collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can't remove bank account from Paypal  (Read 12304 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Can't remove bank account from Paypal
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
The only bank account I have connect to Paypal is being closed soon so I've been trying to remove it, but Paypal just won't let me. It keeps saying "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending." I'm not entirely sure what that even means, since nothing is pending. If it matters, the account has absolutely no money in it (I transfer it all to the bank account immediately because I don't like letting it sit in Paypal). This is what it shows when I ask for my history back to October:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

All of my payments went through fine and I already received the items and the transfer was to the bank account (which went through fine). All I can think is that maybe the payment I received is holding it up, but I already shipped the pony and we're just waiting for it to arrive (its going to Australia), or that its just Paypal being dumb.

Do I need to change the bank account to a different one to get this one removed or something?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Can't remove bank account from Paypal
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »
Call them-- They can remove it.

I had mine stuck like that for whatever reason when I changed my name. I waited for a full month in case something was hanging it up. Still not sure to this day what it was...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:12:35 PM »
My advice is the same as bandit, just call Customer Service. There maybe a stuck authorization somewhere for what ever reason, a representative can then find it and get it fixed for you so you can then remove it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:49:07 PM »
I think you always have to have one account linked in - you can't just disconnect and walk away.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:42 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try calling them tomorrow. I really hope I don't need to replace it with another one as we haven't gotten a new bank account yet.

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »
I tried to remove my debit card linked to my checking account and it told me the same message 'unable to remove while authorization is pending' I had a nightmare with Paypal recently where they attempted to charge my checking acct twice on a ebay seller's fee I had already paid and it made my checking overdrawn --- twice. Resulting in ridiculous NSF fees. Ugh. I got it all straightened now but I was like you I didn't have much in there so it caused my problems. I'm using my credit card from now on so that doesn't ever happen again.

Unfortunately, Paypal sent an e-check to my bank without my authorization even though they were supposed to use the card I had on file. I was not happy with them. I got one of my NSF fees back 'as a courtesy' but that was all they were willing to do to fix their 'mistake.' :drunk:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal