collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 30985 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
NY Toy Fair 2014
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:08:57 AM »
Time to start a New York Toy Fair thread!

Idle Hands Blog has put up a bit of info about MLP @ NY Toy Fair
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/01/toy-fair-2014-hefty-sampling-of-hasbros.html

My Little Pony introduces the latest flying Pegasus in Equestria with the Flip and Whirl Rainbow Dash pony and children can also discover the newest Royal Empire with the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom playset. My Little Pony Equestria Girls show that music really does rock with the introduction of the Dolls That Rock collection in spring.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CVxYu1XRFbs/UudaW1ORbMI/AAAAAAAAnus/NGdwID_4iPc/s1600/Toy+Fair+2014+Hasbro+My+Little+Pony+Flip+and+Whirl+Rainbow+Dash+Pony.jpg
My Little Pony Flip and Whirl Rainbow Dash Pony: Ages 3 and up, Available Spring 2014
Teh Fastest flying Pegasus in Equestria loves to show off her adventurous side! This Rainbow Dash figure speaks fun phrases and when put into a seated position springs up into a backflip! Fans can customise their Rainbow Dash figure using the included rainbow stickers, which easily rub onto the figure.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6VFtkuxgtAY/UudaXCVPnlI/AAAAAAAAnuo/9BSviPcNgYI/s1600/Toy+Fair+2014+Hasbro+My+Little+Pony+Friendship+Rainbow+Kingdom+Playset.jpg
My Little Pony Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Playset: Ages 3 and up, Available Autumn 2014
My Little Pony fans can discover the newest royal empire inside the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle Playset, a grand three level palace fit for a pony princess! Use the friendship keys to unlock a number of magical accessories within the kingdom, including a wardrobe, vanity, book, and treasure chest. Pony friends can travel the kingdom in style on the rolling cloud car, taking a ride down a fun swirly slide.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FHRNlAp0NXM/UudaWRoBhSI/AAAAAAAAnuY/iMcf4kfETzQ/s1600/Toy+Fair+2014+Hasbro+My+Little+Pony+Equestria+Girls+Dolls+That+Rock.jpg
My Little Pony Equestria Girls Dolls That Rock: Ages 5 and up, Spring 2014
Fans of the My Little Pony Equestria Girls characters will love to sing alongside their favorite characters with the My Little Pony Equestria Girls Dolls That Rock collection. Kids can make the Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, or Adagio Dazzle dolls high five and each doll will "come to life", singing the My Little Pony Equestria Girls song. Fans can also high-five their dolls and sing along.

That Rainbow Castle is freakin' huge  :shocked:
I'm guessing the pony there is Twilight even though it's hard to tell and it kinda looks like Luna, but the castle has a library...
Looking like all the Rainbow Power stuff might lead to Twilight is getting her own Rainbow Kingdom?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:21:31 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:34 AM »
Geez! That castle! If it's Luna, it's a more show accurate version, which is nice. She sure does look blue.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:37:30 AM »
Liiiibbraarryy <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »
Oh another building that my daughter is going to want......LOL

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:56:08 AM »
I'm kind of interested in who this Adaigo Dazzle is they mention for EQG. It's quite an interesting name. :huh:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
I almost wonder if the name is incorrect. Or alternately, perhaps she's the new antagonist....

That castle is AWESOME! Hate to think how much it will retail for, though.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
I NEED THAT CASTLE! Come'on it has a SLIDE!!! *gimme gimme!* perfect for LPS pets!! :)

Post Merge: January 28, 2014, 08:47:54 AM

Adagio Dazzle? Cant be a mistake, it has the name 'dazzle' and you know how Hasbro just looves to include that word into pony names! x'D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:47:54 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »
I thought it was weird that they would choose such a.. not easily recognizable English word for the name for Adagio but apparently it's a musical term, so that kind of makes sense for a pony in a musical themed group.

Still makes more sense for an older crowd then the usual age group they claim to target.

I'm interested to see what she/he looks like!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »
I gotta say that I'm not loving the castle.

Unsurprisingly- there seem to be far fewer peeks into the NY Toyfair stuff (which is more locked down) than the UK ToyFair. 

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »

Unsurprisingly- there seem to be far fewer peeks into the NY Toyfair stuff (which is more locked down) than the UK ToyFair.
Really? I always felt the NY Toy Fair wasn't as locked down. There were tons of images the last couple of years.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »

Really? I always felt the NY Toy Fair wasn't as locked down. There were tons of images the last couple of years.

It is a lot harder for a regular person to see stuff at the NY Toy Fair-  I think the only people sneaking (and I do mean sneaking) pictures of the stuffs are people with Press passes and credentials- and even those are getting harder to get these days.  I got in with a badge from a toy buyer two years back and saw absolutely nothing...

A family friend is in the toy marketing business and she just told me that ToyFair USED to be the big thing- but now most transactions with the buyers (ie Walmart, Target, etc.) happen by appointment- throughout the year.  Toyfair isn't what it used to be.  And there is a lot more lockdown about new ideas and toys until almost final production because of the terrible problems with toy companies stealing each other's ideas.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if some better photos leak out from some sneaky press person with a stealth camera...

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21:45 AM »

I'm sure there will be many more peeks and pics coming. The fair itself isn't until Feb 16.  ^.^

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »
I follow a tumblr blog of someone who usually ends up going to the Fair (they work for Disney merchandising in New York) so I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 09:46:48 AM »
OH MY GOSH! The restoration of Luna and Celestia's old castle, Twilight becoming a princess.... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
OH MY GOSH! The restoration of Luna and Celestia's old castle, Twilight becoming a princess.... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Haha, I think they might be giving a lot away about season 4 with the "Use the friendship keys to unlock a number of magical accessories within the kingdom" part.
Of course it might be like last year's Crystal Palace and not really have anything to do with the show  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal