sure she was, and ...my ...what good manners you have my dear :shocked:  So my neg is not going to impact on her sales and just love how the sarcasm oozes out of the last sentence where she says "good luck getting them for that price again"
What a nice person she turned out to be hey guys? :awake:
All fun on ebay these days.  Well she will get what she deserves one day cos she cant go on being like that and not run into trouble- whether ebay sorts her out now or not. :shrug:

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
Show ebay that message she sent you as it proves she was going to offer them to you 'off' ebay.

Has ebay got back to you at all?

I am tempted to ask her about the shipping haha we ship all over the world that would not cost that much, it cost like that to post a sewing machine mum sold within the UK lol now that is heavy haha.
Even my friends bday present I sent her was bulky & very heavy that cost like £10 lol & it was signed for :P
Lollipop

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
Uhg, that's so slimy.  Sorry Ringlets =(

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »
:hug:  Aww thanks for your support :lovey:
and really if the situation wasnt so stressful and disappointing I might see the funny side of how that new auction and latest message blew her out of the water

Ebay havent got back to me again yet, but they told me on the phone this morning that they would check all of our messages as well as looking at the case again - they are going to do an investigation - they checked the case and the current auction as well as what I won briefly while i was on the phone to them. I did tell them that she had offered to sell me "off" ebay before - and this message shows she was (supposedly) going to do it again. I'm sure they'll check it out  ;) looks like she shot herself in the foot by sending that to me

Hey  Lollipop, if you wanna ask about the shipping costs go for it- I'd love to see what reply you get :lol:  it says economy shipping for that much lol! hey maybe there is a free sewing machine thrown in? :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal