collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WeLoveFine's What Will it Be?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WeLoveFine's What Will it Be?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 04:52:14 AM »
What is there even to like? :blink: She doesn't even look MLP!

Google "Solid Snake". That's why people like her. She looks like this character instead of her usual self and visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Okay, i'm outta here with my negative thoughts :lol: Please continue.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 04:57:05 AM »
Am I the only one who feels some MLP merch moves further and further away from its actual core brand with every passing over stylised product? /rant over

I agree with you. What's the point of My Little Pony if you need to cross it over with video game fandoms or post-apocalyptic scenarios to make it appeal to more people. I thought the point was that FiM can be enjoyed by kids and parents (adults), no need to dress it up as something it isn't. It looks like a try to make FiM look more "badass".

Now I get why they made it Future Twilight. She is only so popular because her entire look was a shout-out to Metal Gear Solid. At first I thought it was funny how they snuck that joke in, but then I - once again - couldn't resist to see what the Bronies had to say about it and of course it was once again taken as proof that FiM is supposed to be for adult men and not for kids/little girls :rolleyes:
That's why I grew to hate Future Twilight, even though I liked the episode itself. She was overhyped for a long time and always mentioned when trying to prove that FiM "wasn't for girls anymore".

About the statue, it's funny how G3(.5) did this kind of humanisation years before the FiM fandom came to be and yet when G3(.5) does it it's considered horrible and awkward by the FiM fancrazies ("how do they hold things with their hooves, why are they dancing on their hindlegs?!"), but when FiM fanarts do it it's cool and cute and merch gets made to cash in on the popularity. Double standards? :P

Oddly I always want to say this about G3.5. Now its my least favourite generation but stylistically line up all the gens and it is clearly the closest to G4. Big eyes, out of proportion head/body ratio, overly stylised "pony type" - its clear that G3.5 was a step away from G3 and towards G4; its not a meet in the middle its a shift in direction from traditional pony-ish moulds towards a more trendy/modern culturally current style.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:15 AM »
I would be more interested if they would have done one of these two of hers.. but not the biggest fan of her human like style on some.. The :muffin: Pony one is the only cute one of the three I think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 05:03:53 AM »
I never wanted anything from WLF, but I'd so buy a statue of a happy Cloud Chaser on a bubbly cloud with stars.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:32 AM »
I never wanted anything from WLF, but I'd so buy a statue of a happy Cloud Chaser on a bubbly cloud with stars.

Exactly, if they released something I actually really wanted I would get it. Cloud Chaser is absolutely adorable long with Flitter and they both need funko releases, and brushable releases! Like now. Thank you, their cutie marks remind me so much of G1 ponies, and the color schemes are gorgeous!

For Sale Wants

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 05:07:54 AM »
Yeah, um, not for me.   :(

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 05:14:04 AM »

Exactly, if they released something I actually really wanted I would get it. Cloud Chaser is absolutely adorable long with Flitter and they both need funko releases, and brushable releases! Like now. Thank you, their cutie marks remind me so much of G1 ponies, and the color schemes are gorgeous!

I second that, I'd buy a happy Cloud Chaser even though I'm not that big a fan because she's just so gosh darn cute. Putting her on a cloud base with stars reminds me of the Diamond Select prototypes, I'm way more excited for Diamond Select and Funko ponies, WLF has lost my interest but I'm sure Bronies will love these quality figures.  ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 05:19:21 AM »
I'm way more excited for Diamond Select and Funko ponies, WLF has lost my interest but I'm sure Bronies will love these quality figures.  ^.^

I can't wait for the DS ponies! Especially since they opted to go with two of the "least popular" ones first :biggrin:

Stitch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 05:33:27 AM »
Personally, I would like to see more pictures of Escape from Equestria Twilight Plissken before I decide if I want her.

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 06:20:16 AM »
I don't care much for this figure but since the vinyl dept is lacking in Twi's section, I'm snagging this to put in her cubby in my shelving unit.

I agree with those stating their discontent with the "human pose" displays are heading. It's kinda like MLP Blade Runner 1.5 or something. =\

Updated original post for another section removed.
I've modified the part to include a *spoiler* section so I wouldn't ruin it for those who don't want to know yet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:23:46 AM by Dashy77 »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 07:20:46 AM »
Um, hum. I saw the whole thing revealed somewhere...I don't now if it was facebook or where. At first I was confused as in what the heck is that.

I'm not interested, I don't really like it and don't totally get the concept for it. I get the part where they're using that episode where twilight time traveled but it's just really kinda not something I want because it doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't feel 'MLP' to me. It's fan concept and while I love customs, this just isn't MLP to me. It's something else, confusing.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »
I normally really like WLF stuff and i like future twilight, but this doesn't even look pony. Her face just looks wrong :/ Now if they made a vinyl out of that cloud chaser shirt, i'd be all over that. She looks adorable and is far more pony esque.

And i totally can't wait for the Diamond Select models :D Really want all of those. They look really nice quality and, like ponies lol XD

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »
We got the full figure!

http://mlpmerch.blogspot.fi/2014/03/welovefine-exclusive-figure-future.html

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
Looks like a purple hedgehog to me

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
I like the base but the figure itself looks really strange... I rather had her looking more like a pony. And her hair seems so short.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal