collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non Paying Buyer shinopatyme - mega update! Add to block list!  (Read 734 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Non Paying Buyer shinopatyme - mega update! Add to block list!
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »
So. This bidder on ebay bids on a $15 pony with five days left on the listing. (It was a standard seven day auction). They win. They wait several days, and then send a message saying they don't have the money after all, and want to cancel their bid. I told them to file a cancellation request. I figured, might as well let them do the work of figuring out how to send the request and then do it. They are a newer buyer, and since they want to cancel, they can put in the effort to do it.

They don't send the request.

It is now a week later, and I just opened an NPB case. Whether it gets cancelled or goes through the NPB I will get my final value fee back. But I'd rather it be an NPB than a cancel for an irresponsible bidder!

Bidder name was shinopatyme for those who want to avoid such problems. Nothing but positive feedbacks for them so far, but no way to know how many of these 'remorse cancels' they have done.

UPDATE!

Only a few hours after I filed the NPB, the buyer contacts me with a pretty classic whine. "I couldn't figure out how to send a cancellation request."  So I went ahead and filed it for her. Which, in the process, cancelled the NPB claim. Then, she ignores the cancellation request!  Several days go by, and I send her a reminder. What does she do? She then DECLINES the cancellation request! And sends a note 'oops, my bad, can you resend?' 

Well, guess what. I can't. Once a cancellation request is declined, it can not be resent. On top of that, I can not file another NPB claim because that also can't be redone!  So now I am stuck paying the final value fee, because of a stupid buyer! *headdesk* 

I just resent her the invoice. If she doesn't pay, I am going to have to call ebay and refile the NPB. I am done being nice to this idiot, I am not resending the cancellation request. On top of that, her original excuse of "I don't have the money" is falling flat. She continues to get feedbacks from other recent transactions.

Waste of time!

shinopatyme (That is the ebay user ID to avoid!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:30:53 AM by Thunderwing »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Non Paying Buyer
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:39:48 AM »
Thanks for the head's up! I am sorry you had to go through the headache of an irresponsible buyer though  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Non Paying Buyer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »
Thanks for the warning!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Non Paying Buyer shinopatyme - mega update! Add to block list!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 05:31:07 AM »
Bumping up with more info!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:03:42 AM »
Sorry you had to go through all that! Wow! These buyers seem to know how to play along with ebays games don't they?

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:39 AM »
Wow- can he/she really be so clueless or do you think they strung you along on purpose?  Either way- they're on my block list now.  Thanks for the warning!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »
Thank you for the information and letting the community know! I am also sorry to hear that you had a hard time with this buyer. 

On a small side note, I want to point out that a request to cancel a transaction for an item that has already been purchased (either by Buy It Now or a completed auction that has a binding sale conclusion), I believe can only be filed by the seller.  A buyer can retract a bid or offer only if the item has not been sold yet, or an auction not been ended yet.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:21:03 PM »
thanks for letting us know :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal