collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on G4 Sweetie Swirl & Ploomette II  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC on G4 Sweetie Swirl & Ploomette II
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
i paid 22 for my ploomete but that   was with shipping i ended up paying  15.00 for her the  rest was shipping form austrila i thnk lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »
I got my Sweetie Swirl thanks to.... ^^^^^ Hathorcat! A massive TaoBao order worked out as £8.00 for her (I think, Hathorcat?) and roughly the same for all the other ponies on the order. I don't mind settling at ~£8.00 per pony since RRP for a single pony here is £5-£8 depending on where you shop.

I've stopped buying from TaoBao just because their random ponies are so weird now, but I adore collecting the true 'freaks' that had the wrong symbol/eyes on an otherwise normal pony. :)

Ploomette I'd put at about £10 over here just because I've never seen her.

Yup :) I think by the time we factored in everything it ran to £8 and some change per pony. Wow...that was a crackers order lol.

I bought a Sweetie Swirl for $15 a few months ago because I thought her value was going to go up :(

Its not to say her price wont go back up. 12 months or so ago she was up at the $30+ mark! It is simply that a stack of them have appeared on ebay recently and volume has driven her price way down. I think at the time it amazed people she was so high in price; think about how the super common ponies in G1 are all playset ponies so you would think logically something similar would happen with G4. I dont think she is going to turn into the Peachy of G4 :P but I think her high prices are over for a while at least. She will probably drift around these lower prices now. I think you got her for a good price still :) Its not crazy high and was probably what the market was at at the time.

There is a big difference in pony generations which are being purchased by collectors at the same time they are on shelves. We saw it with G3 too. You get a surge in price for a while after toys disappear from shelves as collectors who were unable to pick them up are forced to bid and buy at slightly inflated costs. But then it evens out because all the collectors who want the pony were able to find her. But there is still a lot of them on ebay and on the market so the pony price bottoms out a touch. I think thats all thats happening with Sweetie Swirl now.

Ploomette runs higher due toee with Lorelei on Sweetie Swirl; she has recently absolutely swamped ebay because of Taobao and Chinese ebay sellers; she used to be really expensive but now loose by herself she is a $8 pony.
 a very limited release in a handful of European countries but again a lot of Chinese ebay sellers carrying her has helped lower her down. $12-14 [basically the value of the bonus pack].

Thank you all for the help so far.

How much do you think I should buy a MIB Ploomette pack for if I'm in the USA from a USA seller?

I dont think it being in the US from a US seller rather than it being in Germany/Italy makes any difference in price to the item itself. It was not available in the US so your only saving is shipping. MOC I would not pay more than $14-15 for the set and there are plenty floating around for that kind of mark. So perhaps your best bet is to calculate what you are saving on shipping from inside the US as opposed to what you would pay for shipping from Europe and add that to your offer? Its not something I personally would do as the set is worth what its worth...but the shipping saving may encourage you and the seller to agree an increased price :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • I'm reading your mind as we speak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
Traded USA exclusives for 4 Ploomette packs with the Netherlands.

I'm going to use one for my collection,
one or two for customs, and I was going to sell one to my friend, but
she got one on her own, so now I have an extra I guess. :lol:

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »
I just bought a sweetie swirl  in  package for 8.00 free shipping a few  days ago.
ditto on ebay for me

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »
why not keep an extra mib  for awhile? i mean.. who knows  in 30 years itm ight be worth soemthing.. lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 07:36:56 AM »
Traded USA exclusives for 4 Ploomette packs with the Netherlands.

I'm going to use one for my collection,
one or two for customs, and I was going to sell one to my friend, but
she got one on her own, so now I have an extra I guess. :lol:

Its up to you then on price. As I have said its going for $14-15. So if you wish to charge more as long as you are aware people can purchase it at that money plus international shipping then you will be fine. Perhaps auctioning it or even trading it may work better for you?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • I'm reading your mind as we speak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
I wouldn't ask for more, but if I got an idea for a third custom, she's gone from my trade & sale list.
Meanwhile I'll make a teen babysitter Cadance & a G4 version of Firefly with the first two Ploomettes. ;)

Now what to do with all the extra crystal empire Twilights that came with them.
They all have tinsel hair. >_<

Thanks for all the help my fellow ponies. ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal