collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Hair Care Opinion!  (Read 417 times)

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Hair Care Opinion!
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:45:09 AM »
I know for some collectors, hair is like Night of the Living Dead, while for some it is natural to just wash the hair everyday! So I want to hear your opinions! If you love pony hair care, you can share tips! And if you hate it, tell us why! Specific pony? Or the hair is too far gone?
I absolutely LOVE pony hair styling! My little princess Luna is my FRIEKING baby! I spoil her by washing her hair and brushing it about every day! :biggrin: Is there any pony you just adore doing?

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Hair Care Opinion!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 02:53:39 AM »
I love-love-love doing pony hair. One my ponies have love styled hair though I don't like mussing with it- I worked so hard the first time! :<
I'm always hunting yard sales for mussy ponies though (even ones I already own) just because I like fixing them up.... my favorite thing is getting a really dirty pony with nasty matted hair and a dirty body and cleaning it back up to display quality! Haha, I've got a couple ponies that were practically bait quality when I bought them and are combed and beautiful and displayed now. ^o^
I love styling pony hair hehe. G4s are easier than G3s though I think- there's, well, less hair to work with.
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
I think if you collect MLP, you have to love pony brushing and/or styling pony hair :) Brushable manes and tails is partly what MLP as a brand is all about.

I have seen some crazy pony hair over the years but most of it is tameable - you just need to get the right arsenal - flat iron, conditioner, baby oil and various other accoutrements and you are good to go. If you flick back through older threads you will find some amazing restorations that people have done with what looks like unmanagable hair.

Do you have pictures of your Luna and her hair styling perhaps? :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:03:16 AM »
Yes, yes I do! I must admit, more than 1/2 my photo library is Luna...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<- I lost this crown at Bed Bath and Beyond  : >_<
 My profile pic!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:05:24 AM by ZapAppleMedia »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
I love getting a new lot of ponies in and giving them all a spa day on my day off. When I first started collecting I got ponies in lots so had a dozen in a good week to clean all at once, now I don't have many new ponies coming in needing a wash and I really miss doing their... there's a special something missing when you just put a pony on the shelf without spending a little time prettying her up first and getting to know her.

I bought some childhood ponies that had rat-nest hair a little while ago and had a great time making their manes shiny and smooth again, I even gave the little girl a photo of them to remember them by since she'd loved them so dearly.

The one thing I hate about doing hair is styling a re-hair... I can't ever get it to look nice!  >_<
Anyone want to share tips and tricks to styling brand new hair?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 10:54:40 PM »
The first thing I do when a new pony arrives is give her a bath! I like to let her stew for a few minutes with lots of conditioner in and after she's rinsed, I wrap her mane around her neck and tail around a leg in whichever way the natural curl wants to go. Then I wrap a strip of paper towel around her wet hair to help it dry and form curls. I love the fruity moisturizing conditioners from Herbal Essences because the scent goes well with their "pony smell" and it conditions the hair well.

If a pony's hair is a little dry, I like to boil perm. It softens the hair and makes lovely curls!

I don't usually comb hair with lots of natural curl, but rather coil the individual curls around my fingers. For example, I've never combed my Starglow's mane because it might ruin the curls.

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »
She looks fantastic ZapApple, I especially like the style in that last picture - very 80s!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ZapAppleMedia

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
I styled the hair like that because G1 came out in the 1980's. I'd love to see a g1 with that hairstyle, but I think the hair is too short and I found that EARRING (the lightning bolt) at a craft fair in Brooklyn.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal