collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 30939 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »
I'm not really impressed with G4 playsets in general.  G1 and G3 playsets were much larger and roomier, not with rooms that barely have enough room for one pony.  :huh:  I want to see more brushables, hopefully not another mane 6 clone.
  Yes, G4's are just too simple :( , G3's are super high tech :)   music and lights playing ,both sides able to display ponies(in the Celebration Castle  :), I mean the FS G4 fit tightly in the G3 Crystal Rainbow Castle,I love that it  opens itself  from 1 story to 3 stories with a touch of its wand  :)
Even G2's Castle had at least a button with magnets to close and open the door , the areas on the side can move, and can be closed to store it,and  had much more decoration and detail on it than what we get now on these g4's  .
hope they come out eventually with something to surpass the other Generations :)
I love Castles so will probably get this one anyway, Is better than nothing though. (:

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
I'm not particularly fond of it myself. But, maybe kids who aren't into pink, including little boys, would be drawn to it.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
I'm not particularly fond of it myself. But, maybe kids who aren't into pink, including little boys, would be drawn to it.

Well that's a very good point.  I am not a big fan of the colors myself-  but I guess kids probably are drawn to bright colors- and I certainly DON'T object to the castle not being pink- which is the color it probably would have been if not primary colored  (personally I'd prefer castle colored...)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »
I'm excited about the castle.  Not G1 or G3 excited, but it looks better than the other G4 playsets we've seen.  I'm a big fan of any colour other than pink and pastels (I'm just bored of them), so the colour is fine by me.  I guess it's too much to hope that that's a new character that comes with it, right?

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 06:06:12 AM »

Well that's a very good point.  I am not a big fan of the colors myself-  but I guess kids probably are drawn to bright colors- and I certainly DON'T object to the castle not being pink- which is the color it probably would have been if not primary colored  (personally I'd prefer castle colored...)

I find the castle ugly myself. The way the bright colors clash with that periwinkle...If I were to end up getting it, I would either give the castle to my cousin or paint in more.....pastel, or at least make the colors flow.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16:03 PM »
A write-up from the pre-toy fair investor event
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/tfw2005-coverage-of-hasbro-new-york-toy-fair-2014-investor-event-179277/
has little blip about MLP in there
My Little Pony first. Rainbow Power. Rainbow Dash gets her own kingdom; Rainbow Kingdom. Commercial was shown for the My Little Pony: Pop. Second movie; Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks. Footage shown at the presentation. We didn’t get to see it. Sorry for that Bronies.
I think they meant Twilight is the one getting the "Rainbow Kingdom"
There are some pics from the presentation if you scroll down the page.

Also, here's video of parts of the mlp presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ESTySrGoIg#t=19
Talks a bit about mlp over the past year, rainbow power, pop ponies, EqG & Rainbow Rocks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:34:37 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
Yikes... not good news at all... EQG seems to be taking over... Means less and less pony...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
My little sister will love the castle she loves anything brightly colored . Rainbow Dash is her favorite and she's asked for more ponies for her Birthday so I might get her the Flippy Rainbow Dash for her birthday (if she doesn't want something else) and if it isn't horrendously expensive, the castle for Christmas.

Saying that though I was really exited for the Crystal castle and the Crystal princess set to be released and they never showed up over here. But we already have the Rainbow Dash ^.^

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 02:05:44 PM »
Talks a bit about mlp over the past year, rainbow power, pop ponies, EqG & Rainbow Rocks.

I'm looking forward to the MLP Pop stuff. But only because I'm desperate XD
I'd rather make my own characters than buy the Rainbow Six. Oh, btw, somehow I can't believe EQG was the #1 fashion doll during the Christmas season. Mattel said the exact same thing about MH. Lol?

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 02:18:05 PM »
I really hope we'll be seeing more pony shaped ponies. I'm ready for EG to go away already...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 03:37:40 PM »

I'm looking forward to the MLP Pop stuff. But only because I'm desperate XD
I'd rather make my own characters than buy the Rainbow Six. Oh, btw, somehow I can't believe EQG was the #1 fashion doll during the Christmas season. Mattel said the exact same thing about MH. Lol?

*nods* All stats show that the #1 fashion doll for the whole of 2013 and throughout the Christmas period was Monster High. Its a massive and huge success story, the first time Mattel managed to outsell its own Barbie brand. EQG is not even the second biggest seller - that was Disney Princess.

Its a classic case of some numbers being twisted to big up a product and misleading it a little. That and the "Rainbow Dash" castle are why its always helpful to remember investor information events like this are less about the actual products and more about bigging up commercial success.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 03:43:02 PM »
But now I want Rainbow Dash to have her own kingdom! What to do, what to do...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
But now I want Rainbow Dash to have her own kingdom! What to do, what to do...

Wait 12 months...surely by then they will have crowned a new princess? :P

Although I do agree think Rainbow Castle would have been much better for Rainbow Dash.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
Don't really have anything to add to the discussion at the moment.  I just wanted to keep an eye on this thread.  So excited to see what comes out of the toy fair!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 05:41:27 PM »
I'm not really impressed with G4 playsets in general.  G1 and G3 playsets were much larger and roomier, not with rooms that barely have enough room for one pony.  :huh:  I want to see more brushables, hopefully not another mane 6 clone.

i swear  its liekt eh playsets are for the blind bag ponys not the brushables ><

and  i'm sorry to say  any of tte castles are likely to have  the same crappy qauilty that he prevous 2 did adn  not be at all worth the  money.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal