collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 134
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: How much to spend on ponies?  (Read 1054 times)

Offline DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Disney Princess and Pony Enthusiast
Re: How much to spend on ponies?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 02:19:10 AM »
I always go and spend more than I thought I would- but I also usually have one or two expensive ponies I want to get, and I love things like customs and handmade pony related craft so most of the money ends up going to that. So far I have everything budgeted except food and merch/pony money. I probably won't be able to figure my budget for that until closer to the Fair to see how much money I have after everything else.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted List | For Trade | New Life (pony blog)

Offline Maddie

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 05:22:18 AM »
Wow, you guys are making me feel like a cheapo. Besides the money for gas,hotel and eats I'm not factoring in much on pony buying. :blush:

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 09:43:55 PM »
I think that one could spend just about any amount of money that weekend.  As long as you have some earmarked for ponies, and you stick to that amount, you're set!  No matter how much I've brought in the past--I'm always down to the last couple crumpled dollars by Sunday morning.  ;)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+150)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 07:38:29 PM »
I think that one could spend just about any amount of money that weekend.  As long as you have some earmarked for ponies, and you stick to that amount, you're set!  No matter how much I've brought in the past--I'm always down to the last couple crumpled dollars by Sunday morning.  ;)

Word!:)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 02:47:30 AM »

yours lasted until sunday ? o.o  lol mine didnt even make it till saterday afternoon! lol

Offline Maddie

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 04:46:15 AM »
I just have a very strict budget I guess. Ooh I would never spend over. Is rather come home with extra than spend over what I've set aside for everything. I like to limit myself I would feel bad coming home spending too much. :lol:

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
Assuming autograph vouchers are $5... I'll get two of those, a handful of G1 pony toys (The set of characters which inspired the Mane 6 of FIM). Maybe something else, I don't want to spend a lot of money at the MLP fair. I'm already vacationing up to CT for a friends wedding the month before, and am committed to Bronycon as well.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 12:47:57 AM »
I always take cash, but I don't have paypal either.  In my opinion cash means you have a limit so you don't spend more than you planned on.  I feel like it's good to bring a little extra, because you never know what you might find.  Also, keep a little aside for the unexpected.  Like you buy all the ponies you wanted and spend all your spending money and then you see this really nice G1 style bag and are all bummed out, because you spend all your money.  I just mean pace yourself.  I've been to two fairs, both in Rhode Island.  You see all the pony stuff and it can become overwhelming and you want to spend all your money in one spot.  Also, there will probably be raffles for cool stuff too.

It helped me my first fair to actually make up a list of ponies I was looking for and about their estimated value so I know how much I planned on spending on ponies but then I found other things outside of my list that I also bought.  I consider those the unplanned stuff.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal