collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would This Be Rude?  (Read 607 times)

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
Would This Be Rude?
« on: March 17, 2014, 06:39:01 PM »
Basically, had an item I was watching, it didn't sell, it wasn't relisted, so I contacted the seller and asked them if they'd be willing to relist and let me buy through ebay, because off-ebay purchases are a no-no and I won't even suggest it.

Ebay asks me to select an item, I select the one in question, and quickly get a response asking about two completely unrelated items. I have NO idea how this happened. Ebay is so weird. So I write back, type in the item number, and...nada.

They've listed new things since my message, so I know they have accessed their account, (otherwise I'd assume busy life and such), but oy, I'd like to hear "Sure!" or "Nope, can't find it/it's been sold elsewhere sorry". You know, closure. The silence is bugging me, more so that I know they've logged in.

Is it rude to ask again? How long should I wait? I don't want to be rude, though seriously, I'm willing to give him money for something they wanted to sell. I have no idea why you'd ignore money. Money could be coming to you! Actual money! I'm not even haggling!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Would This Be Rude?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »
You can ask again no harm in it they may have missed the first message (I would leave it 2 or 3 days)
Tbh I have done this on items I have wanted & missed the bidding & it didnt sell, sometimes I have got a response & sometimes nothing. For me the ones who say nothing I just think right ok I will not buy from you then.

I would give them a few days to reply though as they might have a few people pming them so give them chance to write back 
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:41 AM »
I would maybe wait a couple more days and shoot them another message. If you don't hear anything then I would probably assume they may no longer have the item.  There are lots of folks who sell on eBay and use other venues for selling. So while it may have ended, it also may have been sold elsewhere. Just a thought cause I couldn't imagine it not selling and them not relisting it for someone who is interested in buying it  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:38:25 AM »
No harm in sending them another message after a few days - just incase they are busy :)  its not rude so dont worry ;)  But as mentioned - if they still dont get back to you then i would give it up - either the item is no longer available or TBH  if communication is that bad it could lead to problems if you did eventually buy something from them.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal