collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collectors' Pony Families  (Read 442 times)

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Collectors' Pony Families
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »
 I see online pics and little stories of families they've made with their ponies (Ex. Gusty married Tux and they have two kids, Baby Tiddlywinks and Baby Cotton Candy (not g1 collector so sorry if these aren't accurate)
They are so cute :) How can I start my little pony families? I'm having trouble because I only have G4 and a Fancypants custom.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Re: Collectors' Pony Families
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »
I always thought Applejack was a boy when I was little.  So he and Bowtie were married and they had baby cotton candy.  Butterscotch was sometimes a boy and usually paired with Bluebelle and they had baby ember.  Twilight was married to Slugger and they had Nibbles and Dibbles.  Sometimes Slugger was married to Galaxy and they had no children.  Slugger was kind of a player in our herd lol
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
I always thought Applejack was a boy when I was little.  So he and Bowtie were married and they had baby cotton candy.  Butterscotch was sometimes a boy and usually paired with Bluebelle and they had baby ember.  Twilight was married to Slugger and they had Nibbles and Dibbles.  Sometimes Slugger was married to Galaxy and they had no children.  Slugger was kind of a player in our herd lol
Lol, that's hilarious!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:10 PM »
Not something I do but I think the idea is super cute :) As for your own family...either Fancy Pants and your Princess Luna are going to have to get to the alter or perhaps you could check out sites like Dream Valley and Strawberry Reef for ideas on who would be their perfect partner!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »
I personally ship Applejack/Bow Tie, Applejack/Glory, Firefly/Medley, Galaxy/Night Glider, and sometimes Blossom/Cotton Candy.

Though I'm always open to suggestions!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
Growing up Baby Cuddles was a boy and his mom was Bowtie, I had baby Glory but no Adult Glory so her mom was Windy. And Moonstone was a boy so he was her dad.

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »
Not something I do but I think the idea is super cute :) As for your own family...either Fancy Pants and your Princess Luna are going to have to get to the alter or perhaps you could check out sites like Dream Valley and Strawberry Reef for ideas on who would be their perfect partner!
Twinkleshine and Fancypants are married and the Kimye of Equestria.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
How can I start my little pony families?
Pick up two ponies at random. Hold them next to each other until you have a sense of how they get along. If they don't look right for each other, try again!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »
I just remember some other pairings; Butterscotch/Cotton Candy and Moondancer/Glory.

Exhibit A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGeDc833tg

Exhibit B:

(According to the wiki, this one is literally called "Wedding Prance". Please excuse
my enthusiasm for canon f/f married pones.)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
Pick up two ponies at random. Hold them next to each other until you have a sense of how they get along. If they don't look right for each other, try again!
Agreed with this! That's how my pony families came together :lovey: Also, if you buy in lots or buy a few ponies together at a toy store, flea market, thrift shop etc, take care to notice how some ponies just seem to 'fit together' or 'match each other'. At least three of my pony families were made like this.

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:49 PM »
Agreed with this! That's how my pony families came together :lovey: Also, if you buy in lots or buy a few ponies together at a toy store, flea market, thrift shop etc, take care to notice how some ponies just seem to 'fit together' or 'match each other'. At least three of my pony families were made like this.
Thanks! Now I guess this will be a thread where you can share your little town :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 02:36:48 PM »
Twinkleshine and Fancypants are married and the Kimye of Equestria.

Thats cute :) Maybe you need to a Bachelorette like show for Luna then - she can display with different ponies until you settle on the right one. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »
OMG, I should make the Bachmare! That would be hilarious. I think Ill do it Snowcatcher because I want her to have a family.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
Omgosh, I had an old childhood memory come back to me! LOL I remember playing like that with my ponies but couldn't remember who. Then I read this thread and it just came back to me!
I always had Tic-Tac-Toe & Barnacle get together and that's where her Baby Tic-tac-Toe came from. I had most of the babies and the mommies as a kid and the ones who didn't, were generally found and adopted by other ponies. Buttons was Baby Half-note's mommy, probably because of the movie. lol

the best advice I can give about starting one is just to let your mind play with different options. I like the website idea.
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 02:33:52 AM »
Baby blue Ember used to be a boy when I was a kid (I called him Billie) and he had a crush on the shy, beautiful and deaf princess Kelly (Baby Flicker drink 'n wet). She had an awesome singing voice though :P Anything goes when you are a six year old I guess, lol! I also used adoptions and such in play and I had a Granny pony as well! (French blossom who has a light green colour and white hair).   
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal