collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: need help.. straightening G1 pony legs..  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
need help.. straightening G1 pony legs..
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »
Hey.. i managed to snag a magesty but now she wont stand up.. she cleaned up good but her legs are off..
how can i get this ponys legs straight? ideas? Help?

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: need help.. straightening G1 pony legs..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »
Put a small pebble or any smooth object that widens the distance between the legs until they are in the correct position. Then, what I do is I sit the pony under my heating vent for a little while :)

If the pony's legs are too splayed out, bring them back in with hair ties and do the same. Works for me!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 05:18:50 AM »
thank you both!!
i was able to get her to stand on her own again last night.. tho i had a time of it..
need less to say.. i was up till two.
but n ow shes both lovely and white again and will stand still!!
thanks again for the help!
RP

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
I always pop them in the freezer after using the hot water/hair dryer :) I find it helps them to hold position better.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »
I always pop them in the freezer after using the hot water/hair dryer :) I find it helps them to hold position better.

That's a good idea, I think I'll try that :) I've had a Glittering Gem for years and she just won't stand up. I've put her in hot water and stuck a marker in between her legs (which she would stand just fine like that) I left her like that for a week, but the moment I took the marker out she fell over! I gave up on her but maybe I'll try the freezer thing :P How long do you leave them in the freezer?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 03:30:35 PM »
My ponies with standing problems were also ones that had gone rusty, so I popped their heads off, cleaned them out, then filled the body with boiling water from the kettle (be careful not to overfill it too much, or it'll come out the tail hole and burn you! I learnt the hard way :facepalm: ), stuck pens between the legs and then left it to cool off. After the water was cool I poured it out but left the pony standing with penned legs for another day or so. I can't put ponies in the freezer to "set" their pose so they're still a tiny bit bent and some of them needed to be treated twice over, but they're acceptable now. My Fizzy in particular still had problems with tipsiness so I resorted to putting a marble down one of her back legs - she always tipped to the right, so I put it in the left leg to weigh that side down more. Her wonky leg was 99% fixed but that 1% was juuust enough to let her naturally unbalanced pose tip over, so the marble fixes it.

On another note, she had a bent leg that needed to be held apart both vertically and horizontally, so for the horizontal gap between the front and back legs I had to use a thicker pen to bridge it, like a whiteboard or permanent marker.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

That's a good idea, I think I'll try that :) I've had a Glittering Gem for years and she just won't stand up. I've put her in hot water and stuck a marker in between her legs (which she would stand just fine like that) I left her like that for a week, but the moment I took the marker out she fell over! I gave up on her but maybe I'll try the freezer thing :P How long do you leave them in the freezer?

I always leave them in for a week [and once for an entire summer when I forgot about a Sweet Tooth :P]. That could be over kill but its always worked for me. The one thing I would say is you want to get them into the freezer as soon as possible and ideally when the heat is still in the legs.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal