collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Very Strange incident over email? Has anyone else been contacted?  (Read 4473 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Very Strange incident over email? Has anyone else been contacted?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 06:25:55 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I took a leap of faith and bought from this gal and everything turned out fine. I got two g1s and they are nice, Nurse loveheart and Vanilla Treat.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 08:27:28 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I took a leap of faith and bought from this gal and everything turned out fine. I got two g1s and they are nice, Nurse loveheart and Vanilla Treat.

thats really good to hear.

because i came here to say yes me too and i wasn't getting straight answers, no pictures and asked about email, i don't mean to be rude but before the above comment it looked to be like a dodgy spammer.

like another comment too i have always ask brand new peeps in trades to ask for them to send first and they have absolute no problems with that, maybe they would like to do that but its so frustrating when not getting your questions answered

Post Merge: November 26, 2013, 08:29:02 AM

Thanks for your advice so sorry again I did not mean to be pushy and I will not ask for e mails to send pony pictures again I'm new so just didn't know.
umm you just ask me last night

sweetie you really need to read all site rules like a lot of people have mentioned. people were asking Q's on your introduction here and were not answered  :huh:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:32:22 AM by shabbychicdee »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »
I will say that I gave her my email address for the pictures, and she provided them. I got the ponies today and there was no issue. She has an etsy site too where the pictures are listed. I think maybe she just needs to get used to the interface here, with some help from our good suggestions. But my experience was pleasant.
elish22 | eBay

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 07:34:39 AM »
I will say that I gave her my email address for the pictures, and she provided them. I got the ponies today and there was no issue. She has an etsy site too where the pictures are listed. I think maybe she just needs to get used to the interface here, with some help from our good suggestions. But my experience was pleasant.

Thanks for sharing, elish2!  She has contacted me about a trade, but I'm still waiting to hear back from her.

Cherrytreat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »
Hey! Great to hear that :) People get often misunderstood for many reasons, hope there won´t be any problems in the future either.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »

thats really good to hear.

because i came here to say yes me too and i wasn't getting straight answers, no pictures and asked about email, i don't mean to be rude but before the above comment it looked to be like a dodgy spammer.

like another comment too i have always ask brand new peeps in trades to ask for them to send first and they have absolute no problems with that, maybe they would like to do that but its so frustrating when not getting your questions answered

Post Merge: November 26, 2013, 08:29:02 AM

Thanks for your advice so sorry again I did not mean to be pushy and I will not ask for e mails to send pony pictures again I'm new so just didn't know.
umm you just ask me last night

sweetie you really need to read all site rules like a lot of people have mentioned. people were asking Q's on your introduction here and were not answered  :huh:

I'm glad to see that the trade worked out.  I still felt very wary though, when after I told her I was feeling uncomfortable and only wanted to purchase one pony instead of bunches as she was offering to sell, she never would give me the price on it.  Just out of curiosity, what did she quote you on Vanilla Treat?  I got really confused and when I asked later on for the prices for just her, I got no response at all about it.  I just found it all confusing.  Maybe it was just me, as I was loopy from my new medicines for my seizures, but I just couldn't understand the prices of the one pony. 

I do hope things go smoother in the future, and that you have many more successful trades on here.  =]

mylittleponysparkle

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »
I'm sorry again Texas Girl. I apologize. I just didn't know if you wanted any ponies I am honestly sorry. Get well soon! - MLPS

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »
I had a strange experience with her too. I had posted I was looking for UK G1s and she answered me and asked to email pictures. I was interested in Vanilla Treats but she wanted $40.  I told her there was one on ebay of a BIN of $20. So she lowered the price to $15. Then she said she would sell anothe UK pony for $15. So while we were discussing this, I saw her want thread for Edgar Elephant. I had an Edgar Elephant that I was going to list on ebay for $30. So I thought it was the perfect opportunity for a trade. I asked her and she said it would be fair to trade Vanilla Treats for Edgar which didn't make sense since she had just offered both for $30. At this point, I got tired of negotiating with her and politely told her never mind. Since she was a newbie I just didn't feel comfortable doing a trade with her. I thought the communication with her was weird. But she was nice but didn't seem to understand how trades worked.

mylittleponysparkle

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »
I'm learning sorry APanda I really wish the trade could have worked out because I like Edgar. I think when I first started I was so happy to join I just didn't know how to work out the trade.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
I'm learning sorry APanda I really wish the trade could have worked out because I like Edgar. I think when I first started I was so happy to join I just didn't know how to work out the trade.

Its okay! It sounds like you are getting the hang of things. You sold two ponies and it went well so congrats!  But you might want to sign up for a photo hosting site. ;)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
You could use imgur.com, they don't require an account! Also, price check threads are a godsend.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Yes, I found that the prices for the two were reasonable. She even refunded my shipping because she shipped a day later than planned.

mylittleponysparkle, I hope that the suggestions become useful for you. Communication is key for deals and trades, and photobucket or comparable sites are free and great to use for posting pictures here. I know I myself get antsy when I don't hear back for a few days about a deal. As for prices the Pony coral is a great place to ask for prices or you can look up average prices on ebay for ended listings. Thanks again for the sale.
elish22 | eBay

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 04:28:40 AM »
I've found younger people often react like this since many of them communicate via text and not texting back immediately is deemed rude or worrisome. The IM world is getting faster and faster and people need to realize that PM's are not the same as texts...we don't get an alert when we receive one!
I guess it all comes down to simple communication gaps :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »
I'm glad things worked out ok Elish - thanks for posting your experience here  :bigups:
Mylittleponysparkle there's a lot of good advice for new members in this thread so it might help to write a few down and then you'll know how things work for next time. Having a photobucket account or similar will help with your sales and trades too .  Also keep in mind that some members are online more than others and people are really busy at this time of year , so its usually best to give someone a few days to reply- especially if theres a weekend/holiday ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 05:15:02 AM »
She contacted me at first just wanting me to buy some of her ponies, then a week later contacted me again wanting to trade, was communicating about the condition of her pony however stopped communication when the questions became more specific, All I asked was if the hair looked visibly cut and I could not get an answer back, just a heads up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal