collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How long do I wait for and what do I do?  (Read 1216 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
How long do I wait for and what do I do?
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »
I purchased a pony from Lubin
It was supposedly mailed December 10
They gavel me tracking link in a question message I sent on eBay recently regarding this auction I bout on November 22
I paid way before December 10
So I will try to provide link later
It will say
New York December 15
And that's how it's been for days!
Now what do I do?
I will go to post office and ask on Tuesday after giving this more time last week
I think they will say
"I don't know!"
I don't think they can help!
How long should it stay like this and why?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: How long do I wait for and what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
Whatever you do, do not let your 45 day timeframe to open a case lapse. I am not sure where you are located? Are you in the US? If not was this a US purchase?

*edit* Sorry I thought Lubin was a seller's name  :blush: I wasn't thinking overseas.  If the tracking is saying New York, it sounds like it maybe caught up in customs. I have had things stuck there for days also and then eventually *poof* it ends up at my doorstep. I would think if you have the tracking number and inquire with your PO that they should have on record the status of your package and its exact location.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:16:01 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
Thanks
I will find out what I can at post office then
I'm way west of New York but in US
I was thinking customs too
After I see what they say I may open a case

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »
It's Poland, in Europe :) Lubin is a city where I llive :)

This is the first time when I have such problems with packages. I got about 5 messages about missing items in December! That's horrible, I never had even a single problem for over 400 items sold overseas! Post service failed. I hope they refund me so I can refund my customers.

I'm sorry for this situation, but as you can see I'm fair. I sent your item and I just can't control every single person that touches it.

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:49:35 PM »
The post has been a nightmare here Kamisha. It does not surprise me you had problems.

gypsy any updates?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Kamisha

• Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:51:54 PM »
The post has been a nightmare here Kamisha. It does not surprise me you had problems.

gypsy any updates?

Gypsy is very mad at me because I didn't refund her "NOW!!!". I have to wait 21 days after last scan of the item. Then I can be refunded by my post, not earlier. That's not fair of her when she says that my service "stinks", because she was very delighted when I let her pay with delay. Now she's rude because they kept her package in customs. Where is my fault here?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 01:07:36 AM »
*pony hugs to all *  I hope the postal service delivers the package soon!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kamisha

• Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 02:10:31 AM »
*pony hugs to all *
Thank you :) So I see you love Squirmy's color scheme too! :D

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
Auction ended November 28
I paid December 2 which excuse me is not that long considering fact I was away for Thanksgiving
You supposedly mailed this on December 10
Christmas has now come and gone!!
Why did it take you so long to mail?!
Then you never plugged in tracking!!
I had to send you messages concerning my package
It has been in New York supposedly since December 15 with no movement.
I told you I am done waiting and would like refunded!
Then you message back saying
"If they accept refund request, then I can refund you."
Of course that makes me mad and perhaps to you comes off rude but you were paid to mail item and my item is protected by eBay because I paid with Paypal! I told you I gave you money for item and I want refund it's been long enough!
You came off as uncaring and not sorry with your IF!
I told you I would gladly return item IF it happen to arrive!
I have purchased on eBay for years and I and my husband gave shared accounts for purchasing and selling and I have been in the community for a very long 15 years now
Negative feedback has been left by me now too

Post Merge: January 05, 2014, 06:18:07 PM

Oh and since you had so
Many problems perhaps your postal service is giving you the wrong customs forms or are not measuring your boxes and weighing them correctly!!
Customs like things done correctly by the book!
I would be mad at your postal service if I was you because they dropped the ball for they had to done something wrong if customs is not pleased with the way you mailed.
You want to get mad get mad at YOUR postal service.

*edited to remove personal remarks* PonyLady
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:40:15 AM by ponylady »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
 :| From what I've seen Kamisha hasn't really been rude, but you just kind of exploded there and took rude to new heights.

She sent it from Poland, right, and the last scan was in NY and then something happened? So all she's saying is she doesn't want to take the fall for it and wants to be refunded before she can refund you, which she could have done up front, true, but I understand both sides here. Waiting for that to lapse would have been within the time limit to open a case, wouldn't it?

The 21 days is just about up now I think. Did you wait to see if she was going to refund you before leaving negative feedback?

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »
Okay. There is still 10 days left to go on the paypal claim window, why is everyone so stressed? Post is always slow all over the world at this time of year, especially international packages! Accusing someone of mail fraud isn't going to help the situation either, and she has no obligation to refund you technically until you've opened a claim, which I would assume you would wait until the last few days do do as common courtesy, like I said especially at this time of year - delays are to be expected. Yes it was mailed a bit late, so ding a star. If your last message here is anything to go by, I'd wait until you opened a claim, too - that may be vindictive, but I'd be pretty annoyed/upset. Ebay sellers are people too, and sometimes messages are rushed and can seem a bit blunt, they aren't always intended as such, but if she's having multiple delays and premature negative feedback, I dare say she's stressed!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 08:50:48 PM »
I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Making all these accusations at your seller is not looking favourably on your part and isn't helping get the pony to you any faster.
As you can see, the pony was shipped and is in customs. I've heard the NY customs office is incredibly slow anyway with non-express mail and there are a whole bunch of possible reasons to explain why it has been delayed or the tracking hasn't been updated, none of which the seller can control. (To list a few: they didn't take on any or enough extra staff so there are 10x+ the number of packages to be processed and the same amount of workers. The package has been sent to the wrong area and is being re-routed back to the original sorting office. Another package in the shipment is suspicious and the whole container has to be thoroughly examined. There have been a number of large or priority packages for the same area and there has been no room on a delivery van for it yet. The postal workers have forgotten to update the tracking or there is a problem with the tracking bar code. They may wish to examine the contents of the parcel. etc. As I understand it, NY has had a lot of bad weather recently that will slow the package down even more. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, this is just what I've heard from a friend in NY).

Have you been to your local post office with the tracking number and asked if they can give you an update? Sometimes they can find out extra information. I don't know why you're immediately jumping to conclusions that the seller must be at fault here. If I am honest, you're coming cross as very aggressive and I don't know why you're expecting the seller to be "caring and sorry" when all you have done here is throw accusations and blame them. Okay, the delay could be the seller's fault, but you have no proof of that yet. I realise you are frustrated and upset you have neither money nor your pony (I would be, too!), but the seller has at least communicated calmly with you and is in the process of claiming through their post office for the lost item so that they are not also out of money and the pony.

And for what it's worth, depending on the seller's terms, 4 days is a long time to wait for payment. I've bought from plenty of Ebay sellers and stores that required payment within 24-72 hours with no exceptions. Did you okay it in advance with Kamisha that you would pay after a few days? Did their auction also state how often they went to the post office? Seven working days is a long time, but I know of plenty of sellers that can only get to the post office once a week.

ETA: I'm confused by the dates - You said you asked for the tracking number on November 22nd but then said that the auction ended on the 28th? Was that a typo?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:21:40 PM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 12:26:13 AM »
Breath, and calm down first. The shipping is horrible here in the US, so Putting blame on another country's post service is not helping much. As you can see its here in the US now, even if it has not moved for days. I cant see leaving bad feedback before a claim has been made (unless it has, and I didn't read it) I think this can get worked out. Remember you can attract more bees with honey, not vinegar. And to be honest it sounds like you have not had time to cool down, before hitting the celling fan steaming mad. As a seller I would be horrified by a buyer that was throwing words around like "Karma" and being hateful like this, maybe theres more to it than this.
You do come from two different countrys and Im sure neither one of you have spoken to each other in person. Sometimes you have to remember that conversations over the web is different sounding to everyone. I may see it a little short as a message too, but what if it didn't sound that way to her? She may not be as hateful as you think. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:28:15 AM by Tiffymh1fan »
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Kamisha

• Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »
I sent over 400 items. Each of them arrived safely. Only in December this year I have missed 3 packages. Is this a reason to blame for postal service?? As everyone noticed, there's a lot of problems with USPS this year. So why do you blame all the time? Do I work in customs and keep your package? No. It's just an accident. And I told that I will refund you when I start refundation process (which means that I will wait 2 months for money from them but you will get your money from me immediately). Only one thing I was asking you was to wait 21 days after last scan.

*edited for personal remarks* PonyLady
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:47:25 AM by ponylady »

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »
While I completely understand this is frustrating for both parties. I want the personal remarks to end or this thread will wind up in the old locker room.  ;)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal