collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please help me complete my transcript collection  (Read 3607 times)

AllGenPonyFan

• Trade Count: (0)
Please help me complete my transcript collection
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:49:29 AM »
Hello again, everypony !

Sorry for my very long offline time, but I had to handle two drastic incursions in my life. That's why I wasn't in the mood to think about My Little Pony stuff.

I hope that you aren't mad at me for 'reviving' / continuing this old topic of transcripts again. The project was started in January in this thread:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,318977
Unfortunately, this thread got locked in the meantime which forced me to open this one...

My enthusiasm for movies & series of the whole My Little Pony era didn't reduce, so I'm eager to get your help again.

Luckily, I finally managed to setup my private FTP- and HTTP server machine again, so you can get all transcripts collected until now.
If you access the FTP, use this link:

ftp://mlp:[email protected]

To retrieve files via HTTP, click this URL:
http://miscellaneous.homeip.net/MLP

There's a disclaimer text which informs about non-profit type of this work. Furthermore, another document called 'Authors and owners of transcripts' provides information about current state of the project as well as information about the authors of transcripts. I'll update it as fast as possible if anything changes. Actually, a column giving detailed information about authors is still missing as I don't know much about them. Furthermore, they have to permit me to publish their data. I'll make up a corresponding section as soon as it makes sense.
Each transcript gets provided as Word document (which can also be opened easily with open-source office software) and PDF file. In addition, you'll find an Excel table listing all My Little Pony movie stuff ever released since first short movie 'Escape from Catrina'. It's my aim to reach full availability of transcripts for every relevant 'My Little Pony' film prior to current series 'Friendship is Magic' as subtitles are available here.

I hope to get some helpful answers. If this request should be problematic according to the board's rules, it's also no problem to accept that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:51:32 AM by AllGenPonyFan »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me complete my transcript collection
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »
This is awesome, I love transcripts! :)

I transcribed "Somnambula" (the Big Brother Ponies episode of "My Little Pony and Friends") a while ago, how do I submit it? :) Do I just PM you the link, or? I'd have to make doc/rtf versions (mine is in .txt format) but that shouldn't be too hard :) Just let me know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AllGenPonyFan

How to provide new transcripts
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »
Hi Carrehz,

thanks for your interest in supporting my transcripts project! You can prodive me your transcript(s) via eMail: [email protected].
You don't need to 'beautify' formatting as I'll do this so it fits the general formatting of all files.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm really happy to get support so quickly - this stimulates me to lead the project to success.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
No problem, glad I could help! :) I emailed you the transcript, let me know if it needs to be edited any ^^.

Tirac

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »
since first short movie 'Escape from Catrina'
What about Rescue at Midnight Castle? Do you have the transcript for that as well? I have it if you're interested.
*edit* you do. Oops. Guess I should have checked first.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:40 PM »
This is so cool :)
My Wish List

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
Glad you got your project back up again! And nice to see you here! ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »
This is great!!!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 03:34:01 AM »
Hi, ponies! :lookround:

It's nice to see that you like what I'm doing / providing. Take your advantage of the transcripts!  ^.^
I hope that I have some spare time at the next weekends, so I can create incomplete versions of the missing transcripts myself as well as possible...

Please give me support by proofreading these self-made transcripts, after I created any (I'll mark them in project status file), as I'm from Germany so my English skills are quite limited.

If you need a certain movie / special for which you want to setup a transcript, just let me know. I'll make it available somehow (YouTube / FTP).

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
Nice transcripts. :D  It looks like you've got most (if not all) of my favorite episodes/movies in there.  I'll enjoy reading these.  If I find anything I'll let you know. :)

Also, I'd be happy to transcribe some for you if you want me to.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:14:41 AM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »
Hi MJNSEIFER,

I'm happy that the transcripts please you  :). And thanks for your willingness to create some transcripts for me :satisfied:. That's exactly what I'm looking for: People who write new transcripts for the movies / specials which are still missing.

Everypony should have fun using the existing transcripts, but I'm looking for people like you. Without engagement of some persons, my collection can't become completed as I'm not able to write all the missing transcripts myself. And even if I could, they would contain many gaps and errors as I'm not a native English speaker and thus have understanding problems. The transcripts shall exactly 'correct' these understanding problems for everybody...

So if anypony is as kind as you and offers some spare time to write new transcripts, I'd feel very lucky. There's absolutely no stress for doing so - the project can last for month... But as I said, without support of anypony, my goal can't be archieved.

Thanks in advance for your support !!  :biggrin:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 05:31:23 AM »
I just looked at the list.  I could do the transcripts for Return to Tambelon and Quest of The Princess Ponies, or even others if you like.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

AllGenPonyFan

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 10:24:49 PM »
Hi MJNSEIFER,

I would be very happy if you invest your spare time to create and provide these two new transcripts!  :satisfied:
It's really nice to have an "active supporter", which means who writes new transcripts, of the project!  :)

Don't stress yourself at all - as I said: The project can last for months.

Thank you very much for your support!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 01:31:08 AM »
Consider it done then. :)
I'll get them to you as soon as I can.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
What a fun project :) Good luck getting it all organised.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal