collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Very Strange incident over email? Has anyone else been contacted?  (Read 4465 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
So, I had posted that I was looking for g1 ponies needing love, and, silly though it might sound, i would prefer to be contacted on the arena, especially concerning ponies.  If I have added someone on FB, or given them my phone number, then that is fine, of course.  But, this was a strange incidence. 

I was sent an email by a Lizzie T., email address of [email protected].  She was rather confusing, was nice at first though, but confusing.  She sent multiple emails and gave multiple prices on ponies.  I told her I would get back to her after I got home from work, and could get through all the emails.  I did as soon as I could, which was about six thirty.  I had recieved multiple messages from her by that point, stating how she was upset that i hadn't messaged her yet.  I told her I had to eat dinner first, then I would give her a definite list, and would love to have prices on the ponies I was interested in.  I emailed her again as quickly as I could, then had someone come over unexpectedly, which made me unable to answer til about 8:30. 

She then had sent me a message saying how upset she was that I hadn't emailed her back with more of my information, or making a definite decision on the ponies, which I still was having trouble getting prices on.  I wasn't even sure I wanted any yet until I could get straight answers, which was getting harder and harder to do.  I then told her that I didn't want to be badgered like that, and if she was going to do that, I would not be purchasing anything from her.  I was only interested in one pony, and I wanted to know the price, but she never would tell me the price of it.  She simply wrote me off, politely, of course, saying she was more used to ebay and etsy (but who answers ebay and etsy within the first five minutes of getting messages from them?) not everyone can get to computers that quickly....

Anyway, I just wanted to warn everyone that this Lizzie T/ snowwhite1disney person is....interesting.  She claimed there were multiple people interested in her ponies, and I just want y'all to be cautious...she wouldn't give me her arena name, though she claims she was a new member here. 

mylittleponysparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Very Strange incident over email? Has anyone else been contacted?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
I am sorry. I just wanted to ask for some e mails because that's how I knew how. I don't know how to post with pictures here yet because they are on my cell phone.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
It's ok, I just felt very pressured, and that you were angry with me when it took me an hour to get back to you.  I told you I would get back to you last night, and I did, but you were honestly kinda rude to me, and it hurt my feelings.  I told you yesterday in the earyl afternoon/later morning, that I would contact you once I got home from work, which was not until six thirty. I emailed you as soon as I could, telling you I had to get some dinner, then I would go over the nearly thirty emails of pictures you sent me, and get you a list, which I did.  I emailed you again around 8 pm, and asked for prices, then took a little bit of time away from the computer, because I had an unexpected guest come over to my apartment.  I'm very sorry for that delay, but I got back to you as soon as I possibly could.  In the interim, though, you were rude, claiming I had asked for pictures, and then not been interested in them.  That was far from the truth.  You were the one to contact me in the first place though, so being patient with someone who did NOT solicit you in the first place for ponies is a good idea.  =]

I told you I didn't want to be badgered, as I felt that you were being rude and pushy with the sale, and I got several different numbers for a pony, in several different combinations, then when I asked about the single pony and the price for just it, you did not give it to me.  I'm not upset, I just felt that the whole incident was rather sketchy and it made me very uncomfortable.  I am sure you had the best of intentions in contacting me, but I do not think I will be purchasing from you.  Thank you though.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
That is strange... I myself would be wary of trading/selling/buying from anyone who wasn't willing to give me their arena name. That just seems shady. New members need to start somewhere, as we all did, with selling/buying/trading, but to be pushy like that so quickly after sending a message seems odd. I know some members here only get on once or twice a day, if that, so anytime you send a message to someone you run the risk of them not seeing it for a day or two, and people need to be understanding that everyone has a life outside of the arena. I've personally never had any problems with members here, but I would proceed with caution if you do decide to buy. New members should also understand where the majority of us are coming from when we are hesitant in buying from someone new. It seems the pony community gets scammed out of ponies and money quite often, so we're understandably cautious.

Hopefully you get everything sorted out! :)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:49:21 PM »
Tbh, that's why I eventually took my email off my profile. It sorta weirds me out when someone emails me from the Arena without telling me who they are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
This person contacted me as well, TexasGal but I'm really hesitant about buying ponies from people I don't know, so I usually stick to buying from only a few people, unless I see something I want. Being pushy isn't any way to go about selling ponies, either.

Just seemed a little weird they wouldn't tell me which ponies.

I hope you can get it sorted :hug: 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:43:29 PM by terabithianprince »

Cherrytreat

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
I was just wondering, how should I feel about this person, and then I saw this. She contacted me too, offering one of the ponies of my wanted-list and some others. I asked some pictures but she´s asking my email address to send them there. I got a little strange feeling about this.
If she really is kindly selling ponies, I apologize of my suspisions. But since others have same kinds of experiences, I just wanted to let you all know. Hope I´m wrong!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:37:05 PM by Cherrytreat »

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 05:31:04 PM »
could it be that she hasn't reached the age limit to sell on the arena, yet?
maybe she emailed you to go around this rule?

on the other hand, i personally woudn't buy anything from a person who can´t tell me the price and instead is being rude about a one hour delay. it is not a chat.
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »
She has contacted me too, on the Arena. But she wanted to trade Ponies with me, she wanted my Dutch Butterfly and Dutch Candy. I got 3 PM's, and even tho I don't have a lot of feedback myself, I was kind off scared. 

I know that I am an honest person, and that I would ship out my Ponies. And if the person I was trading with has loads of feedback, I wouldn't mind shipping my package out first. As long as I know they are reliable.

Cherrytreat

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
TexasGal, just out of curiosity, did you get any pictures?
I don´t want to be rude and suspect anyone without any proof of doing something wrong, like I said, this person may be honest new member. But I started wondering, when a friend of mine said that this person had offered her ponies she doesn´t seek for. And this hurry to get answers sounds a little unusual. I got several messages as well in a short time. But anyway, I hope everything goes fine you all make succesful business here :) I´m not able to buy anything now, but I´ve made excellent deals here, and I´m very happy with the communication I´ve had with my business partners :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 03:52:02 AM »
I am sorry. I just wanted to ask for some e mails because that's how I knew how. I don't know how to post with pictures here yet because they are on my cell phone.
Please try not to take it personal but here on the Arena most trades/sales are done through PM. It's not really common to contact someone via email unless you are perhaps a reputable seller here or a personal friend. I suggest updating your sales thread with pictures, feedback from another site, and letting folks contact you through PM's on their own accord.  I would also look over our rules on selling on this site, you will find the link at the top of the For Sale Forum.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

mylittleponysparkle

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
Thanks for your advice so sorry again I did not mean to be pushy and I will not ask for e mails to send pony pictures again I'm new so just didn't know.

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
You could also upload pictures on Facebook if you have that, and than instead of making it visible for everyone make it "Only Me"  so you can copy the link and post it :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »
I too have had her asking to buy a few of my ponies, and I hadn't replied, as I am a full time college student and blogger, and horn had another PM within minutes and it made me angry that I was being pressured. That's why I was put off the sale. In future, I would sell to you, but not if you are pushy. Sorry but that is how I felt.

Good luck as a new member though.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »
mylittleponysparkle: I think if you checked out www.photobucket.com and made an account there (it's totally free!) that would help you out alot with your pony sales and all of this confusion. You can upload pictures from your phone to that site and then you can easily post them here in your sales thread. If you click on each picture in your photobucket account it will give you an image code you just copy right into your sales thread and the pictures will show up. :)

Everyone is new at one time or another, it just takes time to figure out how things work. Don't be discouraged, ok? We don't mind answering questions or giving suggestions here, this is a very nice community. ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal