collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Avoiding Sun Damage, +Where Does Your Herd Live?  (Read 609 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Avoiding Sun Damage, +Where Does Your Herd Live?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:08 AM »
Can a UV lamp also damage the ponies the same way real Sunlight can? The room my ponies are in is also the room where I spend most of my time. I cross stitch a lot so the lights in my room are chosen to mimic natural daylight, to help with eye strain for stitching. My collection is in a dark little closet with a glass door and its quite shady in there, but should I be worried about the bulbs in my room causing damage?

As Galactica says, most daylight bulbs which you would use for sewing have a filter on them - other wise they would in fact be dangerous to use or be overly exposed to. Its only if you use an unfiltered lamp - such as one you would find on a sun bed - you would have the same problem as exposure to sun light.

The UV rays which cause the damage are the same rays which tan or burn skin - so if your lamp tans or burns your skin then yes it would cause the same issues as sunlight but if it doesnt then you will be fine.

BlackCurtains, super talented lady that she is, has done some experimenting with various light sources on pink fading hair and her conclusion was pretty much that natural light or UV was only the real issue.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Avoiding Sun Damage, +Where Does Your Herd Live?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
I'm rather paranoid about sun fading, and I'm lucky enough to have a pony room, so I have the door closed and the blackout curtains closed all the time (although the door is actually to protect them from the cats). Sometimes when in in there I'll open the curtains for some natural light, but most of the time I can't really be bothered.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal