collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else really bored with G4?  (Read 9516 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else really bored with G4?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »
I'm bored but I'm more bored with not seeing any of the new stuff in stores. Still neon blind bags and mask ponies and first waves of Equestria Girls. None of the rainbow stuff has showed up yet.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:09 AM »
And frankly the target audience for the brushables (little girls) aren't going to care if the pony is on TV or not.
I don't think this is totally true. When I see little kids choosing which ponies to buy, they do tend to talk about their roles in the show, like avoiding Sunset Shimmer because she's evil.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 04:06:10 AM »
It's great that people are finding interest in the other lines for G4 (Blind bags, EQG, Funko) but sadly for those of us who have no interest in those lines... leaves us begging for something new in singles. I think I now actually have 3 to 4 Celestias because of sets.. which is minute to some of the others.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 04:37:35 AM »
I think I have, not so much because of the repition of the mane six, but because of the lack of releases in my country. I can't get Nightmare Moon, Shadowbolt Dash, Minty, Bubble Muffin and so many more solely because Hasbro will not release them over here. They will, however, release EVERY SINGLE Pinkie, which I'm personally sick of (though the one Pinkie I may have broke down and purchased - Chinese Pinkie, they have decided against releasing presently - Why? Not Pink enough, Hasbro UK?).

And even if I try to order from the US TRU, their exclusives are always one of the few items that 'cannot be shipped internationally'. Hooray. I know I can get a middle man in for me, but really - I shouldn't need to do that when almost all toys involving the mane six are released promptly over here.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2013, 04:38:39 AM »
I'm not a big fan of G4 but there are a few that I have liked.None of which are the Mane 6. To see Hasbro repeating the huge mistake they made with Bore Seven shows what a bunch of idiots that they are and really don't have much of an interest in making sure the line succeeds for a long time to come. Very foolish considering how much $$ they could be making. But they would have to put the effort forth first. That just seems to tuff for them.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 04:39:20 AM »
It's great that people are finding interest in the other lines for G4 (Blind bags, EQG, Funko) but sadly for those of us who have no interest in those lines... leaves us begging for something new in singles. I think I now actually have 3 to 4 Celestias because of sets.. which is minute to some of the others.

I think I am most disappointed for this exact reason - the lack of singles...because for me thats what MLP is all about. Plastic ponies in a size consistent/comparable across the line in a variety of colours and characters. I dont count blind bags as filling that niche. Ponyville size ponies are just merch for me not ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LunaCat

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Worlds Apart: My Little Pony Tale
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2013, 05:00:56 AM »
I'm tired of the main 6 being release, over and over and over with different items. At first they had released different ponies like Plumsweet, snowcatcher and it was great but I haven't seen any new ponies. I bought the two Fantastic Flutters which will be my last unless I see new ponies.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
Yeah there hasn't been anything all that exciting lately.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2013, 05:17:33 AM »
You have to wonder what is going through the heads of Hasbro's marketing department.  In the 80's and early 90's the general idea was "The more ponies the better."  Now, it's "Mane 6 and other prominent ponies from the show only."  Again, it costs nothing extra to have large assortment of ponies and probably brings in more revenue.  A little girl isn't going to say "I don't want that one because it's not on the show," she going to say "I like the pony" if it's a nice looking pony.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »
I've been tired of G4 since G3.5!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
For me, getting new characters now is so hard, that I'm just sick of having to do it. I'm over having to use my sales ponies as trades because it's the only way I can afford to import these new ponies that some people can walk into a store and buy. It's ridiculous even having to import brand new toys! What about our TRU? They obviously aren't exclusive enough for hasbroken.

I'm struggling to even find the ponies in stores I haven't been to before... they have one little line of the masquerade ponies and that's it in most places now, it's not hard to walk straight past them. Fakies have more stock, especially in Kmarts now. So I've been buying lala loopsie minis, and G1's, so much less frustrating.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 06:43:36 AM »
I'm not really collecting blind bags much anymore so things are a bit boring for me since they just seem to want to release new characters for BB's only :( There are a few ponies I want out of the new Rainbow line, but not many. New characters, Hasbro!!
My Wish List

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 06:49:44 AM »
I am bored with the lack of brusable ones, I have a few still on my list but that is all. I would love to see so many more characters made as brushable.

RarityDash

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 06:53:56 AM »
I am getting a little bored of Hasbro re-releasing the Mane 6 with one little difference so I need it, but I have found a trick to finding the older brushable singles from the wedding line and such. They always pop up for me at places you wouldn't expect to find ponies. A few weeks ago, I was at CVS (a drugstore in the USA) and I saw they had some toys. Just because I have a habit of checking everywhere I go for ponies, I looked and they had Sunny Rays all by herself on the shelf. I almost bought her, but she was $9, which was a couple more than what I was willing to pay. These non-pony section stores usually have the ponies for more than toy stores (6-9 dollars), but you may come across something cool.
-RarityDash

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
It's not hard for me to be bored of G4. I think only 3-4 new characters appeared in stores here last year? So unless you want to pay a bunch of shipping costs and custom charges there just is nothing going on.
Only re-releases and blind bag ponies (who i got tired of too).
I really have very little positive to say about G4 as a toyline.

I actually think Equestria Girls has become more interesting than the pony line. At least they got different outfits and different kinds of body articulation.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:19:18 AM by Malicieuse »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal