collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay question  (Read 302 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
eBay question
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »
I purchased an item and paid what eBay said to pay but seller is asking me for more money. Is this allowed?

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:29:01 AM »
Your question is worded a little odd, so I will prevaricate a bit on this one.

If the price and shipping were agreed to in the auction, you bought it and there are no variances between what was agreed to and the current circumstances then you have a contract and they cannot ask for more.

However if something has happened such that the payment is not as per the contract (like eBay has a glitch so the total given to you was not the total per the auction) or you have changed the contract conditions (eg you are now asking to have it shipped a different method, to a different place or you want work done to it before shipping, etc) then they could ask for more.

I hope that all makes sense.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:35:52 AM »
Plus, it might be stated by the seller to contact them before paying to agree on shipping costs, if they are overseas sellers  - or to wait for an invoice before paying. If there is nothing like that stated in the auction, it's like StarFaerie wrote - it's a biding contract on both parties. Did the seller explain why they want you to pay more?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:15 AM »
StarFaerie is correct.

It is against eBay policy to ask for more money after the auction has ended. You owe only the winning bid plus the shipping that was stated.  I can only assume that they are asking for more money due to shipping, since your question does not go into much detail. Unfortunately that is there problem, they should have done there homework.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal