collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom  (Read 9302 times)

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
Hello all,

I have been encouraged to bring to light some difficulties in dealing with this member.  MCM contacted me back in July about a princess variant she was going to sell.  She bought duplicate ponies as she wanted to make sure at least one of the two made it to her and then they both arrived.  I was very happy that she approached me to buy her VHTF pony.  Honestly I had bid against her on one if not both of them, but I was still eager to get a second chance.  The pony is a very expensive variant, ranging in price currently from $400 - $500.  I did not have that much money available so I asked if she would accept payments, which she would, so we continued to negotiate.  She sent me pictures of both to pick from and one had original princess variant accessories and one did not, otherwise they were in nearly the same condition.  I personally liked the pony that did not come with the accessories and wanted the accessories from the other pony.  She also had some bait princesses so we added those together and agreed on a rough payment schedule.  I did have some delays on my end, but I communicated with her and quickly returned any messages I received.  I sent all the funds as a gift as MCM is very prominent on the nirvana board and I trusted everything would be okay.  She also kept track of the payments and what I still owed her, which I sent a final payment early October.  She sent my package which did not include insurance and failed to provide  me with tracking, but the envelope made it safely to my mailbox.  There was only one pony in the bag and the accessories were normal accessories looking nearly identical to the variant ones (with some subtle differences that took some looking to pick up on).  I was disappointed as I was expecting something different.  So I wrote MCM right away so we could sort it out.  She did not respond.  I wrote again.  She then informed me she lost track of the payments and that I still owed money to get the correct accessories and baits.  I wrote her back to try and confirm what was needed to settle the transaction.  No response.  So I wrote her again and said I was sending the incorrect accessories back to her and asked if she could send the right ones to me and forget about the baits.  No response. I believe I had to write her again to which she then finally did write me and told me she received the accessories and that the transaction was concluded.  She expressed frustration about the ponies I had just put on ebay because I did not trade them to her.  The message did not offer to make the transaction right for me at all.  I was very upset and decided to let the matter rest until I could gather my thoughts and not make any hasty statements.   After waiting a while I thought maybe I would just put the whole thing behind me.  Afterall I did get the princess and she was nice.  I made up my mind to not ever do any further transactions with her and that would be all.

Well, not quite.  I have been selling on ebay and MCM bought a couple items from me and offered on another.  She sent me a message and from her grammatical style I knew it was her.  She then figured out it was me when I updated my sales post here on the Arena.  She then messaged me again to ask if I wanted to take the sales off of ebay and just go straight through paypal to save some money.  I thanked her for her thoughtfulness and resigned myself to completing another transaction.  MCM had offered on my MO Spike less than what I wanted for him so I countered back to her. What I had failed to realize was that MCM wanted to save herself money, not me.  She wanted me to take the sales off of ebay to offset the fees I would thereby accept her lower offer.  She did not explicitly say this, of course, she tried to make it seem like she was doing me a favor when she was trying to help herself.  The realized this when I received a payment through paypal for the two items she bought and the amount she offered on Spike, not what I countered.  I thought for a moment of letting it go as the difference was about $5 but if I wanted to sell him for that I would have accepted her offer originally.  So I messaged  MCM and asked her if she had seen the counter offer and asked her to remit the difference (giving her a benefit of a doubt that maybe she missed it).  I still had him on ebay and received an offer of what I was willing to accept, so messaged MCM again and told her it was no big deal if she wanted to pass on him I would refund that portion as I did get another offer.  I then received a message back putting me down for wanting such a small amount and berating me for having him listed still.  I had never been unkind to MCM and then for her to speak to me again that way left me beyond upset.  I dispatched her items as I am true to my end of a transaction, sent her tracking along with a very honest message expressing my feelings about our transactions.  I never received a response.

So I also shared my experiences with others and was convinced to bring this to the community so that others can make informed decisions when dealing with MCM.  To date I have not left feedback as I was trying to settle on what exactly it deserved.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Concerns regarding Maycrestmom
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »
Thank you for posting AJG! I am sure it was not easy for you to have to come forward and tell your story.  :hug:

Hopefully MCM will perhaps come here and explain what took place from her perspective.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »
:hug:  I know that was not an easy thing for you to post about, as Ponylady also said -  but I truly believe you did the right thing posting about your concerns and the transactions , comversations etc you and MCM had , and the final outcome :bigups:  .  This thread will give MCM chance to come and explain and maybe work things out with you :)   . If she decides not to respond, then it will let others know about any potential problems when dealing with her.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
holy wow this was for an ebay transaction almost a month ago?! Ok - so happy new year to you to ?!  do you want me to dredge up the GITD princess mess ?! from like the summer ?! and now mix it up with something from ebay that you benefitted from in the end?

I was on here to update I got my Spanish transaction sorted out... and I stumble into this mess.  Great - I'll start posting our conversation comments if need be to clear up your misunderstandings but I had no idea after what I thought was a fine enough ebay deal that this was how you would repay your saving on ebay fees when what I had offered originally was better than your ebay net while not as expensive as your ebay sale.  So yah, I was offering a win-win and you turned it into a only-good-for-you take it or leave it deal.... whatever, you apparently are all business = fine.  But to comment months later?  I don't get this at all

sad

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »
holy wow this was for an ebay transaction almost a month ago?! Ok - so happy new year to you to ?!  do you want me to dredge up the GITD princess mess ?! from like the summer ?! and now mix it up with something from ebay that you benefitted from in the end?

I was on here to update I got my Spanish transaction sorted out... and I stumble into this mess.  Great - I'll start posting our conversation comments if need be to clear up your misunderstandings but I had no idea after what I thought was a fine enough ebay deal that this was how you would repay your saving on ebay fees when what I had offered originally was better than your ebay net while not as expensive as your ebay sale.  So yah, I was offering a win-win and you turned it into a only-good-for-you take it or leave it deal.... whatever, you apparently are all business = fine.  But to comment months later?  I don't get this at all

sad
I don't think she meant it to be accusatory. I think she just wanted to get things out into the air and give both of you the chance to share your side. But I don't think hasty comments like "sad" and "happy new year to you to?" are very productive. Personally, I'd love to hear both sides of the story in a calm and respectful manner.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »
I am so sorry for you both because I think you're both awesome people :hug:

That said, Applejackgirl, thank you for coming forward and posting this - I read your thread yesterday and was surprised to hear that you had any problems with maycrestmom, but at the same time it sometimes happens to even the best ones around to make mistakes. I hope this will help resolve the matter between you two - even if simply explaining what had truly happened and if anyone has been taken advantage of, as it does seem from your story that your kindness and good faith got abused.

That said, maycrestmom, I agree with what mkia9 said - I think Applejackgirl mostly wanted to inform the community about a bad experience and at the same time give you an opportunity to explain how things looked from your side - there is always room for you to show your perspective and interpretation of events. She claims you wanted to mostly benefit from the transaction - well, to be honest, I think it's a normal behaviour and nothing accusatory at all - everyone wants to make a good deal knowing what their funds are - and you claim you wanted to do her a favour and that she benefited more than you... Truthfully I think you are both right on this matter and that's just how you interpreted the transaction. From what I read, AJG tried to appear calm and informative, but you went very defensive and with the comments about 'happy new year' and saying it's not an mutual misunderstanding but one on AJG's side... It leaves a bad taste in one's mouth :( MCM, take your time to calm down and try to describe the situation, okay? :hug: Misunderstandings happen but it's important to settle them, even months after.

In my opinion bringing a matter into the light, even long after a transaction was made, is still an important thing to do - the perspective of months gives all parties involved a time to calm down and think about the transaction without hasty feelings.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »

sad

MCM, honey, you have come back and requested a refund from me on a pony you bought AFTER 8 months, and I honored the refund!  So, one month is not outlandish to bring to light any matters.

If you intend to continue collecting ponies (particularly the high-dollar ones you are so fond of), it might be wise to listen to a little constructive criticism.  We all make mistakes, but we must learn from them, and try to see things from the other side, rather than just filtering through and hearing or reading only opinions that support what we want. 

I honestly have to say, I have had more than one person come to me in a trade or sale situation, only to find out you left someone on the hook with a very expensive pony he or she did not need or want.  You are probably fortunate that this is only the first time you have been brought up in this forum, so yes, you should post the conversations and give others an opportunity to see what happened - you might learn something, or we might.

And, a side note to ALL collectors, new and old, PLEASE start doing a little more research on who your trading partners are.  It saddens me to see all these threads here about situations that look like they could have been avoided if there had just been a little more digging done!

And Applejackgirl, sweetie, I am very sorry you have had a rough time with this.  I hope there will be a silver lining for both of you.

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »
Coming on here to only belittle and rant about the situation does nothing to help your situation. You should post the conversation thread so as to shed complete light over it and make it so that there is no bias. Having a tantrum like a child helps neither party

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 07:16:07 PM »
I agree. We are a community and communication and honesty should be encouraged. The OP should not be guilt-tripped for making this thread - if you do not agree with what is said, then counter it with arguments for all to see.

It is so important for people to share their bad experiences (as we've all learned a few months ago with another member), and if you truly are a good trader all in all, I'm sure people will realise that, but don't deny other people to bring your transactions up. The fact that she is bringing up an older transaction just means that she didn't make this thread in a haste and on impulse :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »
Misunderstandings happen but it's important to settle them, even months after.

In my opinion bringing a matter into the light, even long after a transaction was made, is still an important thing to do - the perspective of months gives all parties involved a time to calm down and think about the transaction without hasty feelings.

I agree. We are a community and communication and honesty should be encouraged. The OP should not be guilt-tripped for making this thread - if you do not agree with what is said, then counter it with arguments for all to see.

It is so important for people to share their bad experiences (as we've all learned a few months ago with another member), and if you truly are a good trader all in all, I'm sure people will realise that, but don't deny other people to bring your transactions up. The fact that she is bringing up an older transaction just means that she didn't make this thread in a haste and on impulse :)

These comments are basically what I was going to say too ^^ and I agree with other comments made here as well. Its important to be open - especially in a community like ours - and if misunderstandings and problems cant be sorted out between people privately or if it is something that would benefit the community to know about , or you need some advice from others in the community so that the matter can be settled more amicably then this is the right place to post - regardless of if it took place very recently or some months back :awake: 
I think sometimes it is wiser to take the time to A.) try and sort out the problem between you both - which didnt suceed in this case but it was tried first before anyone posted here ... and    B.)  when you do need to make a thread or post in here  due to a situation that cant be resolved betwen the two parties alone then to think things over first, rather  than posting a hasty emotion filled thread that quickly gets heated rather than helps both parties solve the problem ;)   In my opinion AJG did take the time to try and resolve things first and then she took the time thinking things through before posting . She just posted her experience in a factual way and now MCM you have your opportunity to respond with your own side of events.
We're here to try and help you both reach a better end to your transactions if possible :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:03:21 PM by Ringlets »

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 12:08:12 AM »
stormy how good to see you

in trying to compare - if "thebrain" had done me a similar courtesy = I dealt only with you directly, never here through the trader forum =  and come to me first instead of running to post on the board about my sale to her and then subsequent purchase - so this was not at all about trading - I would have been more than happy to try to resolve things directly.

As it is - the original buy from me goes back to July/August so it is way more than a month in how she is bringing ALL this to light

"I honestly have to say, I have had more than one person come to me in a trade or sale situation, only to find out you left someone on the hook with a very expensive pony he or she did not need or want."

Honestly, I would like to know who these folks are - I will happily buy back these supposed "very expensive" MLP that they do not want - I have more often than not regretted what I have sold = mostly for less than I paid for unlike yourself and "brain" who are very adept sellers in the overall world here.  I have not had nearly the decades experience to get the buy low beat the trend and sell high curve you two are much better at

and since, Stormy, you bring up the deal about the Mexican blossom rehair or not,   I will say that yes, I have learned much since parting with her (although I will remain staunch in my criticism that you failed to disclose the ink stains she had and never thanked me for the additional hair conditioning/flat-ironing I did to improve her as I tried to figure out rehair or not) and I am thankful you honored the return and I would happily follow in your footsteps in that regard

if I had been given the opportunity to buy back the GITD I would in a heartbeat.  But I was not given that opportunity -I was simply posted about without any knowledge that there was a lingering problem.  I never posted about you here in the trader forum, I never posted bad feedback about you.  I understood from the get-go that there are two sides to the story and I moved on

but here - fine - I have to go back to my purchase history from originally 2012.  I had a pretty wicked time with a GITD ebay auction in the UK.  Person was a total scammer.  So I lost the postage fees to return a child's hat I been mailed in the stead of the MLP since they had already sold it.  But ebay refunded me for the pony cost since the item never came.  So I took my loss as a small lesson learned and moved on.

So fine, I posted on nirvana I wanted a GITD - even joked I would be happy to stand in line to wait my turn. 

That's how I remember knowing AJG aka thebrain79 wanted a GITD.  I think she posted in nirvana as well.
So I contacted her end of July in a PM = "have a GITD princess for you :-)"

« Sent to: Applejackgirl on: July 27, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »

lemme know if you are interested :-) thought of you first before opening up for bids and stuff

I'll send along pics if you are interested :-)

Monica

as PMs go, not horrible, not the best way to communicate over days/weeks/month compiled with my bad math and bad memory for what I wrote

A GITD I won on ebay/bought for $425 (plus 5GBP shipping)  I offered to sell for a total of $450 since I was adding in accessories but not a red dragon, and then we added in 3 regular US princess ponies at $10 (so I was giving away about $20 worth of MLP for $3 each).

So I forgot at the time she mentioned a trade - and that was my comment from seeing her sales later - not a lament or anything more than a "darn, if I had known from back in the summertime, I would've been fine to keep it ponies for ponies".  Just because I totally get the expense of this "habit" now and as much as yes, I am fine to take payments as I have been grateful when folks here accept from me the same, I am just as cool to not want to break folks' piggy banks.  But I wasn't upset or demanding, more of - didn't mean to have caused you to drag out with payments when you had nirvana I would bought from you... but I was the only one who sent pics over and honestly I dropped in pushing to find out what she had to sell/trade. 
So like my earlier comment - that's the nature of messaging - not ever as easy as in person sales/trades. 

So I compound my stupidity and AJG doesn't come forward honestly and correct me from my bad math = fine = call her a "good business pony".  All about getting the best deal.    So from the total of 467.50 that we'd originally agreed on than it became several payments and I mis-calculate the total from her payments sent over and she only pays a total of $425 over the next couple of months from August through October.

And I don't send over the Serena, Tiffany and Primrose.  And apparently I sent over the wrong hat.

So I go back to my PMs and realize later my bad math cost me - again.  So fine, I goofed and mailed first class with tracking (although you are right I failed in my courtesy to tell you the tracking beforehand) but no insurance as we had already discussed that it was more important that she not get lost = she wasn't going to break.  If needed, I can copy/paste that PM.

So she writes to me that the accessories are wrong and mails them back.  I am finally now sorting through old PMs to figure out the whole mess/goof-up and realize now she hasn't paid for accessories at any rate and so I'm fine to have mailed her the fiskycat GITD for free as a thank-you for her paying as a gift through paypal (saved me the fees).  So  I am thinking that is a win-win.  AJGs comment earlier is right - stormy - you had just sold a GITD for $500.  So she knew I hadn't sold her an overpriced MLP.

So that was the end of the GITD sale.  A $500 pony sold for $425.  So please AJG = tell me you want me to buy back the pony, I will gladly.  I will happily keep her in my herd again.  Just lemme know.

I'm gonna take a break here and then post about her ebay sale to me where my original payment.

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 12:42:55 AM

OK = I am gonna try to keep this straight with font colors... my apologies to the community if I goof this up I am not a computer wiz (totally analog).

She also kept track of the payments and what I still owed her, which I sent a final payment early October.

I obviously did not keep track of payments as I did not ask for the proper amount.

She sent my package which did not include insurance and failed to provide  me with tracking, but the envelope made it safely to my mailbox. 

I only failed to send the PM about her tracking number.  The package was tracked.  We’d already discussed that she was fine about no insurance

There was only one pony in the bag and the accessories were normal accessories looking nearly identical to the variant ones (with some subtle differences that took some looking to pick up on). 

I only goofed on the hat to my knowledge the wand and comb were the right set.  As far as I see it, that's providence watching out for me.  Clearly, AJG cared a lot more about these particular accessories than she let on – now I have to wonder why she was so miffed at not getting these accessories.  Oh I see now, the hat is indeed different.  So this hat may actually be worth something, might be significant for its difference.

I was disappointed as I was expecting something different.  So I wrote MCM right away so we could sort it out.  She did not respond.  I wrote again. 

She posted to me the same day.  I am not online all the time.  We got this all sorted out within about a week or so.  I didn’t think there was ever a sense she or I were delaying – we were just dealing with RL in addition to life here was all… or so I thought.

She then informed me she lost track of the payments and that I still owed money to get the correct accessories and baits.  I wrote her back to try and confirm what was needed to settle the transaction.  No response.  So I wrote her again and said I was sending the incorrect accessories back to her and asked if she could send the right ones to me and forget about the baits.

There was again hardly any time passing from her telling me accessories are wrong to a package shows up at my door.  So it turns out, in going through PMs I thought I had sent her a message in-between explaining that she can keep the accessories and we can call it even at the $425.  But in going through my sent file, seems I never sent that PM = so I understand how this mix-up went down to cause her to have feelings hurt more than I intended and for that I am sorry.  But I am no longer interested in selling  the accessories.  Oh and the princess ponies were not “bait” as in needing major restoration/majorly flawed etc.  They were simply in my sales box.  Overall those MLPs were in great shape.  So not cool to try to make it like these are junky MLP.

No response. I believe I had to write her again to which she then finally did write me and told me she received the accessories and that the transaction was concluded.

This is where I told her for the first time what I thought she already knew – and where I had thought at first she was being nice to return me the accessories was actually because we were still mis-understanding things.  So apparently, I find out now - here -  that this really really must’ve pissed her off.  Well at this point, fine. AJG.  It really does kinda suck in my mind that you were all too happy to let me goof up on what I was selling to you and pay less than we’d agreed.  So we are even = you are a pot, and I am a kettle. 

[Edited for Clarity - Loa]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:12:36 PM by Loa »

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 12:48:56 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong--and I may well be, I get lost in large blocks of text sometimes--but it sounds like you made a clerical error that neither of you caught with the time payments, and you decided to punish her by not sending part of the agreed-upon purchase? On the off chance that the hat "may actually be worth something"?  :huh:

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 12:54:11 AM »
I didn't punish her as I had not been made aware that I had not sent her what I thought she wanted.  I thought we were solving this issue in a fair way = she keeps wrong accessories for free.  Apparently, AJG didn't think it was fair and didn't tell me further... until now

Why would it be defined as a punishment to get a $500 item for $425?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:58 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong--and I may well be, I get lost in large blocks of text sometimes--but it sounds like you made a clerical error that neither of you caught with the time payments, and you decided to punish her by not sending part of the agreed-upon purchase? On the off chance that the hat "may actually be worth something"?  :huh:
That was also what I got by it. I think MCM assumed that she'd take the accessories back and that seemed "fair" to her to finish the deal. But I don't think that is what AJG was expecting. I think AJG wanted to complete the transaction as planned.

Couldn't one of you go back into your paypal history and look at the payments and see how much AJG really did pay? It seems to me that in a transaction of this amount, you should BOTH be keeping track of how much money is exchanged. That way if one person does miscalculate, the other can catch it.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 01:05:49 AM »
Maybe because you didn't send all the purchased ponies either?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal