collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay's Global Shipping Center- wth?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay's Global Shipping Center- wth?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
That really is strange, the seller that I'm talking about is in the GSP, all of her listings are set up using that shipping program. The first 2 times I bought from her she went around it manually and the very last time (3 days ago), she had to call ebay and get them to do it for her.

Maybe it's changed recently?

Oh that's strange :| Just when I thought I had figured it all out... Are you sure she called ebay and had them do something? Not that I don't trust you but it does sound kind of strange, not like evilbay at all, I mean they are hardly known to make exceptions like that...  :wacko:
-

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
That really is strange, the seller that I'm talking about is in the GSP, all of her listings are set up using that shipping program. The first 2 times I bought from her she went around it manually and the very last time (3 days ago), she had to call ebay and get them to do it for her.

Maybe it's changed recently?

Oh that's strange :| Just when I thought I had figured it all out... Are you sure she called ebay and had them do something? Not that I don't trust you but it does sound kind of strange, not like evilbay at all, I mean they are hardly known to make exceptions like that...  :wacko:

I'm absolutely certain, because after she called them I got the following email:

Hello mike_and_pamela_forever ([email protected]),

We have been contacted by your Seller “madseizon” and they have expressed interest to ship the item(s) that you purchased outside of the global shipping program. This is normal and we would appreciate if you’d follow the simple steps below:

- Navigate to your "Purchase History"

- Locate the item that you purchased from madseizon

- Click on the link that says "1 bid" (located to the right of the winning bid amount)
- Find your winning bid and click "More Actions"
- Then select "Request total"

- Confirm the items and your address on the next screen and continue

By following these instructions, your seller will be able to issue an invoice with the shipping cost for the service they choose. This may lead to lower prices and/or more convenience for you and the seller.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Erin S.

eBay Global Shipping Team

So yeah it was weird that they did it that way, because like I said before she was able to do it without contacting ebay. It is or at least it was entirely possible 3 days ago to opt out on a per listing basis by calling ebay, without applying it to all listings.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:10 PM »
I was thinking maybe we could do a test auction/listing between two of us. I could list a false BIN with the GSP and see what hoops we have to go through to change it??? We would know for sure then? Of course we will just cancel it in the end but it might give us more insight into it since it obviously has been done but eBay claims it can't be.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »
I would be willing to participate with you if you need a volunteer ponylady?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
I was thinking maybe we could do a test auction/listing between two of us. I could list a false BIN with the GSP and see what hoops we have to go through to change it??? We would know for sure then? Of course we will just cancel it in the end but it might give us more insight into it since it obviously has been done but eBay claims it can't be.

That sounds lke a good idea to me ^^ :awake:  the GSP is so confusing and stupid and so many seem to have issues and its not really easy to figure out what can and cant be done about it. Testing them out definitely seems worth a try ;)
Make sure no-one else buys the item before Cherry does though PL!  I guess you 'll have to arrange to be online at the same time and BIN as soon as the listing goes live... or else make the price so crazy high that no-one else will be tempted before cherry can do a BIN :P 

ETA or MikeysGrrrl - whoever wants to try it out - sorries i was typing at the same time as you :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »
OK awesome MG! Are you going to be on later today? I have some stuff to list if I ever get off my bum later today. So I will take a false picture, link you to it and we will go from there. Sound good?

:lol: Ringlets no more pain meds for you!!!

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »
Sounds fabulous ponylady :) I bounce on and off the arena all day :P

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 01:29:01 AM »
*gets popcorn

My buyer has agreed to simply cancel the listing and I'll relist with a BIN opting out of the GSP. We'll see what happens.

It's my experience that eBay does in fact does make some decisions kinda 'by the seat of their pants'  and they do often take into consideration the individual accounts and situation. Obviously they have their set rules and will usually go strictly by those, but they have heaped on so very much grey area with the GSP that I don't find that communication between you and the eBay rep. that odd, Mickeysgrrrl.

Great idea to do some detective work. If I wasn't getting ready for a (very wet) weekend away I'd happily jump in it meself. I'm quite interested to see what kinda results ya'll get.  :lookround:

I hate it when eBay changes things with an end result of their patrons running off, in this case buyers and sellers, as I have been a huge eBay fan for over a decade. I hope that they can get this program on the level or scrapped and much sooner than later! This is not the type of hassle people need shopping for the holidays!! :crazy:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 01:40:32 AM »
I'm curious to see how things will turn out with this little experiment :)

I only found the communication from ebay strange because I didn't receive any communication from them on the previous purchases. Honestly that program has been out for quite some time now and the shipping prices are insane, especially when you can't combine shipping :shocked:

Like the 2 items I bought cost less than $8, if the seller hadn't the GSP portion of the listings I would've paid $38 shipping for 2 tiny items coming from the US, plus import charges that are auto added on. That's craziness, I'm surprised so many sellers are using it, or so many buyers are cool with it.

Has anyone noticed that the prices quoted through the GSP are drastically different on items that are similar coming from the same seller? Since I don't use the program, I'm a little ignorant in figuring out who puts that shipping cost in there.

It's great that your buyer is willing to work with you it. I'm going to assume ebay either refused to help or you couldn't get a straight answer from them?

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 03:36:46 AM »
Folks need to be careful with what ebay is doing. I opted out ofer GSP from the start. I get a e-mail in my inbox on this past monday:

Thought it was typical ebay spam like they tend to send at this time of year. It was in fact an email welcoming me to the GSP. Which i DID NOT sign up for myself. Ebay signed me up!

I had to re opt out. Bad thing is, is that it takes 72 hours to take effect.

So please please double check your seller account settings folks.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »
Oh good heavens himmie  :faint:

MG I have everything ready to go but we will have to do it in the AM. My vacuum cleaner decided to blow up. In which I mean when it blew, it blew crap all over the place. I have been dusting ever since  :blink:

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 07:35:51 AM »
Ew that's not good about that vacuum :huh:

Morning sounds fine, I'm up bright and early with hubby anyways :P

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

:lol: Ringlets no more pain meds for you!!!

*giggles* Pain meds + cold meds + plenty other meds = yep my brain was pretty fried yesterday wasnt it?  :facepalm:  LOL  I didnt realize I'd  lost the plot until after I'd posted my response  :lol: 

*grabs popcorn with Cherry and waits to see what happens with the experiment*  :popcorn:

Thanks for the warning about that too HawaiianRain - sneaky evilbay! :crazy:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 03:15:03 AM »
Oh gosh that stupid GSP.. it's totally ruining ebay for me right now. Not only is the shipping ridiculous - $30 or more for a $7 toy - But they add import/custom fees on top of that which are always WAY more than what I'd pay if I were to pick it up at the customs myself. :(

A general question from a poor euro-girl: Would using a middleman in the US help? It's impossible to me to see what an auction/shipping does look like to someone in the US. Do they have to pay those crazy fees and have their item shipped via ebay as well or do they get the good ol' first class shipping?

It would still suck, for I'd have to pay 2x the shipping, but I suppose 2x first class is still better than Priority+customs fee+ebay fee. x_x

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 03:43:01 AM »
Have you tried contacting the seller to see if they offer alternate shipping? GSP is strictly for countries outside the sellers country.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal