collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 11 Blind Bags Discussion  (Read 21470 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 11 Blind Bag Speculation
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »
So it may be that we can't see Pinprick's cutie mark in the toy fair photos because... he didn't have one yet. Not posting image because it's too tall, but click here: you can see both sides of him in the first and second photos, and he's blank on each. (Yeah, I know, so exciting.)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 04:50:42 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This picture was found on Kokojo.de As you can see you can see 3 new Blind Bags in the lower-right corner with some wicked designs. The molds seems to be the same as the current Rainbow Dash and Rarity mold, but the Twilight one looks new, maybe a new mold? They all have some wicked designs though! In the picture there are 25 ponies listed including the figures in the corner. In a regular wave there are 24 Blind Bags but since we see Twilight here twice (as figure and as vector) we have a total of 24 Ponies! We also see Purple Wave who already had a Blind Bag version of her revealed (Purple Lyrica)

We do see a lot of the same characters who appeared in wave 9. So the amount of duplicated can be high unless they all get the wicked designs seen in the lower right corner. We know not much right now, but we are just speculating. And hope to provide you all soon with the right answer. :)

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2014/05/possible-wave-11-blind-bags-concept-art.html

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 09:32:11 AM »
Whoooooa what? o.o I am 10000% on board with the new rainbow figures, but why would they make a brand new unicorn Twilight mold at this stage in the game? Plus gah, Hasbro, you just did TWO pink pegasi with yellow hair in wave 9, please not another!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 11:05:02 AM »
Ehhhh  :unsure: I'd guess that if that image was Hasbro provided that might have been an early Wave 9 concept image as oppose to being a wave 11 one. That banner across the image vorläufige abbildung translates to something like provisional illustration. I know we haven't been getting full waves of new characters lately but so many of those match up with W9. I still think W11 will be mostly composed of those ones seen at toy fair (at least I hope).

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »
That has to be old. There's no way we'd get Peachy Sweet three waves in a row, is there? And the weird unicorn Twilight is probably a sign of their not having a finished alicorn mold yet but wanting to be clear it wasn't going to be the normal Twilight mold.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »
That's a good point, I didn't notice how much matched with wave 9. I do want that pink and red girl, though!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
Ugh if thats Wave 11, I ll be even more disappointed than usual :P So many duplicates!

I agree it seems unlikely that we would be getting unicorn Twilight again after such focus on alicorn Twilight. And its clearly not Rarity as one of the specials - the colours match Scoot although the type of pony doesnt. How odd! I wonder what the plan at this stage had been.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 04:38:51 AM »
Some new Blind Bags found on Taobao!

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2014/06/sunset-shimmer-and-candy-apples-blind.html

Offline moonsugar

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 05:15:36 AM »
Hmm! I'm liking the unicorn eyes on the earth ponies. Cute and dainty.
:fox:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 06:00:18 AM »
I saw that Sunset when nosing earlier. I suspect she will probably be a mini fig pack along with Flash Sentry and Twilight again :P Although thats just a guess...with Hasbro she could end up packed with the weirdest combination.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »
Sunset Shimmer! Want!
The 2 on the ends are the same but with opposite hair colors. I wonder what version might be released? I think I prefer the red hair.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »

Yep. I prefer the red hair too, but it might be too similar to Pepperdance, and it looks like there was just a communication issue somewhere along the line in specifying which color to use for her hair and which to use for her hair ties. No surprises here, but good to see more figures in production besides just Flash Sentry and the blue unicorn guy.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
Is her symbol just identical to Lulu Luck other than the fact they are flipped upside down?

I find G4 more and more fascinating, with any other generation she would still be Lulu Luck just a variant version of her [different type of of pony, slightly different colours and minor difference in symbol] - rather than a whole new pony! Hasbros lack of creatively in symbols is somewhat worrying :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
Oh, I forgot about that pic of her, VioletCLM. I guess the yellow hair is more likely.

Is her symbol just identical to Lulu Luck other than the fact they are flipped upside down?

I find G4 more and more fascinating, with any other generation she would still be Lulu Luck just a variant version of her [different type of of pony, slightly different colours and minor difference in symbol] - rather than a whole new pony! Hasbros lack of creatively in symbols is somewhat worrying :P

I find it worrying too. There are so many BBs with the same symbol. For the 2 linked horseshoes symbol in particular: Shoeshine, Lulu Luck, Lucky Swirl, Lilac Links and now this new pony all have a variation of it.
I'm still amazed they released Lyrica Lilac when her symbol is just like Lyra Heartstrings', and in the same sets twice even.
Hasbro's lazy decision making doesn't cease to baffle me.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:08:55 PM by Flitter »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »

I blame that one on the show. A lot of background characters got recycled cutie marks. (Like the stars, guitar and horseshoes.)
With Hasbro picking more background characters from the show, they also "have to" recycle more cutie marks. It's one of the things i REALLY wish they didn't. A well designed pony is far more important than a pony that appeared on the show for a few seconds.
(But a lot of people disagree with that these days.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal