collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with G4 doubles?  (Read 283 times)

808pony

• Trade Count: (0)
What to do with G4 doubles?
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »
Okay….we (daughter and I) have so many G4 doubles around here, Rarity has her own army.

Question is, what should we do with them?  I'm not a customizer, and as for trading, they're so common, I don't think anyone would really want them.  They're in really good shape, though, just unboxed/off the card. 

I was kind of leaning towards asking someone to create a 12-animals-of-the-calendar collection, where the ponies would have the cutie mark of the animal year (since this year is Year of the Horse, the cutie mark would be a horse and the Chinese character for it), and re-hair to an *appropriate* color for that animal.  But $ is tight right now, and I don't have the pony funds to commission that….

anyone have any suggestions?  post them here, I'd love to hear them!

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with G4 doubles?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »
If you don't mind parting with them, you could donate them to a homeless/women's shelter. I'm sure they would bring joy to lots of kids! How awesome would it be if in 15 years, someone new comes to the arena saying they got their first MLP at a shelter and fell in love and is now a collector. Ok, maybe far-fetched, but I'm sure the kids would love them!

Or a children's hospital? I'm sure they would appreciate it too!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:21:37 PM »
I guess you don't want to have armies of G4's? :silly:

Donating sounds like a pretty nice idea :)

Some people would still like to buy them, even if they're very common - one, the customizers are usually on a look-out for baits. Then there are ponies which are great rehairing candidates - so you might offer one or two lots for sale anyway. You might not get a lot for them, but it's still a bit of $$. Plus, there are some really, really kind customizers out there which might trade you one simple custom for several baits, you just have to ask.   

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
I either use them for customization or give em away to other FiM fans around my school
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

808pony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
Donating sounds like a good idea.  I was thinking about starting a RAOPK donation drive to give out during the holiday season to children in hospitals during the holidays.  Maybe I'll start collecting the doubles to donate.  Thanks!

...I wonder if anyone on the arena would like to start a RAOPK too, for hospitalized children to have during the holidays.....

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »
I agree with the army idea but otherwise donation is an awesome idea. I give most of my doubles to charity shops - they dont sell them on for much but toys [especially newish ones] are always always popular at charity shops and you would be helping them raise money for their cause.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
Also if you are not concerned about making money off them you could offer them to customizers here for just the cost of shipping.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
I would double check to see how common they are for sure,  "mane 6" ya, common except for FS AJ,  but if they aren't mane six, collectors here might buy them (I've decided that I need another Blossomforth)

but yeah, mane 6, donation to a safe house or charity is good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal