collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31126 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
I agree, we will eventually see pretty much anything on the Hasbro stand at the US Fair. The UK one tends to be a bit more tightly controlled because brands want the US one to be the big reveal and therefore have to be careful at the UK one which traditionally runs the month before.

The US Toy Fair has plenty of toy bloggers and toy/businesses reporters. Some of whom get the Hasbro press release heads up - i.e. Idlehands for example - while others are just industry fans. Hasbro staff are normally happy to allow pictures to be taken and questions to be answered after the first day.

The pony in the playset does look like Luna but with the library you would think it will be Twilight; maybe its a Luna-ised version of the weird hippy winged Twilight who came with last years castle?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 10:54:49 AM »
Not a fan of that "castle". The colors look pretty ugly to me...
Curious to see the actual pony that comes with it though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
OH MY GOSH! The restoration of Luna and Celestia's old castle, Twilight becoming a princess.... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Haha, I think they might be giving a lot away about season 4 with the "Use the friendship keys to unlock a number of magical accessories within the kingdom" part.
Of course it might be like last year's Crystal Palace and not really have anything to do with the show  :P

Wow I thought so too- what a spoiler! 

I wish I liked the castle more- I don't love the coloring.  I do hope it comes with a new pony though- can't really tell what's going on in the picture that we can see (although it does look more like LUna than TS)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »
Time to start a New York Toy Fair thread!

That Rainbow Castle is freakin' huge  :shocked:
I'm guessing the pony there is Twilight even though it's hard to tell and it kinda looks like Luna, but the castle has a library...
Looking like all the Rainbow Power stuff might lead to Twilight is getting her own Rainbow Kingdom?

They keep talking about needing to fix up Luna and Celestia's old castle in the show.  I bet the Rainbow Castle is the Two Sister's castle.  It does have a pretty rocking library :D
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

moonlight twinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »
I love all of these things! Bring on the ponies! (like my house isn't flooded with them already, I swear ponies and unicorns are taking over the world.)

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
I might be the minority but I actually REALLY love this castle and the color scheme! I really like the blue, red, and yellow color scheme of the set, it seems like these colors are more 'regal' and 'royal' for some reason. I also think it's really cute and unique and I can't WAIT to get it!

I wonder what the alicorn is with it? Is it that purple clear crystal twilight prototype toy that we saw a while back? Or maybe finally a blue luna? Looking closely the hair actually looks more like Luna...but I'm really not sure...
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
WOW, loving that Rainbow Castle! The top spiral and banner is very Canterlot castle, the balcony and swing are very Wedding Castle, and the magenta and aqua pieces are very Crystal Palace... it's like all three locations from the show and the toyline rolled into one giant playset :cheer: although less excited to see the giant pricetag that it will no doubt come with :lol:

The pony does look rather like Luna. Twilight doesn't have light blue in her hair in any of the current Rainbow Power toys, but in the show, her crystal transformation in the Empire turned her a little darker purple than usual, and we all know how the toyline is about matching the right purple to the show's depiction. But I'm also intrigued by the transparent plastic used for this pony, maybe we'll finally see those transparent/translucent/pearl body prototypes, Tropical Pinkie and clear Princess Twy come to fruition! But then again, it could be like the Wedding Flower Fillies prototypes and we may never see her again... :huh:

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 03:26:06 AM »
I might be the minority but I actually REALLY love this castle and the color scheme! I really like the blue, red, and yellow color scheme of the set, it seems like these colors are more 'regal' and 'royal' for some reason. I also think it's really cute and unique and I can't WAIT to get it!

I wonder what the alicorn is with it? Is it that purple clear crystal twilight prototype toy that we saw a while back? Or maybe finally a blue luna? Looking closely the hair actually looks more like Luna...but I'm really not sure...
It does look like luna.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 08:36:10 AM »
Booooooring...  how about some new brushables!  I don't want gimmicks at this point!   :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 08:36:52 AM »
OH MY GOSH! The restoration of Luna and Celestia's old castle, Twilight becoming a princess.... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

I can see clearly now... :blink:

Seriously though I agree. :biggrin:

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:28 AM »
Booooooring...  how about some new brushables!  I don't want gimmicks at this point!   :(

Yes, this! It's not like they don't have a bunch of blind bag characters they could choose from ^^;
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 08:50:38 AM »
I'm not really impressed with G4 playsets in general.  G1 and G3 playsets were much larger and roomier, not with rooms that barely have enough room for one pony.  :huh:  I want to see more brushables, hopefully not another mane 6 clone.

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 08:58:41 AM »
Wait, I've seen that pinkie pie in Walmart!!!! Does her other release do the high five thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
Wait, I've seen that pinkie pie in Walmart!!!! Does her other release do the high five thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pinkie and Twilight are out at the moment. I would guess perhaps there is a second wave of them which will mean they are both released with the new character....or the new character is going to come with the stage set which you have to shell out for in order to purchase her.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »
I hate that they make me buy big sets just to get Luna or one other pony. Not a fan of the castle's colors for myeslf but I am loving that slide AND there is always spray paint... I bet I could make over that castle to be Luna's.

Can't wait for more fair pix. There should be some new brushables in at least the new TRU collector's set.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal