collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom  (Read 9311 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 02:18:26 AM »
MCM I believe the problem here is that your communication was spotty with AJG as soon as a problem arose. The Mod Team was made aware of this situation about a month back, so it was not AJG who drug it out. It was us waiting and being fair that a resolution would be reached before AJG had to make a TS thread, warning members. She was advised to do so as communication had stopped once she sent back the accessories.

I am putting a WARNING out now, keep it civil and to the facts. Thank you!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 02:19:21 AM »
no - no this is not about scamming = this is one huge big pile of misunderstanding that so proves my messaging is so way worse than in person communicating because we cannot get any inflection or body language or any of at least the 75% of non-verbal communication that is helpful in sorting things out

believe me, this is why I didn't become a diplomat = my blunt style does not translate well I agree

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 01:38:01 AM

"I am not a member of the slaughterhouse, or anything like it"

fine, bad reference to early Arena days of which I only know by being unable to open that link...

never said omitting half the story is you lying - again, this is all about proving perspective is not reality.  Each has a viewpoint of what is going on, and it doesn't always match and we are all now trying to sort it out.  Now about your retelling how you remember all that time ago what happened  all I am gonna say to that is that is not how I saw it, each entitled to their opinion and you did your damage as you felt entitled to with my one and only EVER negative rating - so I would think you would be sated at this time, but perhaps not... whatever makes you happy in the end - hope you are happy

so  thank you, Stormy,  for clarifying if it was instead a Spoosh sale = than I apologize for my not remembering and crediting the seller properly.

Here's my philosophy

Two monks walking along a path, one old, one young.  It is morning.  They come to a small river/stream.  Monks are forbidden to touch women.  There is a woman standing at the river bank.  The older monk picks up the woman, carries her across the stream and puts her down.  The two monks then continue on in silence.  At days end, the younger monk states "Why did you carry that woman?"  The older monk replies - " I put her down at the river bank, you are still carrying her."

So I find out now, AJG has been carrying this mess in her head for all these months and so am trying to sort out what she wants me to do, with what I want to do so we can all move forward

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 01:56:13 AM

And YES YOU DID ASK ME FOR THE FULL AMOUNT BACK, and THAT is EXACTLY what you RECEIVED.

after we couldn't come to a partial refund agreement - I agreed to send you the pony back.

You declined the partial refund I offered you 8 months before, and THEN tried to use that against me and bully me into selling you a $50 pony for around $5.  When you could not have your way, THAT was when you decided to force a refund out of me.  I could have said no and told you to leave, but I would rather have kept my precious Blossom than have her feel unwanted.

Yes, I did inspect the pony to make sure it was the right one when I got her, because even before you received your money back, I did a quick search and saw you were buying the same pony 2-3 times over on eBay - the ones you were buying were in disgusting condition.  So, yes, I checked to be certain.
[/color]

OK - now I am calling this out as a fabrication.  I only re-bought an alt pose blossom once - after I returned yours.  True my replacement for $20 is not pristine = she has discoloration in spots, unlike yours. So like I referenced earlier, I have learned that a purple Mexican in that good shape is not an easy find.  We will continue to agree to disagree if that makes her an $80 item and if that was indeed a discount as there are opinions about ebay pricing not always being the best indicator of a true price.  whatever

Applejackgirl, if I were you, I would just count your blessings, accept your losses, and move on.  Don't return a pony or feel you have to do anything you don't want to.  MCM returned Blossom because she felt she overpaid 8 MONTHS after buying (since other ponies of the same type surfaced - gee, I wish I could go back to the 1990s and buy Microsoft stock like that, right?  Or maybe get back all the money I spent on non-winning lottery tickets?), not because I whined about having my Blossom back.

See this was the reason I didn't leave negative feedback - I was thankful that Stormy returned the pony and am glad to hear she found her a good home as that admittedly had been her lament that now I had ruined her chances of reselling it.

No worries, honey!  I NEVER lamented the fact that I could not sell her for as much.  I merely pointed that out to you as a warning for the future, since many other sellers would have simply ended communication with you and not honored a return.  But I back my ponies to the millionth degree...

At any rate, whatever happens happens - I guess we'll have to wait to read AJGs comments here

Sorry I was typing this out before I saw the warning!  AJG, I am so sorry for you - I feel for you through all of this.  Please post soon!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:22:31 AM by Stormy31685 »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 02:20:34 AM »
OK now I am lost - what issues am I dancing around?

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 02:24:34 AM

You declined the partial refund I offered you 8 months before, and THEN tried to use that against me and bully me into selling you a $50 pony for around $5.  When you could not have your way, THAT was when you decided to force a refund out of me.  I could have said no and told you to leave, but I would rather have kept my precious Blossom than have her feel unwanted

oh geesh, is this how you remember it??  I don't even remember declining a refund and the item later was an edgar I was asking you to sell to me for $25 so I have no clue where you remember it was $5

see pony peeps how all this misunderstanding can occur?  Geesh, your blossom was never unwanted I was just a scared noobie who felt I had been snookered because of my ignorance but was at least thankful you honored a return and then really prayed you wouldn't be hurt if you later resold her which is why there was only positive / neutral stuff on the boards here to my recalling it... but at any rate, I think we can all say we are older/wiser now

oh and I never meant you to feel forced as you had every right to say you weren't accepting returns / my loss and I would still not have posted a negative and just written it off as a good learning experience.  I would not have sent anything to mods and complained on the trader boards. 

So my position has always been I asked you to return and get a refund and you agreed = no one forced anyone for anything I thought we were settling and it was all good but apparently it wasn't... so my apologies as I never meant for you to STILL feel hurt and all twisted up over this
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:34:54 AM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 02:31:09 AM »
OK now I am lost - what issues am I dancing around?

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 02:24:34 AM

You declined the partial refund I offered you 8 months before, and THEN tried to use that against me and bully me into selling you a $50 pony for around $5.  When you could not have your way, THAT was when you decided to force a refund out of me.  I could have said no and told you to leave, but I would rather have kept my precious Blossom than have her feel unwanted

oh geesh, is this how you remember it??  I don't even remember declining a refund and the item later was an edgar I was asking you to sell to me for $25 so I have no clue where you remember it was $5

see pony peeps how all this misunderstanding can occur?  Geesh, your blossom was never unwanted I was just a scared noobie who felt I had been snookered because of my ignorance but was at least thankful you honored a return and then really prayed you wouldn't be hurt if you later resold her which is why there was only positive / neutral stuff on the boards here to my recalling it... but at any rate, I think we can all say we are older/wiser now

Just so you know I would never lie to you, here is the PM where you offered me $5 for the shipping:

heya :-)

well I know I kinda left the whole mexican blossom rehair issue for a bit... and again don't think you are anything but an honest seller and I do like her nonetheless but still hoping for a small deduction off that transaction since it was pretty much confirmed she's a likely rehair = used vintage tail hair probably, but still...

so ginaiam over at TP (and maybe here?) likes edgar and I would l-o-v-e to send a little ROAPK her way and so hoping = would you consider my offer to pay for your ship costs if you would pull your edgar from ebay and mail it to Gina?  I'd be happy with that as my discount on the mexican blossom and it'd make my day as much as I am hoping to surprise Gina since she gave me a pick-me-up phonecall not too long ago

So let me know if that is acceptable and  I can send you over her mail addy and gift to paypal for $5 - hoping that would cover fees etc.

thanks and I know it's not a regular sale so thanks for considering :-)

Monica

You were never "snookered," and it was never concluded that she was a rehair.

Now deal with your CURRENT issues...  This transaction was closed the instant you got your money back.

Mods, I apologize for not staying on topic.  And I will do so from now on...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:35:38 AM by Stormy31685 »

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 02:38:23 AM »
oh that is from me saying the edgar was $25 and here is $5 to cover shipping since I was still thinking we were negotiating a partial refund from the blossom I was willing to find a pony item to offset the discount. 

Fine you didn't want to sell that item for that amount and consider that as a solution.  Again, boy do I see how all this got twisted into a big ball of unnecessary hurt ... wow on seeing how different our understanding was/is

I never said you snookered me - I felt - please understand it was just how I felt / not you caused anything.

Honestly, for all interested  a wonderful philosophy to try is from Byron Katie =

"Is that thought true?"

"Can I know for certain (100%) that thought is true?"  (hint - answer is no)

"Where would I be without that thought?"

This situation so exemplifies how our thoughts mucked things up
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:41:26 AM by maycrestmom »

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 02:47:47 AM »
Before this thread gets locked, I'd like to make a "constructive criticism" suggestion. If anyone (buyer or seller) feels that money mistakes are being made, the best way to hand this is to write out clear terms from the start. MCM, please don't take offense to this, but your style of writing can be difficult to read & understand. Maybe if you try putting the sale details in a list, it will help both sides in future transactions, and there will be no room for mistakes on either side, be they price, ponies included, or shipping terms.

For example:

SALE DETAILS:
Pony A - $425
Hat - $10
Pony B - $5
Pony C - $5
Shipping (first class with DC & insurance) - $5
Total owed - $450

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Jan 1st - $100
Jan 14th - $100
Jan 31st - $100
Feb 14th - $100
Feb 28th - $50 ...final payment

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 03:00:43 AM »
oh that is from me saying the edgar was $25 and here is $5 to cover shipping since I was still thinking we were negotiating a partial refund from the blossom I was willing to find a pony item to offset the discount. 

Fine you didn't want to sell that item for that amount and consider that as a solution.  Again, boy do I see how all this got twisted into a big ball of unnecessary hurt ... wow on seeing how different our understanding was/is

I never said you snookered me - I felt - please understand it was just how I felt / not you caused anything.

Honestly, for all interested  a wonderful philosophy to try is from Byron Katie =

"Is that thought true?"

"Can I know for certain (100%) that thought is true?"  (hint - answer is no)

"Where would I be without that thought?"

This situation so exemplifies how our thoughts mucked things up

Nope, Edgar was listed for around $50.  hat was your very first message to me.  No offer to send me $25.

Here was my reply:

Hello!

That is so sweet of you to want to buy a gift for your friend!  I am happy to work with you.  I re-read the thread about the rehair concern, and was thinking that maybe we could work something out with a discount for him?  The general consensus on a discount (if Blossom had truly been a rehair) was about $15-20.  So, how about I take $20 off of Edgar for you?  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Christina

It was NOT confirmed, and in fact was denied by some more seasoned nirvana collectors, that Blossom was a rehair, but I did not want to have you feel sorry for a purchase you made, so I foolishly let it go.  And here was your valuation of where you thought $5 would be a fair offer:

heya Christina -
yep, thanks for checking up on archives, as it seems the consensus was it was a rehair which at least it was a good job of...
I was thinking edgar was more a $20ish kinda pony friend so I was thinking it was a wash in terms of a $20 discount and offering to pay for your shipping and all ...but that's Ok = don't want to break your bank
So I don't mind to keep it simple and give you the chance to make a profit on him as yours is in better than average condition = so I'm be fine with just a $20 credit and we'll call it even/done on the blossom deal and I'll takes my chances on just buying him for that amount elsewhere...
So let me know if just a $20 refund on paypal is fine by you 
thanks so much
Monica

In the case with AJG, you probably did make all the promises to her she thinks you did, but you later thought things that happened did not, and made things up as you go along.  You have proven yourself good with one transaction at a time, but anything that occurs over time or becomes frustrating, seems to shed or alter details with you.  This is the proof right here.

AJG is right to have posted here, and it seems to me you owe her some stuff, so work it out.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:03:03 AM by Stormy31685 »

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 06:19:04 AM »
Kitkatvantage left some great advice. MCM, you've outright admitted to being "bad at math," having trouble communicating, and have also admitted to mis-remembering things numerous times. As a seller, these are things you need to be comfortable with: even if it means you document everything; even if it means repeating yourself to the seller. If you are going to continue to sell ponies, you HAVE to find ways to make it easier on yourself. It'd save a lot of headaches like this one.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 06:55:55 AM »
For what little it may effect the situation I know Maycrestmom and have met her many times in person and completed several transactions with her.
She's very sweet and kind and I have no doubt she will take care of any problems in any of her transactions if she is aware of them. It takes a little while for her to respond sometimes but she is an awesome person. I know you two will work everything out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:45:57 AM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
Seems to me like you keep avoiding dealing with the issue at hand. AJG has come on here and given her experience of the transaction and is giving you the option to tell your side of things and clear the air but you just seem to point the finger at everyone else instead of taking responsibility for your actions within the trade. You keep saying 'maybe I should post the pm's' to show how things happened but so far still nothing. The pm's would help to clear alot of this up. And to be honest some of the comments do come across a bit bullyish.......

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »
I have also heard from two fellow members, privately, who also had issues during transactions with MCM.  Airing issues on a thread like this makes you open to further unpleasant comments, so it is no surprise these other members are discussing their grievances elsewhere.  I have alerted the MODs as Stormy did.  The point of this was to alert others before they enter into a transaction blindly.  Both of the members did express they felt being pushed around during the transaction, which is one of the elements that I also experienced.  Regarding the ebay transaction, you never said, can we move the sales over to ebay so you can accept my lower offer, you said:

To: thebrain79
Subject: Re: Combined shipping: shoppergrrrl sent a message about My Little Pony Vintage Cookery Pony Apron HTF Adorable Accessory #271336400122
Sent Date: Dec-02-13 14:14:01 PST

Dear thebrain79,

heya Christina!! gosh I feel like an idiot = we are both arena (need a blush emoticon here) = so I totally boffed on connecting applejackgirl to your ebay account I am so so sorry! Hey, did you want to just go through an arena sale? I will be happy to spare you the ebay fees in that case and buy those three items = stamp, dragon and apron thru the arena if you prefer, your call. No pressure of course if you like to keep your ebay sales as strictly ebay, I can always use the ebay bucks you know ;-)

anyhow = didn't mean to leave you hanging on the counter, but glad I figured it out when you posted over at nirvana board and darn! totally missed your argie moondancer = would you happen to have a blue one about?? I was looking for those loose with good symbols/hair

and oh yah - did you sell princess moonbob?? My mexi prince is looking for that variant "bride" if she's available lemme know as again = happy to buy through arena from you

all the best with your sales where ever they are :)

Monica

- shoppergrrrl

You also did not ask me pull the listing, you also knew that I countered you as you said you did not mean to leave me hanging.  I responded with the message below.  I did not say anything about accepting you offer, pulling the listing, or anything like that. 

Dear shoppergrrrl,

Hello there,

That is thoughtful of you to offer to complete elsewhere, that is fine. K****** bought her off site as well to spare me some funds. I don't have any other argie babies to sell right now. I have a baby Applejack and Posey but I am keeping those for a while longer. The only other nirvanas that will be coming up soon is a Dutch Candy, Peru bait Blossom (I wanted one from every country when I had a Blossom army), a Mexi Sundae best pony, and I think that is it for right now. Let me know when you are finished shopping. Talk with you soon.

Christina

- thebrain79

So I received the money, let you know I was still expecting the additional $5 for Spike, and received another message from you.  Yes, it upset me.  This is what I and others are getting at with your unhelpful communication.  It was more than a little snip at me and it was more than I would tolerate. 

Re: Other: shoppergrrrl sent a message about My Little Pony Vintage Moondancer Stamp Unopened Pretty Merchandise! #271336417665
Sent:  Dec-03-13 08:26 PM

Dear thebrain79,

hey Christina - nothing like down to the last nickles than = $5 sent to paypal... guess no good deed goes unpunished you couldn't of pulled that listing? Can you please send me the request to cancel the other purchases I don't want to get in trouble looking like a non-paying buyer when I was trying to be nice dealing with fellow arena and I'm sure you don't want final value fees charged etc.

thanks much

M

- shoppergrrrl

Now, about the Princess transaction.  So I receive the package and PM you on 10/16/13 to let you know the difficulty, sent another messages on 11/2 with a response on 11/2.  I wrote again on 11/2 and then 11/9 with a reply on 11/12 to let me know you got the accessories back.  So you contend that you did not have enough time to get this sorted out, that I did not give you an opportunity to fix this before going to the board, but MCM, how much longer did you need?  You may not get on every day but I know for certain you posted on the Arena on 11/8, 11/5, 11/4, 11/3, 10/23, and 10/21.  Those are just the posts, mind you.  I saw my PM's being read but not responded to.  I would see you be logged in and not get any messages back.    I think it is interesting that you, MCM, have tried to belittle me saying that I am bringing up an old transaction from the summer but I as the buyer was still actively seeking a resolution just a couple months ago. 

Now for those of you reading this thread I have heard this has gotten very confusing, and I agree, but it is for the reason Stormy has pointed out, MCM changes details/her version.  MCM, you said you bought this pony for $425 and another for $500 and that I got a steal.  Well, let's evaluate that statement.  So, the $425 pony came with accessories and a dragon?  So you resold the pony to me less the accessories and the dragon for $425 and you have been shorted?  I was okay with paying a little more than you did as I was excited for the accessories and I would not have to be bidding on an open market again.  So how was this a steal again?  You kept the dragon which goes for how much?  You also have the accessories which you can sell for how much?  You have not lost out. The bay link is in her message below, I have included the picture from the auction since it is so old an then the pony and accessories I received secondly. (the exchange rate has risen, just so you know they do it for current exchange, the rate is not frozen to the time of the sale):

So you have been collecting very rare and expensive princess variants and you are trying to let on that you did not discern the hat was different until I wrote you?  This is what you want me to believe?  You wrote this message to me:

Re: have a GITD princess for you :-)
« Sent to: Applejackgirl on: August 05, 2013, 03:01:08 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

Delete

heya cool :-)

just want to be sure  since I don't know if keeping set as close to original matters - the one on the right came originally from the seller with the accessories

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330949653290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

so I will be happy to send her back in that exact shape and she will have her original stuff - she also came with a scarf around her neck not in the picture that the seller said she thought she remembered was original too = so I can send that along

but if you don't mind the swap out = I am fine to send you the fiskycat GITD with accessories and you can then pair her up with your red dragon and it's all good to me

and payments now/tomorrow and the 15th are fine

yay :-) glad to know another UK princess is happy in an arena-member home :-)

oh before I forget did you want to skip on the other regular princesses?  no pressure - realize it's after the fair and all

Monica

So that was pretty explicit, you could send those items as well, wouldn't you agree MCM? 

The reason you are unwilling to work with me or respond to my needs as a buyer was because I sent the money to you as a gift.  I can be upset about this all I want but you really don't care because you got your pony paid for and the accessories as a free gift to you and I cannot pull any of those monies back.  This is the lesson for all the other members out there.  So now what would you like to say, MCM?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:38:22 AM by Applejackgirl »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2014, 11:32:23 AM »
Seems to me like you keep avoiding dealing with the issue at hand. AJG has come on here and given her experience of the transaction and is giving you the option to tell your side of things and clear the air but you just seem to point the finger at everyone else instead of taking responsibility for your actions within the trade. You keep saying 'maybe I should post the pm's' to show how things happened but so far still nothing. The pm's would help to clear alot of this up. And to be honest some of the comments do come across a bit bullyish.......

To answer your question MCM, what Stormpony said in the quote above is what I meant when I said it appears as though you're dancing around the issue. The constant bickering with another member about a transaction that has nothing to do with this one, or inserting favourite quotes or mantras to live by, do nothing more than confuse the issue further.

I'm not trying to attack you, much like others on the arena, I would just like to see this resolved. I was simply pointing out that although you've offered to share your side as well as PM's, you still really haven't done either, not to mention how some of your responses come across as standoffish.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »
OK still trying to process as I am getting bullied by two pro sellers here -

The $525 GITD had the accessories. So please do not confuse the situation further AJG  I didn't buy the Spoosh GITD.  I won one without accessories for $425 and with shipping comes to $435.  I won the second that had accessories for $525 and shipping so $535.  So I am going off of your original comment to me in July

:) I am on the fence about the accessories, not a huge deal for me

and sorry to surprise you, but yah, I can be into nirvana and not all anal perceptive... sorry I am a big picture not a little detail person.  So yes, I honestly got the hats wrong as until I really look at something  it all looks the same.  Seriously I am not a picky collector.  You can imply what you want, but folks who know me, know that I am not one to have thought this whole thing out like some chess game to screw you since you paid as a gift option... so wow, hadn't even occurred to me you were gonna go the level of a paypal claim over this misunderstanding?  Take the pony and then my money when you aren't happy?  And so you are pissed that option is off the table?

So I guess now I will use your similar tact how I "never asked" explicitly for you to take the listing down so you didn't.    Well no, you never asked me specifically - you merely said you didn't need a dragon - in regards to exactly what accessories.  So you got accessories and no dragon.

So to AJG and Stormy I am always to meet my implied "promise" but I am never to have similar assumptions of them if I am not explicit = so how is that fair?

And it is fine for AJG to twist facts and make up a story but I cannot have a different viewpoint that may be equally valid... ok, this is not how to solve a problem.  I am usually a meet in the middle kind of person.  I am not all about the wrestle and take down to the mat = is that how you see this?  Can we agree that this situation is all kinda shades of gray but we are both good people?  Or are you sticking to the AJG - a well seasoned seller and actually a much more adept nirvana collector in this community - is a pure victim all the way around?  really...

I will agree I cannot expect you to read my mind, I apologize for my feeling a bit hurt and blurting that out in regards to finishing our ebay transaction.  But honestly, the simple response AJG would have been to post  back to me directly like what you did  above that you didn't pull the listing since I didn't ask and I would've said, "yep you're right, I'm sorry I snapped - it's only $5 = good for you."  And hopefully you would've realized that yah, why get so wrapped up in something that is past?

Oh and for the psychological attack of implied gossip elsewhere and "alerting the mods" - really?  Folks who deal with me in person and here know that my biggest fault is at first jumping to conclusions but with a bit of discussing things I am an overall easy-going person and like to problem solve so we are all happy in the end, like I said = we deal with toys so my general view is if it ain't fun, I wouldn't be here. 

The problem with these posts/this forum is that the conversation cannot occur because so much is said and not replied to, other folks join in, sidetracks occur and in the end - now I see what mikeysgirl was saying = it seems we are all just dancing.

To me, you are not a big accessories person.  You got a $425 item I paid $435 for same.  You then made 3 sales and netted more than ebay would've given you since I paid as a gift option. 

Admittedly I got a bit scared when you hadn't closed the other two purchases and I had already sent over gift money so I had a flash worry of this might get ugly if you wanted to screw me.  So that was my frame of mind when I joked/poked "no good deed" - guess this is my karma payback?   But I am still not seeing how you are so hurt other than feelings at the end of 2013.  And I cannot solve anything going on in your head...

guess if you wanted folks to see laundry out to dry - you accomplished that ;-) anything else?  (please know I am not trying to be mean, I swear this is where I just know words are limited and not able to really communicate well)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2014, 12:15:40 AM »
I think the bottom line here is that when 2 people buy & sell together, and the buyer is sent a picture of specific items, a price is set, and the money is paid, then the buyer should receive exactly what was pictured & agreed upon from the start.

What the seller originally paid for the items (be that higher or lower than the agreed upon price), has nothing to do with the seller NOT sending exactly what was purchased.

This statement is not meant to be perceived as "bullying". This is a simple matter of being a reliable seller. I'm sorry that you two are caught up in this mess, but all of these extra details are not helping to reach a solution. Either those very specific accessories need to be sent to AJG or a partial refund of their value needs to be sent. Withholding them because you were not previously aware of their value reflects very poorly on your reliability as a seller, MCM.

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2014, 02:08:52 AM »
OK still trying to process as I am getting bullied by two pro sellers here -

No, sweetheart, no one bullied YOU.  And the very essence of what makes anyone a "pro seller" is their willingness to make things right and own up to their responsibilities as a seller.

:) I am on the fence about the accessories, not a huge deal for me

and sorry to surprise you, but yah, I can be into nirvana and not all anal perceptive... sorry I am a big picture not a little detail person.  So yes, I honestly got the hats wrong as until I really look at something  it all looks the same.  Seriously I am not a picky collector. 

If you are not a picky collector, then why did you go on a rehair witchhunt with the pony I sold you, and whine about two very small purple marks on a purple pony and hassle me into a return 8 months later over it? 

AJG wanting the CORRECT Accessories, that YOU agreed to sell her, is not being PICKY.  Send them.  She paid for them. 

You can imply what you want, but folks who know me, know that I am not one to have thought this whole thing out like some chess game to screw you since you paid as a gift option... so wow, hadn't even occurred to me you were gonna go the level of a paypal claim over this misunderstanding? 
Take the pony and then my money when you aren't happy?  And so you are pissed that option is off the table?

It would appear that your lack of response and concern for AJG getting what she paid for suggests you may have been hiding behind the fact that she cannot do anything about a gift payment.  No one is calling you a theif, but perhaps a case opened would have gotten your attention better than the ignored PMs.

So I guess now I will use your similar tact how I "never asked" explicitly for you to take the listing down so you didn't.    Well no, you never asked me specifically - you merely said you didn't need a dragon - in regards to exactly what accessories.  So you got accessories and no dragon.

So to AJG and Stormy I am always to meet my implied "promise" but I am never to have similar assumptions of them if I am not explicit = so how is that fair?

And it is fine for AJG to twist facts and make up a story but I cannot have a different viewpoint that may be equally valid... ok, this is not how to solve a problem.  I am usually a meet in the middle kind of person.  I am not all about the wrestle and take down to the mat = is that how you see this?  Can we agree that this situation is all kinda shades of gray but we are both good people?  Or are you sticking to the AJG - a well seasoned seller and actually a much more adept nirvana collector in this community - is a pure victim all the way around?  really...

Please stop with the pity party already!  You could have avoided all this mess if you had just either sent the accessories you promised, and the other princess ponies you promised, or if you felt like you were owed some more money, told AJG where to send it, so she could get what she was supposed to!

Yes, sellers get rotten buyers from time to time, but that really does not seem like the case here. 

I will agree I cannot expect you to read my mind, I apologize for my feeling a bit hurt and blurting that out in regards to finishing our ebay transaction.  But honestly, the simple response AJG would have been to post  back to me directly like what you did  above that you didn't pull the listing since I didn't ask and I would've said, "yep you're right, I'm sorry I snapped - it's only $5 = good for you."  And hopefully you would've realized that yah, why get so wrapped up in something that is past?

Okay, so when you were the buyer of AJG's items, even though there was a misunderstanding, and she did not want to lose $5, did she not end up sending you ALL the items you asked for and paid for anyway?  It makes no sense that you would act this way as a seller to her.

Oh and for the psychological attack of implied gossip elsewhere and "alerting the mods" - really?  Folks who deal with me in person and here know that my biggest fault is at first jumping to conclusions but with a bit of discussing things I am an overall easy-going person and like to problem solve so we are all happy in the end, like I said = we deal with toys so my general view is if it ain't fun, I wouldn't be here. 

I would LOVE to see the fun and easygoing side of you!  None of these are meant to be "psychological attacks," they are truth.  This is supposed to be a call for you to spring to action and hold up your end of a deal.  You were given the opportunity in private to do so, and you did not.  So, this thread comes about, and you are STILL ignoring the issue.

The problem with these posts/this forum is that the conversation cannot occur because so much is said and not replied to, other folks join in, sidetracks occur and in the end - now I see what mikeysgirl was saying = it seems we are all just dancing.

My sidetrack, I do apologize for, but I was not going to sit here and read, and not call you out when you are contradicting yourself.  You should not have expectations of others that you are unable or unwilling to have of yourself.  Nor should you point out mistakes in others that you are guilty of.

To me, you are not a big accessories person.  You got a $425 item I paid $435 for same.  You then made 3 sales and netted more than ebay would've given you since I paid as a gift option. 

Any value here or money made or not made is completely IRRELEVANT.  I have no idea why this has even been brought up!?  AJG is a COLLECTOR.  She wanted a PONY and some ACCESSORIES to go with it!  You think sellers don't have a few ponies for themselves?  So a pony's selling price after you have sold it to another person is completely none of your business.

Admittedly I got a bit scared when you hadn't closed the other two purchases and I had already sent over gift money so I had a flash worry of this might get ugly if you wanted to screw me.  So that was my frame of mind when I joked/poked "no good deed" - guess this is my karma payback?   But I am still not seeing how you are so hurt other than feelings at the end of 2013.  And I cannot solve anything going on in your head...

guess if you wanted folks to see laundry out to dry - you accomplished that ;-) anything else?  (please know I am not trying to be mean, I swear this is where I just know words are limited and not able to really communicate well)

You may have worried for 5 seconds, but you received EXACTLY what you paid for from AJG.  Why are you not returning the favor?

This would be over completely if you either:

1.  Supplied proof of any error on AJG's end,

OR

2.  Admit you may have been a bit careless and send the items you owe AJG

It is that simple.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal