collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guide to some Arena features you might not know about.  (Read 16686 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Guide to some Arena features you might not know about.
« on: February 03, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »
* You can [highlight]highlight text[/highlight]! In [highlight=orange]different colors[/highlight] too.

Codes
Code: [Select]
You can [highlight]highlight text[/highlight]! In [highlight=orange]different colors[/highlight] too.

* If your Arena clock is wrong, it's easy to fix.

Profile > Look and Layout > Time Offset: click the autodetect link and then save.

* You can ignore individual fora (forums?) For instance; let's say you have no interest in the Doll house or Littlest Pet Shop at all. Here's what you can do.

Here's how
Profile > Ignore Board Options > Check off the ones you'd like to ignore.

--- NOTE: The boards will still be there and you can still go into it and see all the threads there. However, if you are someone who uses the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of the board, you won't see threads from the ignored forum. Also, if you go to the Index, the ignored forums (fora?) will seem inactive (i.e., you'll see the no new posts image).

* You can also ignore individual topics! Let's say you see a thread that says "[you]'s mother is a goof ball face" [note: we actually wouldn't allow a thread like this - it's just an example] or something else that will really get your goat and your heated replies risk invoking needless mod wrath -- you can ignore it so it will bother you less.

Here's how
--- NOTE: The thread will still be there and you can still go into it and see all the posts in it. You will still see the thread if you go into its forum. However, if you are someone who uses the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of the board, you won't see the ignored thread show up in the list.

Ignoring a topic is a little more complicated, but still fairly simple. First, I believe it requires you to have check boxes.

Profile > Look and Layout > Show quick-moderation as: checkboxes. (I believe it is set a "icons" as default.)

Now then, use that "Show unread posts since last visit" link. When you see that thread you'd wish to ignore, click the little checkbox on the right hand side, and click the "Ignore Topics" button. There is a limit to the total topics you may ignore.

* Hey you, [you]! Yes, you, [you]. I'm talking to you.

How does that work?
How am I managing this? Most everyone knows, but in case you are one of the three newbies who doesn't know, it's the [ you ] tag. :D (sans spaces)

* Do you need to link to someone's profile real fast? You could do it the hard way by looking the member up and linking to their profile. OR, you can do something even faster. The [ uid ] tag. Let me show you. Kiwi is the best member.

codes
Code: [Select]
[uid]Kiwi[/uid]

* Show user posts by certain boards.

You want to see what another member (or even yourself) has posted in a certain board without having to scroll through every single post she or he has made? We have a filter.

Details here
Profile > Show posts > Filter to certain boards: [write down the name of the board here] and then click "Filter".
-----

I can add to this thread as I remember more of the things that the Arena has to offer. Or if I get asked about something. Whichever happens first.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:06:35 AM by SourdoughStomper »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal