collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So Soft Ponies! Questions!  (Read 763 times)

A-lure

• Trade Count: (0)
So Soft Ponies! Questions!
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »
HELLO ARENA I'M BACK DID YOU MISS ME probablynotlolthat'sokay.

I have a question for all you pony savvy people. I recently acquired some So Soft ponies, and I personally despise the flocking. They aren't in perfect condition but I don't want to go about de-flocking any of them if it would be ruining their value, as I know some are more rare then others. Would someone mind letting me know if any of these should be left alone all fuzzy? :) I don't think they're rare but I wanted to double check.

I have Lofty (although it looks like she was chewed by something. Scrapes down to the plastic), Ribbon, Magic Star, Shady, And one whos name I don't know. She's Pink with yellow hair and I think her cutie mark is like...blue candles?

[moving to Corral - kkat]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:34:18 PM by kaoskat »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: So Soft Ponies! Questions!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »
The pink yellow haired one is Best Wishes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
None of them are really rare, and since in the end they're your ponies anyway, it's up to you! I have deflocked a rarer So Soft, just because the flocking was in bad shape and she looked better without it. She didn't have a lot of rubs to her flocking, but it was really yellow, and her purple body looked more of an ugly yellow-gray in a lot of spots.

Before:

Here's my results:

Have fun deflocking! It's a ton of work but really rewarding if the pony really needs it.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »
As reanna says they are your ponies so if you dont like the flocking then you should feel free to get rid of it. The only couple of things I would add are that if the flocking is still in lovely condition you may wish to trade them with someone who has a poorer flocked version - then you are deflocking one with issues and allowing someone who would like a mintier flocked one to keep her flocked [this is especially the case with Ribbon who can be hard to find with no obvious flocking loss sometimes - probably because of her dark body colour missing flocking shows very obviously].

They are all pretty low value ponies in general so deflocking is not going to dramatically revalue them and in the case of Magic Star and perhaps Lofty its probably going to add a little value. As Shady has a NSS version then deflocking her pretty much negates any value at all, especially because her NSS version is relatively inexpensive.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
Crumpet, Angel and Twilight( should they ever end up in your hands) are going to be the ones you don't want to deflock unless they have bad flocking, then I would consider deflocking a means of increasing value.  I have a deflocked Twilight that I absolutely adore.  She was a wreck ( by my standards ) before.  Otherwise, I'll agree with what everyone else has said. 

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:55:57 PM »
Yep, I agree. The ones you have are safe to deflock, they aren't rare or HTF (and they all look much better when deflocked if you ask me). ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

claricesponies

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 01:27:17 AM »
Crumpet, Angel and Twilight( should they ever end up in your hands) are going to be the ones you don't want to deflock unless they have bad flocking, then I would consider deflocking a means of increasing value.  I have a deflocked Twilight that I absolutely adore.  She was a wreck ( by my standards ) before.  Otherwise, I'll agree with what everyone else has said. 

I would add Taffy to that list too

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

I would add Taffy to that list too

And possibly Bangles... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 06:10:31 PM »
I have had Taffy and Bangles both flocked and deflocked in the past for sale and I found both sold for higher deflocked. I think because they are the more common and less sought after members of the second set keeps their price original low. That combined with the fact they are not often in condition poor enough to deflock makes the deflocked version more valuable. Very odd if you ask me but unfortunately true!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

A-lure

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:13:13 AM »
Okay Thanks everyone! I'll give a good re-inspection of the flocking condition, trading one in good condition makes a lot of sense I never would have even thought about that haha.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 05:06:29 AM »
I agree with pretty much everything said here so far. :) The ones that you've mentioned having are all pretty common so you should be good. Whatever you decide to do with them, enjoy your ponies! :frolic:

( That said, if you do happen to come across a nice, flocked Crumpet or Bangles, you should totally throw them at me since they've both been on my want list for quite some time. ;) )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal