collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you be upset?  (Read 1407 times)

LadyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Would you be upset?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
I'll have to get photos tomorrow for you guys. I'm pregnant and too tired to get up right now lol!

But my main issue was just that the glue covered almost 50% of the pony's left side. If it was just goopy on the neck I wouldn't have been as upset. I probably over reacted to be honest and ordinarily but I am super OCD about tail length and I was bummed when I got it in and it was short and then when I saw all the glue I just kind of freaked and felt I was getting taken. I'm still pretty new to vintage ponies and I just thought for the worst. Either way I'll probably end up replacing her for one with a longer tail.

I paid $9 for her and the seller gave me a $3 refund. I think $6 is more than fair for her I just was upset because I had high expectations and I got CRAZY excited when I originally bought her and kind of freaked out when I saw her thinking they were trying to pull a fast one. Either way, I feel in the condition she's in $6 is a fair price.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Would you be upset?
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 12:08:36 AM »
All you have to do with the neck glue is wipe it off with nail polish remover or acetone (avoid painted areas). 

I would been thrilled to have bought a Big Top for $9 as she's one of the more popular twins and both of mine have much serious issues than glue or a hair trim.  :)  So congratulations on your pony!  I bet she's beautiful! 

The #1 reason why we collectors get aggravated about QC in G4 currently is because it's ALWAYS been this way.  G1s have lots of flaws straight from the factory and we have had to put up with it for 30 years.  We've just learned how to resolve/deal with issues over the years.  :)  So don't feel about starting with G1s and expecting really nice ponies... most of them have flaws too!  *pony hugs*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:14:43 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal