collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When is it okay to ask for a refund if the item never came?  (Read 952 times)

Sweetheart

• Trade Count: (0)
When is it okay to ask for a refund if the item never came?
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:53:14 PM »
I'm awaiting on a Gusty who I'd already paid for. The item is overdue and at this point in time I'd like my money back to buy the pony elsewhere. Sadly I used guest check out on Paypal and it's hard to get a claim. I've messaged the user regarding the situation, but at this point I'd like my money back.

What else should I do?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: When is it okay to ask for a refund if the item never came?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
When was payment made? Also was there a tracking number provided for you?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:04:38 PM »
Did you purchase the item here on the Arena?

When did you pay for it?

Did the seller confirm when it shipped or provide tracking information?
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Sweetheart

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
The seller's being non responsive. I ordered from ebay.
It's about a week late, coming from the UK.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:10:07 PM »
I wouldn't rely to much on the item being a week late coming from the UK. The weather here in the states has really put a damper on delivery times.  :huh:

Also if this was eBay, unless you agreed to pay for it off site, you can open a case.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »
If a valid tracking number was provided by the seller, then the seller is safe. International shipment, at most, takes a month to a month and 15 days.

but at this point I'd like my money back.

I know how impatience feels, but international shipments take a long, long time:P
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
I presuming you are in the usa (cant see on my phone).
It takes over a wk for anything to come from the usa to me here in the uk (normally just under 2wks).
How many days ago was it posted? Best to give it at least 12days to arrive in normal weather. As ponylady said weather can effect (i dont no the weather there) but if its bad that could b it. Unfortunately when things get delayed due to weather it can take up to a month for your item to arrive :(

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
That's way too soon imo. And that would only be fair if you sent it back when it arrived at your door, which the seller can't be sure you'll do and has no way to make you do that if he/she refunds. If you're going to buy overseas, you're going to need some more patience, I'm afraid.
I'm still waiting on a package from Germany (that was $400) and it's been over a month now, and I'm giving it another 2-3 weeks. I truly believe the seller posted it though and just figure it's very delayed, that's just me. But definitely 2 weeks should be the point where you start thinking about it, I think.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:37:06 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Yep, you have 45 days to open a claim for a refund, and I usually wait out that time, because firstly, it's not always smooth sailing for international mail, and secondly, if it does turn up, then the right thing to do is either pay for it again, or ship it back out of pocket, and either way you lose if you've already bought another.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »
Packages from the UK used to be like clockwork - one week and it would be here.  Then the USPS budget cuts happened, and now things seem to take anywhere from 3 weeks to over 2 months.  They closed a bunch of sorting centers, and cut back on the staff everwhere. It's going to show at some point.

A week overdue is really not much. I'd even go so far as to say the package is really not overdue unless it's been in transit for over 2 months.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 04:35:13 PM »
At the very least, you should give an international seller 3 weeks from the time they say they've shipped the package. If I suspect it's taking too long, I go to my calendar and mark 44 days from the time I've paid. That way, when that day comes, and I don't have my package, I've waited as long as I can to file a claim.

Please try to be patient and don't file a claim too quickly.   More and more these days sellers are becoming reluctant to ship internationally because claims are filed before buyers give the postal system enough time to do its job.  More often than not, it's not the seller's fault.   If it becomes too much of a hassle, these sellers will just stop shipping internationally and that just shrinks our pony world.   

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »
At the very least, you should give an international seller 3 weeks from the time they say they've shipped the package. If I suspect it's taking too long, I go to my calendar and mark 44 days from the time I've paid. That way, when that day comes, and I don't have my package, I've waited as long as I can to file a claim.

Please try to be patient and don't file a claim too quickly.   More and more these days sellers are becoming reluctant to ship internationally because claims are filed before buyers give the postal system enough time to do its job.  More often than not, it's not the seller's fault.   If it becomes too much of a hassle, these sellers will just stop shipping internationally and that just shrinks our pony world.

IA. The huge impatience of buyers makes me not want to ship internationally ever. It's not their fault when the postage is slow, and they get buyers on their back demanding a refund when it's likely the item will still arrive and they'll be out of both. When I start selling it'll 99% most likely be within the US only.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »
I know you know this, as you live on the the East Coast as well, but we've been absolutely HAMMERED this winter with bad weather, from Maine to the Carolinas. It took two weeks for a Valentine's card to get to me in Maryland from Texas.  International packages have to go through customs, and considering there is probably a HUGE backlog at the moment, your item is probably stuck there, if it's still not on it's way. We just got another major storm today that cancelled every flight in and out of every major airport here in MD, DC, and VA. Imagine how that alone could affect packages getting to and from their destinations, let alone the passengers.

One week is WAY too soon to be asking for a refund - as someone said, 3 weeks is a good wait.  You just need to sit on your hands or distract yourself for another two weeks. :)
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Sweetheart

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »
If a valid tracking number was provided by the seller, then the seller is safe. International shipment, at most, takes a month to a month and 15 days.

but at this point I'd like my money back.

I know how impatience feels, but international shipments take a long, long time:P

Thank you everybody for your help.
It's just weird because I ordered another bunch of ponies from around the same area around three days later and they came last Friday :/

Also the shipping number doesn't work. Ebay says its shipped but the number is useless I keep getting an error. I sent a polite email just asking how it was going as they hadn't really tried to communicate with me. Maybe I'm supposed to communicate first? This is one of my first ebay transactions and I'm really confused)

And three weeks, got it! Thank you again guys sorry about the silly question.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »

Thank you everybody for your help.
It's just weird because I ordered another bunch of ponies from around the same area around three days later and they came last Friday :/

Also the shipping number doesn't work. Ebay says its shipped but the number is useless I keep getting an error. I sent a polite email just asking how it was going as they hadn't really tried to communicate with me. Maybe I'm supposed to communicate first? This is one of my first ebay transactions and I'm really confused)

And three weeks, got it! Thank you again guys sorry about the silly question.

Tracking #'s from overseas don't really truly track the package the same way one would in the US.  Every country has it's own tracking system so if you're getting an error it could be for any number of reasons.  :/

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal