collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls 3..  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls 3..
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »
I think the issue is, that's not the accepted way to classify the gens. So I mean you're free to think that, but no one will know wtf you're talking about if you say 1.5.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »
I think the issue is, that's not the accepted way to classify the gens. So I mean you're free to think that, but no one will know wtf you're talking about if you say 1.5.

This is the way I classify the gens

G1 Specials, Pony n' Friends, The Movie
G1.5 My Little Pony Tales
G2 No show, just the video game, and commercials
G3 Straight to DVD specials
G3.5 Newborn Cuties, DVD specials with new graphics
G4 Friendship is Magic

As for the toys
G1 1983 ~ 1995
G2 1997-2003
G3 2003 ~ 2010
G4 2010 - present

That's the way I see it.

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: My biggest fears about EQG is coming true..
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
As a pegasister, I kind of know what some bronies don't like about them. The skin color was kind of a turn off for some, although that's pretty minor. I think the big problems were the high school setting/plot, and the fact that EQG was made instead of a pony movie.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner big reason for many is it was made instead of a full length pony movie, which even taking a poll on here awhile back, over 90% said they want a particular pony movie plot that I just made up. Besides that reason I just don't like the whole concept of it, not a big fan of alternate universe type of things, and taking rulers of Equestria and turning them into high school Principals could not be more disappointing. I just wish they would take the MLP name off of the whole thing, and would have just come up with new characters rather than recycling our MLP characters.

The mlp name is what sells it though, and for many it was fun to see favorite characters anthromorphed and how they work in an entirely different setting. My best friend is a huge brony and fim fan, and he adored the movie too and geeked out over references and appearances through the entire movie. Then again, he went into it to enjoy it for what it was, not what it might have been if things were different. A regular pony movie wasn't in the works. Who knows, you still might get one, so I personally don't understand the mentality that they got EqG 'instead' of a movie. I think EqG was simply an idea made by hasbro to compete with the fashion doll market, and it was successful. A movie has little to do with it as much as it was advertising and hyping a new toy line

I want to state that I'm just bringing thoughts to the table, and I believe everyones opinions are valid in this matter. I don't want to devalidate how anyone feels, but offer up thoughts and speculation.
  YEAP!!  what she wrote up there:)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »

This is the way I classify the gens

G1 Specials, Pony n' Friends, The Movie
G1.5 My Little Pony Tales
G2 No show, just the video game, and commercials
G3 Straight to DVD specials
G3.5 Newborn Cuties, DVD specials with new graphics
G4 Friendship is Magic

As for the toys
G1 1983 ~ 1995
G2 1997-2003
G3 2003 ~ 2010
G4 2010 - present

That's the way I see it.
I understand that. But people are disagreeing because no one else classifies it that way, probably because this is a toy-centric forum.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2014, 05:53:21 AM »
Two things I don't really quite get:

1. I just don't really see the dolls selling here?? Am I missing something?
2. I thought the original market for EqG was going to be older girls... but now they're apparently back down to 3-9, same ages the ponies cater for. wut???

I'm not really sure what to think on the other discussions being held. I think people forget that licensees like Funko etc also aren't necessarily freely available in every country. Though what I think of the local Hasbro distributor's practices are another kettle of fish :P

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »
I wish they would just stop pretending Hasbro execs lie awake at night thinking about how to please their new overlords.

Haha! If only they knew the real truth... that Hasbro execs sleep at night on giant piles of money thinking up how to make more! XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2014, 07:39:54 AM »
No tv shows. I would bet thats why G2 misses out on the hate spectrum. Most [and some people may object to me saying "most" but it is true] of the newer fans, bronies only care or focus mainly on the tv show aspect of MLP. The toys often and completely pass them buy, or at least previous gen toys do. A lot of them call tales G2 or G1.5 after all so I would bet many of them are completely unaware of the existence or relevance of a generation between the 80s ponies and the 00 ponies.

Eh, that could be the reason. They even called Tales "G2" in that Brony Documentary song and Lauren Faust was involved in writing that...

I cringed when I watched it I got about halfway into it and then turned it off. I couldn't finish it....
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal