collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony plans for Poland  (Read 674 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Pony plans for Poland
« on: June 20, 2014, 02:18:51 AM »
I'm going to travel to Poland next month, to attend my little cousin's baptism. What ponies can I find? Are there any exclusives or old releases? Do you know any fleamarkets or thrift stores near Gdansk?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:24:29 AM by Dreamer »

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony plans for Poland
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
I think you will find ponies of all generation, and I also think there are some fleamarkets. There are some pony collectors of Poland here I am sure theyh will give you better information and tips.  ;) ;)

Good travel and good pony hunt  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
At this moment the big brand stores have the same assortment, as any other place, so you won't find anything unique, but you can ask your family about small toy stores away from big shopping centres, as those sometimes have G3 ponies.
As for big toy stores, the biggest brand is probably Smyk, and the only interesting thing, that I've recently seen in Smyk in my city was the rainbow power fashion style Fluttershy. Other than that all the usual stuff. We also have Toys 'r Us, and thus all the TRU exclusives.

I don't live in Gdansk, so I can't tell you much about flea markets, I know there is one in Poznan, where I live :P . Chance for finding ponies on a flea market is another thing though... if you visited it daily for several months, you would have some chance, but if you hope to find something in one or two visits, you would have to be very lucky. Still it most likely will be G3.
Polish auction services can be good place to hunt for those overpriced G4 euro exclusives, such us Star Swirl or Skywishes. If they appear, they sell for less than half of their Ebay price.
If you're interested, you can look for licensed items, like books, magazines, clothes etc. These can be found mostly in supermarkets and general stores.
Generally, Poland is not any special place for ponies. We got G1 relatively late and not many people seen them as collectible items, so only a few survived and mostly in bad condition. G2 also wasn't very popular, at least I didn't see many G2 ponies. G3 was quite popular and as for G4 we tend to get all the euro exclusives (including elusive ones, like Ploomette + Twilight set). That's all I think :)
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »
I'll bump this thread to see if more people can reply... two weeks before Poland!

Offline Hope1989

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hope's My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
There are mostly G4s. I think good image of what can you find here is http://allegro.pl/figurki-my-little-pony-19428?buyNew=1&offerTypeBuyNow=1&a_enum[8620 - sth like ebay :) I checked and there's TRU, another quite big is Smyk.
Another thing is that the are 2 other cities (Sopot and Gdynia) and there's good rail connection between them :) So I'm sure you'll find sth ;)
I checked flea markets and there are mainly 2: Gdańsk Oliwa/Przymorze at wednesdays and saturdays, the other one is in Pruszcz Gdański at sundays :)
If you want you can ask someone from family to help you find something at OLX.PL (local adds page) :) Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:46:29 AM by Hope1989 »
WTB! Sdcc 2013 Exclusives My Little Pony DJ Pon-3
Have 2 Crystal Empire Promo Packs NIP for sale! Interested in? Write me ^^
My collection: old thread 1 , old thread 2 NEW ONE:happy:
FB page
Wishlist

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
CMC! Four-legged Spike! Wingless Twilight Sparkle! Celestia and Luna! Sunset Shimmer! We don't have those things anymore! And TWO fleamarkets!  :shocked: Let's see what can I bring back to Spain! (hope my parents don't find any ponies in my suitcase LOL!)  Thanks you all, but still open to replies  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal