collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there an online referance for matching G2 crystals?  (Read 4263 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Re: Is there an online referance for matching G2 crystals?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
I was going to recommend artbeads.com as well - they are great for this kind of thing.

Arg! i just placed an order at fire mountain gems. The smallest packets they had were 12. For one of them i had to get a larger number, forget what it was now. I have a Springdy missing an eye gem. Her eyes look dark red, so i ordered a few different reds---red magma, dark siam amd siam. I figure i can use the extras of the ones that aren't the right color (hopefully one of them is!! ) for craft or customizing projects. Does anyone know what color works for springdy for certain? Also, i decided to try some PP18s as well, because the eye sockets actually aren't flat on the inside, and it sticks in my mind the ones i had from wrennie pooh )to repair hip holly) were pointed, not flat.  It's been a while though, so I might be wrong about that. *makes note of new resource site*

The flat ones are a bit harder to glue (you have to use the right amount of it) but it's plausible to use them. but I agree that the ones which are pointed are better suited. thanks for the tip!

Springdy has the same eye match as Diamond Glow pictured above. i'll take a pic of them in the morning as i'll be at home then. It's definitely neither of the colors you picked I'm afraid :/ I think that the closest match is fuchsia or ruby.

ETA: Here are the promised pictures. Again compared to fuchsia and ruby colors:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I still would go for ruby because it gives the redder deep color of the pink crystal, even though at first glance and in a bit of a shadow, fuchsia is a bit better match. It's really hard to judge and I guess I would have to have the crystals popped out of the eyes and compare them for the Swarovski counterparts to see... Sorry, I can't help much further :( 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 06:21:26 AM »
I was going to recommend artbeads.com as well - they are great for this kind of thing.

Arg! i just placed an order at fire mountain gems. The smallest packets they had were 12. For one of them i had to get a larger number, forget what it was now. I have a Springdy missing an eye gem. Her eyes look dark red, so i ordered a few different reds---red magma, dark siam amd siam. I figure i can use the extras of the ones that aren't the right color (hopefully one of them is!! ) for craft or customizing projects. Does anyone know what color works for springdy for certain? Also, i decided to try some PP18s as well, because the eye sockets actually aren't flat on the inside, and it sticks in my mind the ones i had from wrennie pooh )to repair hip holly) were pointed, not flat.  It's been a while though, so I might be wrong about that. *makes note of new resource site*

You are right that the eyes perhaps suit a pointed back one better but I always struggle with anything other than a flat back. They just seem to sit neater and also when hot gluing there is a better surface area, less likely to leak out :P But I think it all comes down to individual preference.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »

The flat ones are a bit harder to glue (you have to use the right amount of it) but it's plausible to use them. but I agree that the ones which are pointed are better suited. thanks for the tip!

Springdy has the same eye match as Diamond Glow pictured above. i'll take a pic of them in the morning as i'll be at home then. It's definitely neither of the colors you picked I'm afraid :/ I think that the closest match is fuchsia or ruby.

Thanks for the images, though! Even winding up with what will surely be the wrong color for Springdy, at least i have a better idea what to get and a place to order smll amounts now. (Oh, and someone to ask for eye colors lol)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 01:17:06 AM »

Thanks for the images, though! Even winding up with what will surely be the wrong color for Springdy, at least i have a better idea what to get and a place to order smll amounts now. (Oh, and someone to ask for eye colors lol)

Sure! I have a very wide selection of Swarovski crystals and have almost all G2's (minus the variants :drunk: ) so I'll be glad to help if you'll want to see any color matches! Feel free to PM me when needed as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal