collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls 3..  (Read 8116 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Equestria Girls 3..
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:23:50 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm sorry for those who like EQG I respect your opinion, but like I have said many times I feel they are kinda taking over the MLP line, and partially the show. Someone please tell me this is fake, can we just have a pony movie please...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:50:25 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My biggest fears about EQG is coming true..
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:27:08 PM »
Oh for goodness sakes, There never goes a day by without someone complaining about howe EQG exists.

When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
I'll still watch it. :D

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »
I saw someone mention this earlier on a brony fan group.

I feel like flipping a table tbh. Not too happy about this but I expected Hasbro to milk it to death anyway..
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
Hasbro is gonna produce what sells with the target market. I don't begrudge them that; after all, it's their turn to be the focus of the line.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »
I saw someone mention this earlier on a brony fan group.

I feel like flipping a table tbh. Not too happy about this but I expected Hasbro to milk it to death anyway..

It just sucks that a REAL MLP movie can't come to theaters to get a wider audience, plus the fact hasbro is only releasing new characters pretty much as EQG and any new ponies are with the dolls trying to force people to buy them!

I would love a movie and fully 100% it if we got to see a full movie about Celestia and Luna and their parents, how they were born, how they grew up, how they became immortal, how they got their magical manes, what happened to their parents, more about alicorns in general, the struggles they faced, more more more! Can you even imagine how epic!!

For Sale Wants

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »
Hasbro is gonna produce what sells with the target market. I don't begrudge them that; after all, it's their turn to be the focus of the line.

Yep. This.

Besides, media-wise, EQG and FIM can both exist at once. Making more EQG movies doesn't mean the show is going anywhere anytime soon. I have an incredibly difficult time feeling any sympathy whatsoever when 90% of the time The Hub acts like FIM is the only show they play. At least they acknowledge it even exists unlike my favorite Hub show which is now stuck in renewal limbo.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »
Um, it says hardcover. I know the second movie rainbow rocks is coming out, but this is for a hardcover book, isn't it?

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:39 PM »
Um, it says hardcover. I know the second movie rainbow rocks is coming out, but this is for a hardcover book, isn't it?
I think so! The "14 pages of activities" part makes it sound like a children's book too.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »
its not a movie.
it's a book.
the other books are selling just as well as the equestria girls one.
honestly its not that horrifying is it?
it seems to me that they are keeping the two separate.
ponies- show
girls- movie

it's pretty common for companies to do something more dramatically different when they do a movie.
they are developing the characters at a good pace in the show. and so far this last season no episode has focused on the mane six. it's been one or two of the mane six and other characters, either new or established.
sorry you're frustrated by it, but as long as it sell hasbro will keep at it.
my niece isn't allowed to get the dolls, mostly cuz she has over 200 ponies (she's 6... XP totally my fault) and her mom doesn't want to getting attached to something else. she loves the movie and is really excited about a second one. I'm curious to see if twilight travels again, or if the twilight from there world moves to canterlot high.

i don't think the two original princesses pull enough interest with the younger audience to get their own movie. most kids i talk to love candence and twilight. the others are too. "adult" for them.
and i know they did ok in sales for the movie, but i don't think they got any extra fans from the viewing. the whole thing seemed more like a test and fanservice to me. (not the creepy kind)
they didn't advertise it well and most people didn't know about it, unless they were looking for it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:30:44 PM by rosierjay »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
They can sell more if they target girls who like ponies, girls who like cute human girl cartoons and dolls, and those who like both. I'm sure they'll keep doing both. The EqG wasn't a one time thing.. they'll definitely be continuing this for a while.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »
Awesome! I'm hoping for an EQG series or webisodes like MH so we get to know the human characters better.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »
Rainbow Rocks was first "announced" via an Amazon listing for a book, wasn't it? So guessing this will be made into a film too isn't a far stretch.

Still, as others have said, it sells. We often forget that this line is for children, not us. They are the target audience, the target market, and the ones who buy the most products (or, well, their parents, but you know). And hey, if they can kill two birds with one stone by selling a new pony + doll in a double-pack for an increased price, they will. Making money is their main goal. It's frustrating to us collectors but let's face it: if we really want the pony included, we'll find a way to get it.

EQG and FiM can exist side-by-side. If you don't like EQG, don't watch it!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 12:22:53 AM »
Rainbow Rocks was first "announced" via an Amazon listing for a book, wasn't it? So guessing this will be made into a film too isn't a far stretch.

Still, as others have said, it sells. We often forget that this line is for children, not us. They are the target audience, the target market, and the ones who buy the most products (or, well, their parents, but you know). And hey, if they can kill two birds with one stone by selling a new pony + doll in a double-pack for an increased price, they will. Making money is their main goal. It's frustrating to us collectors but let's face it: if we really want the pony included, we'll find a way to get it.

EQG and FiM can exist side-by-side. If you don't like EQG, don't watch it!
Pretty much! Mangoflavorcm on Ebay has the pony Rarity that came with RR Deluxe Rarity; I can't imagine there won't be plenty of sellers that have Vinyl and Octavia.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 12:42:46 AM »
Whilst I wish EqG was handled better ("We're all totally different!" *all dolls have the same tiny, unrealistically proportioned bodies, same faces, all wearing skirts and make-up because different, but not too different, amirite, Hasbro? No girls wear shorts or trousers, right?) I liked the first film. I'll prolly like the second one. The pony line has been dry for a while so it's nice to see some variety on the shelves, though I won't be buying until the prices are better....
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal