collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 "Rainbow Power" series in stores?  (Read 8884 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: G4 "Rainbow Power" series in stores?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 05:36:40 AM »
They're in the UK! Saw the Pinkie & Helicopter and Fantastic Flutters today (and by Celestia the QC on those is AWFUL. 2/3 Cadences had big decal flaws, and I'm just hoping with the one I got that the dirty smudge is on the inside of the box and not the pony itself. The Twilights didn't look much better =/ Hopefully this shop just got a dodgy batch or something).
I saw them all today too, in Entertainer. I didn't check Cadence as I was in a hurry, but Twilight was in terrible shape too, and I'm not normally one to scrutinize for these things - But these dirt stains/poor paint were obvious from a distance :(

That's a real shame. I was hoping that this one had just gotten a bad batch >.< I wish Hasbro would sort it out; having to wash a toy right out of the box is really unacceptable.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 05:39:45 AM »
They're in the UK! Saw the Pinkie & Helicopter and Fantastic Flutters today (and by Celestia the QC on those is AWFUL. 2/3 Cadences had big decal flaws, and I'm just hoping with the one I got that the dirty smudge is on the inside of the box and not the pony itself. The Twilights didn't look much better =/ Hopefully this shop just got a dodgy batch or something).
I saw them all today too, in Entertainer. I didn't check Cadence as I was in a hurry, but Twilight was in terrible shape too, and I'm not normally one to scrutinize for these things - But these dirt stains/poor paint were obvious from a distance :(

That's a real shame. I was hoping that this one had just gotten a bad batch >.< I wish Hasbro would sort it out; having to wash a toy right out of the box is really unacceptable.

Yeah I'm definitely noticing a stark drop in quality ever since the new pony mould came about... check out the Rainbow Power Cadance I found over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,346130.0.html
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 05:48:31 AM »
I got the deluxe pack of rainbow blind bag ponies (the set with Doctor Whooves, DJ, Rarity, Twilight, and AJ), and I really like it. They have great paint jobs, especially compared to some other sets I've seen.  The only one with kind of sloppy paint is Rarity.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 05:55:55 AM »
Oh wow, that Cadence! I've noticed it too. The EqG dolls are usually the worst (I've yet to see a single one whom doesn't have glue residue all over her face, scarred joints, or missing paint). Perhaps the blind bags are painted in another factory, or we just notice less because bad paint is fine on a £2 toy but we expect better on something that costs nearly £20!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
... Well that's interesting, because we didn;t even see the episode... Thanks Hasbro...

Haha, I don't think they are going to release a Rainbow Power episode. A year of two ago I seem to recall them telling collectors that they were going to start making the line reflect the show more. Doesn't seem like they ever did that. Unless they count narrowing the line down to just the main six and ceasing production of other ponies.

Rainbow Power is the name of the line however for the 2013/2014 year; the last few line names [i.e. the ones which were for the whole line and not exclusive sets] were part of the cartoon - "Crystal Empire", "Royal Wedding" and "Princess Coronation". That pattern is the only reason I think we will see some connection to the cartoon...mind you with Hasbro, who knows?!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
... Well that's interesting, because we didn;t even see the episode... Thanks Hasbro...

Haha, I don't think they are going to release a Rainbow Power episode. A year of two ago I seem to recall them telling collectors that they were going to start making the line reflect the show more. Doesn't seem like they ever did that. Unless they count narrowing the line down to just the main six and ceasing production of other ponies.

Rainbow Power is the name of the line however for the 2013/2014 year; the last few line names [i.e. the ones which were for the whole line and not exclusive sets] were part of the cartoon - "Crystal Empire", "Royal Wedding" and "Princess Coronation". That pattern is the only reason I think we will see some connection to the cartoon...mind you with Hasbro, who knows?!

Yes! And when you look at the line 'logo', you can see little flying ponies. For me, it's too interesting to be just a line picture. I think it means something more :)

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »

Yes! And when you look at the line 'logo', you can see little flying ponies. For me, it's too interesting to be just a line picture. I think it means something more :)

You mean this Rainbow Power logo?

It's actually flying cutie marks of the mane six. Pink balloon, orange apple, yellow butterfly, blue lightning bolt, purple star and white/pale purple diamond. It seems a little too complex and specific to just be a throwaway design for this one line of toys, but who knows? Sometimes the packaging gets changed a lot for something that isn't directly in the show. Heck, Pinkie Pie's Boutique is completely irrelevant and wayyy out of character, but it still gets highly specific colours and new designs. We'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »

It's actually flying cutie marks of the mane six. Pink balloon, orange apple, yellow butterfly, blue lightning bolt, purple star and white/pale purple diamond.

Ah, yes, I meant flying cutie marks, sorry.

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:01 AM »

It's actually flying cutie marks of the mane six. Pink balloon, orange apple, yellow butterfly, blue lightning bolt, purple star and white/pale purple diamond. It seems a little too complex and specific to just be a throwaway design for this one line of toys, but who knows? Sometimes the packaging gets changed a lot for something that isn't directly in the show. Heck, Pinkie Pie's Boutique is completely irrelevant and wayyy out of character, but it still gets highly specific colours and new designs. We'll just have to wait and see. ;)

The difference is whether the line is an exclusive or not though. Exclusive lines - be they Pinkies Boutique or Friends Forever - are specific for a store and created with that store. When you have a whole line with a dedicated name normally it ties up with the show or a special. Hasbro were even doing this back in G3 :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 04:32:26 AM »
A local Target has the singles, and I saw Pinkie's helicopter at TRU here in Madison. (To those few who might be in the area, it's the Hilldale Target that has the singles last I was there)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

RarityDash

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 06:09:23 AM »
I got the FS Rarity from Target yesterday, which is weird considering they have been reordering the same exact stuff since August :)

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
FS Rainbow Rarity is the only one I've seen in stores here so far, but today was also the first time that I saw Masquerade ponies in Walmart. :blink: (Calgarians! If you're looking for Sunset Shimmer, get your flanks to the Walmart in Deerfoot Mall!)
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »
I saw Rarity and Rainbow Dash while I was at TRU the other day! And I saw most of the ponies while I was at Kohl's in late November.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »
Saw the rainbow tinsel ponies at the store today. They look so bad it made me sad. And fat-head Rarity. . . she looks like she's had her head squished :'(

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
Saw Pinkie copter at Toys R Us and the FS Rainbow Rarity (a ton of them!) at Wal-Mart :)
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal