collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap Brag!  (Read 8889 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap Brag!
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2014, 05:17:40 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to post such a lovely brag, Doedeardarling.  I really am sorry that you had to wait so long for your box.  This wee man >>>

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<<< yep, this one here, came a week early and we obviously weren't prepared.  :lookround: Thank goodness both of the grandmas came shortly after he was born.  It was because of them that I was finally able to get your box sent off.  If only there weren't those pesky Christmas delays on top of the late send-out.  So I really appreciate your patience and gracious attitude. :hug:

I had no idea mini marshmallows were hard to find in Finland otherwise I would have sent more. 

I'm glad you like the pickle ornament, lol.  It was nothing fancy, but I thought it would be a fun little addition to your box what with all the pickle talk we did in the swap thread. ;)

The tree ornament was made out of salt dough, baked, and painted.  I have a few others here that I made, although I noticed (after the fact) that the dough tends to get soft again if the air is humid.  So just pay attention to it.  I added the ribbon and the rhinestones to the wooden rocking horse, but it won't hurt my feelings if you want to embellish it or change it altogether.  The main thing for me was that you liked the carousel pig.  All the other ornaments were extras in comparison to that one.  I practically jumped for joy when I read how excited you were about the pig.  ^.^ And yes, it is Lenox.  Did you know there is a whole collection of Lenox carousel animals?  Before this swap I was blissfully unaware they existed, but after finding that pig for you I am trying to figure out how I can justify buying the whole collection for myself.  Haha, yeah right.  Maybe one special occasion at a time.  I especially want the seahorse, rooster, unicorn, lion, and (thanks to you) that cute li'l piggy. ;)

------

Cate_Dartfinger, so happy that you finally got your box from tikibirds!!  And what a great box, too!  I am a huge fan of owls myself, but there is way too much out there.  Just because I like owls doesn't mean I want every owl product on the market, you know?  I can't tell you how many crazy owl gadgets and knick-knacks I have from well-meaning friends.   Some of them are awesome, but a few have left me wondering what in the world the person was thinking when they chose it for me, lol.  All that to say... the ornaments tikibirds picked out are absolutely GORGEOUS!  I also really like that hand-painted bottle cap magnet -- it's cute AND sparkly.  The best.  ^.^

P.S. You have the most adorable pets!! 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:19:12 PM by lochnessmomster »

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2014, 03:11:20 AM »
Your baby boy is so adorable, Lochness! I just want to pinch his cheeks! ^.^ :heart:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2014, 05:04:31 AM »
Your baby boy is so adorable, Lochness! I just want to pinch his cheeks! ^.^ :heart:

Thank you, archidraca. :hug: I won't argue with you there. :)

After something as sweet as that, I wish I didn't have to say what I am going to say next: my sister Barb passed away very suddenly this morning.  I think it was a heart attack but no one is 100% positive at this point.  There will be an autopsy on Thursday.  My mom called shortly after 7:00am with the news.  I keep replaying the conversation in my head.  Speaking of which, my head hurts and I really need to take a nap.  I stayed up late as it was chatting with friends on FB and watching Doctor Who with my husband, and when I was finally ready for bed, my little baby guy woke up hungry and grumpy.  Usually a full tummy and a clean diaper does the trick, but for whatever reason, he could not be consoled.  It wasn't until after 5:45 this morning that I fell asleep, and then I was woken up by my son telling me, "Mom, the phone is ringing."  Everything is a bit hazy after that. 

I know I'm not best friends with everyone in the swap, but I hope you don't mind me using this platform as a sounding board.  I need somewhere other than Facebook to vent.  While I have gotten a massive outpouring of support there, I am getting annoyed by all the samey "I'm so sorry for your loss" comments.  I know people mean well... and what else can one say, really?  I have said similar things when friends have shared the loss of a pet, grandparent, sibling, etc.  I think I'm just physically and emotionally exhausted to the point where I'm allowing even the littlest things to upset me. 

Thanks for letting me ramble.  Not sure what else to say at the moment, I'm just really tired and my head hurts. 

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2014, 05:40:03 AM »
:hug: Lochnessmomster. Go get some rest! You need it, and baby boy needs a momma who's rested as well. All my good wishes to you and your family. Take care of yourself and that sweet little boy you've got :heart:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2014, 08:28:20 AM »
:hug: Lochnessmomster. Go get some rest! You need it, and baby boy needs a momma who's rested as well. All my good wishes to you and your family. Take care of yourself and that sweet little boy you've got :heart:

Thanks, mkia9. :hug: I took a very restless 2 1/2 hour nap, but some sleep is definitely better than no sleep.  I woke up with a pounding headache though am feeling better now after a small snack of cheese and crackers, water, and two Tylenol.  I am glad I have my husband and four children here to support me, look after me, and vice versa.  It is so nice not to be alone.  I'm also grateful for my precious and completely oblivious baby boy.  All he knows right now is that he needs his mama.  Same with my two-year-old daughter who has continued to be as precocious as ever.  She has never even met her Auntie Barb so this really means nothing to her, but I am grateful for her offer of tissues when she saw me crying earlier. :heart:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:11 AM »

Thanks, mkia9. :hug: I took a very restless 2 1/2 hour nap, but some sleep is definitely better than no sleep.  I woke up with a pounding headache though am feeling better now after a small snack of cheese and crackers, water, and two Tylenol.  I am glad I have my husband and four children here to support me, look after me, and vice versa.  It is so nice not to be alone.  I'm also grateful for my precious and completely oblivious baby boy.  All he knows right now is that he needs his mama.  Same with my two-year-old daughter who has continued to be as precocious as ever.  She has never even met her Auntie Barb so this really means nothing to her, but I am grateful for her offer of tissues when she saw me crying earlier. :heart:
Awww isn't it sweet how even though they're too young to understand, it's like they get it. I'm glad you got some sleep, too! And that you've got a great support system. Those are definitely blessings in rough times :heart: :hug:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2014, 09:12:30 AM »
Lochness, I am in love with your little Marion.  She is a sweetheart.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »

Awww isn't it sweet how even though they're too young to understand, it's like they get it. I'm glad you got some sleep, too! And that you've got a great support system. Those are definitely blessings in rough times :heart: :hug:

:hug:

Yes, it is very sweet indeed.  I am sad but still blessed.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  :heart:

Lochness, I am in love with your little Marion.  She is a sweetheart.

Thank you, Marigold.  ^.^ :hug:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »
I'm so sorry lochnessmomster, I can't even imagine the pain of losing a sister and so suddenly too.

I feel a bit stupid now talking about this, but I must thank you again for everything. It's never really humid here, but I promise to be careful of the christmas tree. I've seen some of the lenox things before, yes, and they are very beautiful all. If I had more money I would probably by a whole zoo of them too. The pig is still my favorite though, I simply love everything about it.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
I'm so sorry lochnessmomster, I can't even imagine the pain of losing a sister and so suddenly too.

I feel a bit stupid now talking about this, but I must thank you again for everything. It's never really humid here, but I promise to be careful of the christmas tree. I've seen some of the lenox things before, yes, and they are very beautiful all. If I had more money I would probably by a whole zoo of them too. The pig is still my favorite though, I simply love everything about it.

Thank you, it really is so terrible and sudden.  It's hard.  I wish there was something I could do, but I know there is nothing apart from being there for the rest of my family.  It's weird, this whole grief thing... it's certainly not linear.  I now understand what people mean when they talk about the stages of grief, how there is no particular order or logic, how it's different for everyone, and especially the term "waves of grief."  When they come, you surf them.  When it's calm, you are grateful for the time to recoup before the next wave comes. 

Don't feel stupid.  I'm afraid I may have scared everyone away, but honestly, I am happy to talk about normal things as well.  And I'm really glad you love your carousel pig.  ^.^ It was a bit of risk because it was such a crazy specific item, so it really is a relief to know it paid off.  :P

~Pony Wish List~

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2014, 05:14:47 AM »
Loch, I am really sorry you and your family are having to go through this. 

People have a hard time knowing what to do when their friend loses someone important to them.  Because everyone deals with grief differently.  Last year I had two miscarriages.  One was really late term too, and I can tell you, for me, I did not want to talk about it.  I still don't want to talk about it.  And having those messages of "Sorry for your loss, and thinking of you" were for me the best, because it showed that people did care about it, but they left me alone to deal with it how I wanted to.  I am sure if you wanted to talk to someone about it, then all you need to do is say.  I mean, I don't even know you and I'd be willing to talk to you about it. 

Anyway... don't feel bad about dealing with your grief however you want to deal with it.  It's yours and no one elses.  Massive hugs to you :hug:

Your little boy is adorable, I also want to smoosh his little cheeks.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
Loch, I am really sorry you and your family are having to go through this. 

People have a hard time knowing what to do when their friend loses someone important to them.  Because everyone deals with grief differently.  Last year I had two miscarriages.  One was really late term too, and I can tell you, for me, I did not want to talk about it.  I still don't want to talk about it.  And having those messages of "Sorry for your loss, and thinking of you" were for me the best, because it showed that people did care about it, but they left me alone to deal with it how I wanted to.  I am sure if you wanted to talk to someone about it, then all you need to do is say.  I mean, I don't even know you and I'd be willing to talk to you about it. 

Anyway... don't feel bad about dealing with your grief however you want to deal with it.  It's yours and no one elses.  Massive hugs to you :hug:

Your little boy is adorable, I also want to smoosh his little cheeks.

Thanks so much, xeevee. :hug: And you're right, we all experience grief differently... what comforts one may be upsetting to another.  While I haven't been thrilled with all the copy and paste sympathies and "condolences" (what are those, anyway? lol), I do realize that no one is going out of their way to be insensitive or impersonal.  It's a way to acknowledge the situation without running the risk of saying the wrong thing. 

Two miscarriages in a year, and one that was late-term??  I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about it.  I think a lot of people aren't sure what to do with the news of a miscarriage since they are relatively common and in most cases, early on in the pregnancy.  And because most occur before the gender is known, a miscarried child often has no name.  It might be easier for those outside the situation to feel a deeper sense of sympathy if the gender is known, and even more so if the name is known.  Still, common or not, it is a major loss not to be downplayed.  It is very real and raw for the parents, and like any loss, one you never quite "get over."  I'm very sorry you had to go through that.  As a mom, it breaks my heart to hear. :hug:

Thank you for the compliment about my son.  I agree that he has some delicious cheeks.  ^.^ We had a smiling fest tonight; it was just what the doctor ordered. :heart:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Loch, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »
Loch, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

Thank you, nessy. :hug: And thanks to everyone else who has offered up words of encouragement in here.  I know I should put up a proper post in the WYP forum, but in the meantime it feels just a bit "safer" to share my grief here since it's hidden inside a forum where the sole purpose is to share good things.  Which reminds me... I'm so sorry for hijacking the brag thread for our swap.  Everyone probably feels like they can't comment on the recent brags without being inconsiderate.  You totally can (and should)!  That's what this thread is for, after all.  ^.^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:15:34 PM by lochnessmomster »

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2014, 11:57:45 PM »
I think we might all be done bragging and commenting.  I wouldn't worry about that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal