collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FiM Gameloft - General Discussion & User IDs - Thread II  (Read 198830 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: FiM Gameloft - General Discussion & User IDs - Thread II
« Reply #1020 on: January 03, 2016, 12:29:08 PM »
xeevee, that all makes sense. My very old phone lags on all the minigames and will completely freeze up at random intervals besides, plus watching videos doesn't work and there are never any new parasprites, bats, etc. Fortunately I've been playing since forever and I have 999 of all elements and my bits actually overflow the display, so I'm never hurting there. :)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 03, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the detailed update, xeevee! Wow! I think you are definitely very talented at the mini-games! I usually "die" in the minecart game about 4000-5000 points (when I'm paying 1000 bits I mean), so I think I'm not that far off from you point-wise?

I do suspect that you might be A) exceptionally good at the 'clear the skies' game and B) in a smaller pool of players, because the last time I managed to get about 900 points (which is usually my highest LOL!), I was definitely not near the top of the ranking. That said, you still got a higher score than I usually do! :P

Thanks for all of the info! It's very comforting to hear that I'm not the only person who has trouble with that "rapid tap" part of the dance game!! I only recently figured out how to make it work - 50% of the time, anyway. XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 03, 2016, 06:58:37 PM »
I know I suck at mini games, I did that clear the skies game for the first time and I made it into one of the lesser rankings and it stated, "if you had Neon Lights, you'd earn more points! "

Neon Lights is nowhere in sight in the store   -_-
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1023 on: January 04, 2016, 12:23:03 AM »
Yeah, neon lights was a pony you won at a previous game.  But don't worry about it, the points difference is minimal.  I can get the same points with the bonus pony as I can without.  Sometimes the bonus pony is a hindrance.  The first time I ever won a pony was when the bonus pony was a baby pony and I had twilight.  Baby ponies are the worst for clear the skies.  So I ended up with 200 points more than anyone else.

And snap dragon, 4-5000 is actually a little better than me on average for mine cart.  I can get more than that, sure, but normally I'm in the 3-4000 range.  So you could definitely get a pony with that.  You just have to play it heaps.

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:44 AM »
Yeah, neon lights was a pony you won at a previous game.  But don't worry about it, the points difference is minimal.  I can get the same points with the bonus pony as I can without.  Sometimes the bonus pony is a hindrance.  The first time I ever won a pony was when the bonus pony was a baby pony and I had twilight.  Baby ponies are the worst for clear the skies.  So I ended up with 200 points more than anyone else.

And snap dragon, 4-5000 is actually a little better than me on average for mine cart.  I can get more than that, sure, but normally I'm in the 3-4000 range.  So you could definitely get a pony with that.  You just have to play it heaps.

Well, I'm not counting the times I totally bomb-out and mis-time a jump, or fall into one of the glitchy spots of the tracks and fall to my doom for no reason... Sometimes I don't even break 1k LOL!! :lmao:

Right now I'm waiting for the waiter-pony challenge to be over; I hope I win him! :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »
Hey all, really quickly - my sister just started the game and is needing friends as well.  :)  Here user code is:  a359bc
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 04, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »
hey cloud weaver! is she on the regular game or amazon underground?

For the Clear the Skies games it seems to be a lot of luck. I went through one game where for the first 15 seconds (1/3 the game!) I encountered exactly 0 bits or clouds. My highest base score is 169 (or something close to that) with my lowest being somewhere in the 60's. huge disparity to be sure!
for the parasprite clear the skies, I've only played a couple times but found the same to be true. whoever put together the game made it different enough so that there wasn't always a pattern, but sometimes that doesn't work in your favor.

and also the mine cart game...man, those glitchy sections of track where you fall through it even though there's no hole! crap! I was playing this morning and just gave up after 3/4 of the time I couldn't break 1000 base points! I was glad at those times I didn't waste the bits or gems...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:13:13 AM by MoondancerMilkyWay »
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 04, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »
Aww, you'll get better at it, MoondancerMilkyWay! It takes some time to get used to the games. And, like you said, there's a moderate amount of luck at play, too. :/

Cloud Weaver, I'm happy to add your sister! But I can't check my game until the latest contest is over, LOL!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 04, 2016, 06:40:14 PM »
Okay, so I tested this last night, and in case anyone hasn't figured this little trick out yet, here's a tip! (It's not a hack, but in case no one wants to see this kind of thing, I'm putting it behind a spoiler! I'd call it more of a "life hack" but hey, to each their own!)

Spoiler
When you play the weekly games against other people (like the 'clear the skies' game where only places 1-20 get a pony), get yourself up to a high enough point where you will definitely get the pony, then exit the game. Don't open the app again until AFTER the judging is done and your prize is rewarded. The game won't have updated your ranking since when you last played, so your place will remain intact and you win the top prize!!

I tested it out on both of my devices, and I remained in the exact same ranking that I was 2 days ago, when I played the minigame. Usually I drop at least one or two ranks before the contest is done, but this time I didn't at all! I think it may be because the app checks with the server every time you open the app, and doesn't "double-check" itself when the prizes go out. So my game thought that I was still in 4th place since that's where I was last ranked, so it gave me the 4th place prize!
I tried this this weekend and it totally worked, for the record. :) The event only gave eight gems for getting in the top 30, but it was still a successful trial run. FWIW you can totally run the game between starting and finishing the event, though, just so long as you aren't connected to the internet at the time.

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 04, 2016, 08:21:15 PM »
Okay, so I tested this last night, and in case anyone hasn't figured this little trick out yet, here's a tip! (It's not a hack, but in case no one wants to see this kind of thing, I'm putting it behind a spoiler! I'd call it more of a "life hack" but hey, to each their own!)

Spoiler
When you play the weekly games against other people (like the 'clear the skies' game where only places 1-20 get a pony), get yourself up to a high enough point where you will definitely get the pony, then exit the game. Don't open the app again until AFTER the judging is done and your prize is rewarded. The game won't have updated your ranking since when you last played, so your place will remain intact and you win the top prize!!

I tested it out on both of my devices, and I remained in the exact same ranking that I was 2 days ago, when I played the minigame. Usually I drop at least one or two ranks before the contest is done, but this time I didn't at all! I think it may be because the app checks with the server every time you open the app, and doesn't "double-check" itself when the prizes go out. So my game thought that I was still in 4th place since that's where I was last ranked, so it gave me the 4th place prize!
I tried this this weekend and it totally worked, for the record. :) The event only gave eight gems for getting in the top 30, but it was still a successful trial run. FWIW you can totally run the game between starting and finishing the event, though, just so long as you aren't connected to the internet at the time.

OOOOH, I hadn't thought about turning off my wireless! :O That's clever!! I'm glad the trick worked for you! ^^ I'm hoping it'll save me a lot of headaches trying to stay in the top ten/twenty/whatever! I'm surprised by how often I was tempted to check in on my town; I usually play non-stop for a couple weeks, then wander off for a month or two! ;)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 05, 2016, 04:23:57 AM »
Last night I had around 13,000 points in the Mine Cart Game. I jumped from 42nd place to 10th place even though I only played the Mine Cart game 3 times. I'm going to see if I won the pony tonight.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1031 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:05 AM »
I have noticed they will sometimes regroup you if you're doing badly.  One time I was so far behind in a game I wasn't even going to bother.  I came back later, boom first place.  No idea why that changed.

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 05, 2016, 05:08:04 PM »
I have noticed they will sometimes regroup you if you're doing badly.  One time I was so far behind in a game I wasn't even going to bother.  I came back later, boom first place.  No idea why that changed.

Woah, really? Because I do badly ... all the time! LOL! I did notice that occasionally, it would say I was one rank, then I'd go back to check, and I'd have slid up a couple places without playing the game.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 05, 2016, 07:10:09 PM »
Somehow I went from 10th place to win the pony to 85th place even though I didn't open the game until the event was over. I use the Android app. Does that make a difference?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 05, 2016, 10:51:29 PM »
Hmm, Ponyfan, is it possible that your game glitched, and you were never actually 10th place at all? That sounds really weird that you would jump from 42nd to 10th, and then 10th back to 85th!! What the heck! D: How disappointing!

Okay, I'm checking in on my game... and it says I need an update! Oh dear! I hope this won't affect my standing! :yikes:

Maybe it did? It says I won like, 80th-something place. Darn!! :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal